PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)

Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS
SQL 2005?
The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to
connect MS SQL 2000.  It is work fine.

John

0
john

Hi John;

    AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be
1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted
to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set.
2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe
that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS2000
client even though you are connecting to SS2005 in production.

Good luck!

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

"john" <johntlf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect
> MS SQL 2005?
> The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0"
> to connect MS SQL 2000.  It is work fine.
>
> John

0
Chris

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

How do i upgrade PowerBuilder 5.0's native driver for MS SQL Server 6.5?
If you have the 5.0.04 patches, you have the latest stuff that I know of. Tech Support might have something as a private EBF, but you would have to contact them directly to determine that. Are you having a particular problem with the drivers you have now? On Tue, 9 Feb 1999 11:38:18 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database A-B-C <a-b-c@163.net> wrote: > --- Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS] | Romac/Source International mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com | http://www.romac-sou...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Cannot connect to SQL Server 6.5 using PB Native Driver
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 and my laptop is connected to NT Server 4.0 that has SQL Server 6.5. I also installed the MS SQL Client in my laptop. When I try to connect to database in SQL Server 6.5 in database profiles, after I click on new button I got this error: 'Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interfaces'. Can anyone tell me what files are missing in my laptop in order to connect ? Thanks Harry Get FaxLine 47750 from http://techdocs.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=47750. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com Harr...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

Crystal Reports
We had migrated from PB 6.0 to Power builder 6.5.1. On back-end side we had migrated from MS SQL Server 6.5 to 7 We found that datawindows are not working when we use ODBC connection between PB6.5.1 and SQL Server 7.Native driver connection solved this problem. But we are also using Crystal Report 4.6.1 for some of the reports. I am accessing the crystal report using OLE/OCX control. Previously Iam using the connect property of Crystal report to connect to database at runtime. The syntax is as below: Ole_1.Object.connect = "DSN=myconnect;UID=myuser;PWD=12345;DSQ=ABCDB;&qu...

A Problem to Connect SQL Server 2000 Through MSS MS SQL Server 6.x Interaface
Hi, We have two SQL Server 2000 database servers. I have no problem to connect serverA through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. But I cannot connect to serverB through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. I tried to connect to serverB through ODBC. It is connected well, but there was error message said "Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use." My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.2 and build 8046. Mindy ...

MSS MS SQL Sever 6.X native interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 ?
Is MSS MS SQL Server 6.X, the native interface to use in db-painter for MS SQL Server 7.0? It works fine but is it right? OLE DB also works fine but RESELECTROW does not work in our app. with OLE DB. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

Problems connecting the MS SQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6.5 ...

PB6.5->7.0
I have an app that works fine under PB6.5 which I migrated to 7.0. It used to run fine under 6.5 connecting to SQL Server 6.5. I've made no code changes at all but when I try to connect to the server under PB 7, it just stops and the hard disk goes like crazy. If I connect through PB to the database and then bring up a DW, I can see data. It just appears like my app can't connect. Any ideas? TIA. - Jeffrey There is a huge memory leak with the native driver. The workaround: Put a Space in dbparm. In development, set staticbind or something. -- Terry Dykstra (Team...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

Web resources about - PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0) - sybase.powerbuilder.connection