PB10 Oracle client 8 and oracle client 9

I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10.  Most of our users have oracle
client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9.  PCs with oracle 9 client can
access our oracle db fine.  PCs with oracle 8 client cannot.  Datawindows
cannot do a simple retrieve!

Any help is appriciated!
Thanks!
HD

0
HD

I use O84 driver to access Oracle 8i/9i without problem.  What are you
using?  Any error messages.  Have you run a pbtrace (SQLCA.DBMS="trace O84")
?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com

"HD" <hdoan@umn.edu> wrote in message news:434eb5d4@forums-1-dub...
> I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10.  Most of our users have
oracle
> client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9.  PCs with oracle 9 client
can
> access our oracle db fine.  PCs with oracle 8 client cannot.  Datawindows
> cannot do a simple retrieve!
>
> Any help is appriciated!
> Thanks!
> HD

0
Terry
10/14/2005 8:55:51 PM
I upgrade everyone to Oracle 9.2 client and the problem is solved.
Thanks!

"HD" <hdoan@umn.edu> wrote in message news:434eb5d4@forums-1-dub...
>I recently migrate our apps from PB9 to PB10.  Most of our users have
>oracle
> client 8 installed, some have oracle client 9.  PCs with oracle 9 client
> can
> access our oracle db fine.  PCs with oracle 8 client cannot.  Datawindows
> cannot do a simple retrieve!
>
> Any help is appriciated!
> Thanks!
> HD