PB 6.5 / SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 (ASA) connectivity

I can't get PB to see a ASA 6.0 network server either from the desktop or as
an exe.  I've seen several messages that imply that because PB6.5 was
released before ASA 6.0, there is a need to apply a patch (PB6.5.1).  I've
done this and still have the same problems.

Can somebody confirm that it is in fact possible to connect the PB 6.5.1
desktop to an ASA network server and similarly the exe.  If, it can be done
then I'll keep at it, otherwise I'll happily accept any alternative
suggestions.

BTW, I am able to connect to the network server using ISQL with no problems
but have no success using PB even when I'm using the same ODBC datasource.

TIA.

-Walter

0
Walter

PB 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 connection failed.
Hello, I have a problem of PB6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ( which is buddled with PB 6.0). I wrote an applications with PB6.5 and created the database in SQL Anywhere 5.0. It works in my PC normally. However I cannot install the user's PC because the application cannot connect with the database though ODBC. I have setup the ODBC configuration with 32-bit ODBC administrator with is in Control Panel. And the setting is the same as the PC for development. I also installed the PB runtime files and another SQL anywhere stand alone server to user's PC. The user's PC is instal...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

PB 6.5.1/7.0 Connect 16-bit exe with ASA 6.0
I have the Techdoc DocID 444777 on connecting 16-bit exes with 32-bit SQL Anywhere DBs: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44477 I have followed it to the letter and cannot get it to work: Error message on 16-bit exe CONNECT using SQLCA: ODBC is not supported in your installation. Has anyone else tried this? 32-bit exe works no problems (well it would 32-bit ODBC). Platform is Win95. I have both the 32-bit and 16-bit deployment kits installed on the same machine. I think the problem is with the so-called ODBC bridge. Any help appreciated. Problem ...

PB 6.5 connects to ASA 6.0 via OpenClient
Hi, Wonder if anyone has tried to connect to ASA 6.0 via openclient. I tried it and it doesn't seems to work. I believe I have setup all the necessary components. 1. I have created a database using Sybase Central 2. Started the db using dbsrv6 -x tcpip ... 3. setup my sql.ini using DSEDIT 4. I am able to ping the server with no error 5. setup db profile from within PB, can't connect, either an error about wrong id/pwd or two endpoints error I think I need to run some kind of pbsyc.sql file on ASA but 6.5 does not have a file for it. The one that comes in server...

WARNING: Connections to SQL Anywhere 5.5 or ASA 6.0 no longer works properly after applying last patches !!
We are using PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to connect to SQL Anywhere 5.5 and ASA 6.0 databases. After applying the last ASA patch (6.0.3) on my PC, it no longer works properly. In the database painter and whenever I access an ASA database, all the table names appears in lowercase (they previously appeared in uppercase) and I can no longer edit or view the indexes. In SQL central, anything is still OK. The problem only happens in Powerbuilder. So, I suppose it's related to the PB/ODBC interface... Perhaps I need to add something in the PBODB050.INI file ... but what ? The very sam...

How do you get PB 6.5.1 Desktop to connect to a ASA 6.0 database?
I get the following error message :- Unsupported ODBC driver "DBODBC6W" Does anyone know how to fix this problem. Thanks Wayne ...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

Connect to SQL Anywhere 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, Our PB 6.0 app. is running on the local workstation interfacing SQL Anywhere 5.0 DB on c: drive as temperary database and interfacing MSSQL 6.5 as primary data source. Data is upload from local SQL Anywhere 5.0 db to MSSQL 6.5 thru pipelines. Questions: 1. When connecting to MSSQL 6.5, Should we use ODBC SQL Server driver or PB native MS SQL 6.X driver ? We are using ODBC driver to connect to local SQL Anywhere now. 2. Where can we get the latest version of ODBC MS SQL Server driver or PB Native driver for MS SQL 6.5 ? 3. SQL Anywhere 5.0 allow mutliple column...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 / SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 (ASA) connectivity - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Facebook’s Connectivity Lab: Drones, Planes, Satellites, Lasers To Further Internet.org Mission Of Bringing ...
Look, up in the sky. It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s a drone from Facebook? The social network Thursday announced the formation of the Connectivity ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Mark Zuckerberg on Internet.org: Connectivity key to socio-economic balance
Mark Zuckerberg is out to change the world through building an infrastructure that will open connectivity to everyone. In a wide-ranging interview ...

Parks and Recreation: You could have network connectivity problems - YouTube
http://ricochetvideos.com Andy Dwyer is the goofy, lovable character from Parks and Recreation, and in this scene he diagnoses Leslie's flu by ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...