PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed

We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL
Server 6.5.  They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL
Server 2000 client tools on my computer.  I still have the SQL 6.5 tools
loaded.  At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client.  I did not
have any problems with my apps after that install,  only after the 2000
installation.  We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5
client, but I am still having problems running the applications.  I am
getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window:  myapp.exe -
Ordinal Not Found...........The ordinal 2862 could not be located in the
dynamic link library PBVM60.dll."

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...

0
Cecilia

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 to SQL 2000 connectivity
Can you pls. give me advise for connecting SQL 2000 using our PB 6.5 application. Any Database driver required? I used PBMSS80.DLL but it doesn't work. I need information ASAP. thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp L See the post right after yours. (send to me) HTH -EGM Ronee Salvacion <ronee_salvacion@pinpnt.com.au> wrote in message news:ZZ9ctLgBCHA.289@forums.sybase.com... > > Can you pls. give me advise for connecting SQL 2000 using > our PB 6.5 application. > > ...

Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02
I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has the server name and database name set, the rest is all default. In PB I make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'. In the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage. When I press OK to connect, PB crashes. I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client software and PB installed on it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of things like setting ...

PB 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 connection failed.
Hello, I have a problem of PB6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ( which is buddled with PB 6.0). I wrote an applications with PB6.5 and created the database in SQL Anywhere 5.0. It works in my PC normally. However I cannot install the user's PC because the application cannot connect with the database though ODBC. I have setup the ODBC configuration with 32-bit ODBC administrator with is in Control Panel. And the setting is the same as the PC for development. I also installed the PB runtime files and another SQL anywhere stand alone server to user's PC. The user's PC is instal...

Connectivity Problem with PB 6.5 or PB 7.0 and Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21
I have problems from Power Builder 6.5 and Power Builder 7.0 when I connect from development environment. I wish connect to Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21 on Windows NT. I have this problem with Native Driver "IN7 I-Net v7.x" and "IN7 I-Net v9.x" The database painter show me the owner of table wrong! This problem was correct in any other release? Thanks Alejandro Del� pd: I can do it with Informix-Cli or early Version! but not with INFORMIX-CLI of IDS.200 !!! Do you have the correct version of the DB drivers? Just thought I'd ask in ...

Connection to SQL Server 2000 with PB 6.5
Currently I am using PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 6.5. Would it work if it is connected to SQL Server 2000? Please advice me. Thank You. ...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 through PB 6.5
Hi, I am using SQL server authenticaion (sa) to connect to the server. I am not able to connect the sql server through powerbuilder application from my machine (windows 2000 professional) if i am not having the administrator rights in my local machine. How will I be able to connect to the sql server without having the local machines administrator rights. Thanks. Dev ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp What database driver are you using ? ODBC ? MSS ? You should not need local admin just to connect to SQL Ser...

PB 6.5 / MS SQL 6.5 / Stored Procedue dw creation problem
We are beginng to have trouble creating stored procedure datawindows that us an argument in an if statement. Powerbuilder is returning an error message: "Requested result set number 1 not found". The whole message from the trace file is: "PROCEDURE PREPARE: execute dbo.trf_sm_ltl_orders_to_route;1 @as_all = '0' (30 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : Requested result set number 1 not found" If you comment out the IF @as_all = "N" then it will create the dw fine. We can't figure out why this just started because we have been doing this...

PB 6.5 / SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 (ASA) connectivity
I can't get PB to see a ASA 6.0 network server either from the desktop or as an exe. I've seen several messages that imply that because PB6.5 was released before ASA 6.0, there is a need to apply a patch (PB6.5.1). I've done this and still have the same problems. Can somebody confirm that it is in fact possible to connect the PB 6.5.1 desktop to an ASA network server and similarly the exe. If, it can be done then I'll keep at it, otherwise I'll happily accept any alternative suggestions. BTW, I am able to connect to the network server using ISQL with no probl...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

to connect pb 6.5.1 to SQL SERVER 2000???
how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Your only options are the native and odbc interfaces. Aside from not supporting any new features, the native interface should work without any problems. "JORGE" <george_ariza@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zZ1ex8vlCHA.259@forums.sybase.com... > > how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

Problems connecting the MS SQL 6.5 after migrating from PB6.5 to PB7.0
After migrating my PFC based PB6.5 application to PB7.0 application, I cannot connect the deployed EXE program to MS SQL 6.5. I can connect to the database before the migration. If I run the application in PW7.0, I can connect to the MS SQL 6.5 database without any problem. However it does not work if I run the deployed program. By changing the INI file, I can connect to Sybase SQL 11.5 database but not the MS SQL 6.5. Please advise if anyone has faced the same problem and how to solve this problem. I forgot to state that I am using native drive to connect the the MS SQL 6.5 ...

Client 6.5.5 and 6.5.6
I am testing this before rolling it out to users--in the item lists, is there a reason that the year no longer displays in the date column (We are upgrading from SP2 and it is fine there)? It now reads mm/dd and the time instead of mm/dd/yy and the time. This is also true of the header when you open an item. It is particulalry a problem when looking at document references. This is not unique to me, is it? Found it--in the Options for date and Time--now, is it possible that the SP5 update changed the settings? "PatM" <pmuellerNOSPAM@cmt-law.com> wrote in ...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

Internet connections at UK universities have been knocked out by a 'persistent' cyber attack
... internet following a targeted cyber attack on a nationwide education network. The University of Manchester said on Tuesday its internet connection ...