PowerBuilder 11.5 does not disconnect from SQL Server 2005 using ADO.Net

Hi.

    I'm work with PowerBuilder 11.5 Build 4566 and SQLServer 2005 SP2 and
try to disconnect using sqlca; but don`t work using ADO.Net driver.

Help me please.
Thanks
Marcelo Pe�ailillo

0
Marcelo

HELP: Connecting using 10.5 w\MS SQL Server\ADO.NET
Hello, I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the application, on the login I am being asked for a Data Source. Is there something in the .ini file that needs to be tweaked. Here is a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0 uses: [Mod] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x Database=pdat_1011 UserId= DatabasePassword= LogPassword= ServerName=denison03 LogId= Lock= DbParm= Prompt=0 dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011 ArchiveFile="" Thanks, LaChandra In the db-profile check out the preview tab. That tells you ...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

Extended Attribute Corruption in PB 10.5 using ADO.NET for SQL Server 2005
Extended Attributes don't seem to be working correctly when connected to SQL Server 2005 via ADO.NET. Here's how to reproduce the problem: Connect to a SQL Server database via an ADO.NET Profile in the PowerBuilder database painter. Add a new Edit Style (under Extended Attributes) that uses the default Style "Edit". Check the "Auto Selection" checkbox and click OK to save the new Edit Style. Open the new Edit Style. The "Auto Selection" checkbox should still be checked. Now click OK to close the Edit Style once again. Open the Edit Styl...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

Error using Visual Studio 2008 SP1 ASP.NET 3.5 to connect to SQL Server Express 2005 AdventureWorks.
I am following the lerning ASP.NET 3.5 by O'REILLY to write some ASP.NET 3.5 code using Visual Studio 2008 SP1. I have gotten to the point to where I need to Configure a Data Source using the SqlDataSource control. I chose Microsoft SQL Server (SqlClient) even though I have SQL Server Express 2005 - This seems like the only logical choice. I get to the Add Connection window and successfully add a Server name and I use the Select or enter a database name of AdventureWorks. When I click on Test Connection I get the Test Connection Succeeded message box. Unfortunately, when I click OK I ...

ASP.Net application developed using SQL Server 2000 can't use SQL Server 2005
Hi,If an application written in ASP.Net that uses SQL Server 2000 can have certain features that will not work on SQL Server 2005?There is an application written in ASP.Net with SQL Server 2000 which I need to convert to SQL Server 2005 but the original developer says it uses certain SQL Server 2000 specific features and won't work directly on SQL Server 2005 without modifying code. Are there any such features? Thanks  According to the official "Discontinued Database Engine Functionality In SQL Server 2005"-document on MSDN, the only Transact-SQL statement that has ...

Using ADO to connect to SQL Server 2005 or 2008 (Express and standard) using Windows Authentication
Hi, I apologize in advance if this is an overly simple question or I have simply overlooked the obvious. With the current project (it's client server not n-tier) I'm on, we usually connect using SQL Server authentication. We now have a customer that would like to us to connect to SQL server using Windows Authentication. The customer would like to control all access to SQL server using Active Directory rather than us having the username and password on the client side connecting via SQL Server Authentication. The app is still in D5 (don't ask ;) ), with all t...

PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)
Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2005? The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2000. It is work fine. John Hi John; AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be 1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set. 2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS20...

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi,I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.Server NameDatabase NameUser NamePasswordRegards,A.K.R    Anyone? I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me file included with the download of SQL Express which would explain how to connect? Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly ...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

connecting to sql server 2005 from powerbuilder 7.0?
Hi , Would anyone know how to connect from powerbuilder 7.0 to sql server 05? Do I need additional oledb / odbc drivers? And Where can i get them? Also , once i get the driver what classes etc do i need (I would be greatful if someone could give me a link?) Gideon I've used the ODBC drivers that are installed with the SQL Server 2K5 client. (Not sure what you mean by classes.) Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten giddy wrote: > Would anyone know how to connect from powerbuilder 7.0 to sql server > 05? > > Do I need additio...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder 11.5 does not disconnect from SQL Server 2005 using ADO.Net - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles