Powerbuilder 11.1 connecting to oracle 10G.

I can set up a connection using the Database Profile - Powerbuilder
11.1 to Oracle 10g. I am using the 010 Oracle 10g native driver
delivered with the Enterprise Install The connection can be opened and
all Synonyms, Tables, Procedure & Functions - tree view can be
expanded to view them When I try to create a new datawindow (tabular)
- then choose to use a stored procedure data souce, the application
just hangs when trying to bring back the procedures to select from. I
can connect to a Oracle 9.1 database - with no issues using
Powerbuilder 11.1.

My DBA notes some issues with Oracle 10g sys.all_objects view. In
using another application called PL/SQL developer - we had to add a
where clause that the application allowed: owner NOT IN
    ('ANONYMOUS', 'CTXSYS', 'DBSNMP', 'MDSYS', 'ODM', 'ODM_MTR',
'OEM',
     'OLAPSYS', 'ORDPLUGINS', 'ORDSYS', 'OUTLN', 'PERFSTAT', 'SYS',
     'SYSMAN', 'SYSTEM', 'TSMSYS', 'WKSYS', 'WMSYS', 'XDB' ) to
prevent the hanging in that application.

I am not a Powerbuild expert - but have used to interface an
application called Advance. Can a similar filter be set-up in the
database profile? Has anyone else had similar issues........

Any help would be appreciated..

Ron
0
roniwanski

Hi Ron,

Standard procedure, chock what queries is run when it hangs up.

I might be wrong('m not a DBA), but I seem to remember that optimizer
for dictionary table's been changed, and those need regular gathering
statistics.

Regards

roniwanski@gmail.com wrote:
> I can set up a connection using the Database Profile - Powerbuilder
> 11.1 to Oracle 10g. I am using the 010 Oracle 10g native driver
> delivered with the Enterprise Install The connection can be opened and
> all Synonyms, Tables, Procedure & Functions - tree view can be
> expanded to view them When I try to create a new datawindow (tabular)
> - then choose to use a stored procedure data souce, the application
> just hangs when trying to bring back the procedures to select from. I
> can connect to a Oracle 9.1 database - with no issues using
> Powerbuilder 11.1.
>
> My DBA notes some issues with Oracle 10g sys.all_objects view. In
> using another application called PL/SQL developer - we had to add a
> where clause that the application allowed: owner NOT IN
>     ('ANONYMOUS', 'CTXSYS', 'DBSNMP', 'MDSYS', 'ODM', 'ODM_MTR',
> 'OEM',
>      'OLAPSYS', 'ORDPLUGINS', 'ORDSYS', 'OUTLN', 'PERFSTAT', 'SYS',
>      'SYSMAN', 'SYSTEM', 'TSMSYS', 'WKSYS', 'WMSYS', 'XDB' ) to
> prevent the hanging in that application.
>
> I am not a Powerbuild expert - but have used to interface an
> application called Advance. Can a similar filter be set-up in the
> database profile? Has anyone else had similar issues........
>
> Any help would be appreciated..
>
> Ron
0
fisher
9/18/2008 8:06:28 PM
On Sep 18, 3:06=A0pm, fisher <fisher_NO@SPAM_star.wckp.lodz.pl_PLEASE>
wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Standard procedure, chock what queries is run when it hangs up.
>
> I might be wrong('m not a DBA), but I seem to remember that optimizer
> for dictionary table's been changed, and those need regular gathering
> statistics.
>
> Regards
>
> roniwan...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I can set up a connection using the Database Profile - Powerbuilder
> > 11.1 to Oracle 10g. I am using the 010 Oracle 10g native driver
> > delivered with the Enterprise Install The connection can be opened and
> > all Synonyms, Tables, Procedure & Functions - tree view can be
> > expanded to view them When I try to create a new datawindow (tabular)
> > - then choose to use a stored procedure data souce, the application
> > just hangs when trying to bring back the procedures to select from. I
> > can connect to a Oracle 9.1 database - with no issues using
> > Powerbuilder 11.1.
>
> > My DBA notes some issues with Oracle 10g sys.all_objects view. In
> > using another application called PL/SQL developer - we had to add a
> > where clause that the application allowed: owner NOT IN
> > =A0 =A0 ('ANONYMOUS', 'CTXSYS', 'DBSNMP', 'MDSYS', 'ODM', 'ODM_MTR',
> > 'OEM',
> > =A0 =A0 =A0'OLAPSYS', 'ORDPLUGINS', 'ORDSYS', 'OUTLN', 'PERFSTAT', 'SYS=
',
> > =A0 =A0 =A0'SYSMAN', 'SYSTEM', 'TSMSYS', 'WKSYS', 'WMSYS', 'XDB' ) to
> > prevent the hanging in that application.
>
> > I am not a Powerbuild expert - but have used to interface an
> > application called Advance. Can a similar filter be set-up in the
> > database profile? Has anyone else had similar issues........
>
> > Any help would be appreciated..
>
> > Ron

I had my DBA run this - still having issues...

