PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5

We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5.  PB 5.0 applications (both
PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch
jobs) have been running on them for a long time.  Native drivers are used.
I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them.

With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all
the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps.  On the third server, I
can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only.  When the apps
in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error
message:

"Unable to connect:  SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist.  General
network error.  Check your documentation."

The night job apps are the same on the three servers - only the database
and server names in the ini files differ.  So, for some reason, on one
server the client PCs can find the server, but PB 6.5 apps running on the
server itself can't find SQL (isql statements in the batch jobs work on all
three servers).

I looked at the Sybase Website and didn't see anything.  Any clues?  Thanks.

Don DiCristoforo
Cancer Prevention Research Center
University of Rhode Island

0
Don

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

connect pb10.5 to ms sql server 6.5
I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Native driver. It is still possible to connect but you will need alternate connectivity options such as ODBC or OLEDB. deucerider01 wrote: > I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it > possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? On Dec 8, 2:01=A0pm, "Chris Keating (Sybase iAnywhere)" <keating_nos...@sybase.com> wrote: > PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Nat...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02
I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has the server name and database name set, the rest is all default. In PB I make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'. In the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage. When I press OK to connect, PB crashes. I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client software and PB installed on it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of things like setting ...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

Executing a MS SQL server 6.5 procedure with no result sets from PB 6.5...
Hi friends, I have a stored procedure created in MS SQL Server 6.5. The procedure has 4 arguments. The procedure will do some calculations & then finally will insert some data into a table. That's it. It won't return any resultset (no select statement). Now I need to execute the procedure from within a PB application(verion 6.5). Which is te best method for this. Dynamic SQL format 1/2/.... Thanks in advance. Thanks. Bye. With Regards, Jeinutheen Mohamed. In your PB script, declare the procedure : DECLARE sp_procedure PROCEDURE F...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

How connect PB 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000 with ODBC
Hi: I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with a ODBC connection, but they return this message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range How i can do it? Thanks -- Francisco L�pez Keyhelp, S.L. Departamento de desarrollo PB 6.5 is too old as it's ODBC driver handshake is out-of-date compared to the one provided by Microsoft. "Keyhelp" <keyhelpNOSPAM@keyhelp(dot)net> wrote in message news:4369f838@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...