I would check the query, but this is being executed by the
powerbuilder application.: "Choose data source for tabular
datawindow". Then you select the stored procedure icon and select
"Next". Then is just hangs.....???
0
roniwanski
9/19/2008 2:54:22 PM
It really is an Oracle issue.  With Oracle going cost based for the data
dictionary as well, some of the Oracle views have become very slow.
You could try limiting the users by experimenting with the 'Table Criteria'
settings on the System tab of the db-profile.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

<roniwanski@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Sep 18, 3:06 pm, fisher <fisher_NO@SPAM_star.wckp.lodz.pl_PLEASE>
wrote:
> Hi Ron,
>
> Standard procedure, chock what queries is run when it hangs up.
>
> I might be wrong('m not a DBA), but I seem to remember that optimizer
> for dictionary table's been changed, and those need regular gathering
> statistics.
>
> Regards
>
> roniwan...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I can set up a connection using the Database Profile - Powerbuilder
> > 11.1 to Oracle 10g. I am using the 010 Oracle 10g native driver
> > delivered with the Enterprise Install The connection can be opened and
> > all Synonyms, Tables, Procedure & Functions - tree view can be
> > expanded to view them When I try to create a new datawindow (tabular)
> > - then choose to use a stored procedure data souce, the application
> > just hangs when trying to bring back the procedures to select from. I
> > can connect to a Oracle 9.1 database - with no issues using
> > Powerbuilder 11.1.
>
> > My DBA notes some issues with Oracle 10g sys.all_objects view. In
> > using another application called PL/SQL developer - we had to add a
> > where clause that the application allowed: owner NOT IN
> > ('ANONYMOUS', 'CTXSYS', 'DBSNMP', 'MDSYS', 'ODM', 'ODM_MTR',
> > 'OEM',
> > 'OLAPSYS', 'ORDPLUGINS', 'ORDSYS', 'OUTLN', 'PERFSTAT', 'SYS',
> > 'SYSMAN', 'SYSTEM', 'TSMSYS', 'WKSYS', 'WMSYS', 'XDB' ) to
> > prevent the hanging in that application.
>
> > I am not a Powerbuild expert - but have used to interface an
> > application called Advance. Can a similar filter be set-up in the
> > database profile? Has anyone else had similar issues........
>
> > Any help would be appreciated..
>
> > Ron

I had my DBA run this - still having issues...

I would check the query, but this is being executed by the
powerbuilder application.: "Choose data source for tabular
datawindow". Then you select the stored procedure icon and select
"Next". Then is just hangs.....???

0
Terry

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Connectivity of Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional with Oracle 10g
Does Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional supports connectivity with Oracle 10g through native drivers ? Hi Sameer; No ... you need the "Enterprise" version to have the Oracle native driver capability. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com <Sameer-SSS> wrote in message news:49fe980b.11b7.1681692777@sybase.com... > Does Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional supports connectivity > with Oracle 10g through native drivers ? Thanks Chris. > Hi Sameer; > > No ... you need the "Enterprise"...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Please see you original post. Tony wrote: > We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connec...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. Sorry, is the the correct place to post my question? any TeamSybase member can help? Thanks Tony I thin...

What i-connect driver can be used for Powerbuilder 10.2.1 connect to Informix 11.50?
We have powerbuilder 10.2, it use i-connect 2.8.1 to connect to informix v7.3 database, we are planning to upgrade informix to version 11.5, can someone tell me what version of i-connect (or informix client sdk) can work with powerbuilder 10.2 and informix 11.50? what powerbuilder native driver need to be installed? can we use the most recent i-connect version v3.5 and "IN9 informix v9.x" native drive? anybody have any issue with this setup? Thank you in advance. ...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

How to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 from PowerBuilder 7
Hi there, I am new to PowerBuilder and have troubles to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 from Powerbuilder 7. I have a book on PB7, and it says PB7 can connect to Oracle up to 8.0.4. Can I connect to Oracle 8.1.6 from PB7? If so, how? Many thanks! Qi Hi 1st you have to install the Oracle-Client-SW and configure it. then you can connect to an Oracle-DB using the native-Driver - Frank Qi_Yang schrieb: > Hi there, > > I am new to PowerBuilder and have troubles to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 > from Powerbuilder 7. I have a book on PB7, and it says PB7 ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica Monica, Since you're going to the trouble of installing or upgrading to Orac...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica I go against 8.1.7 with 6.5 (build 1264) and 7.0.3. Haven't run into any is...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica you may want to check if Oracle web site has its own pboraX.dll for your purpose...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder 11.1 connecting to oracle 10G. - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles