PB 6.5 App can't connect to MSSQL 7.0 DB

I have a PB 6.5 application that uses native drivers to connect to a MS SQL
7.0 DB.
The system was created on installed using MS SQL 6.5 then upgraded to 7.0.
The DB validates users using SQL User IDs/Password instead of the NT Logon
Users.
The primary network login is to a Novell Server which handle File and Print
services.

On some workstations, after I upgrade the SQL Client to 7.0 the application
can't connect to the DB.
(Before updating the application could connect to the SQL 7.0 DB using the
6.5 SQL Client DLLs.)
On the same workstations I can use the Query Analyzer to connect just fine!

I have seen this on both Win 98 and Win NT WS workstations.
These workstations have both MS Client for Microsoft Networks installed and
either the MS Client for Novell Networks or the the Novell 32 Client
installed.

My guess is that the PB MS Driver needs to be able to find the server in a
way that is different than is used by the Query Analyzer Tools, but I don't
know what that would be.

Any Ideas?

TIA, Doug

0
Doug

Upgrade to PB6.5.1

"Doug Webb" <dwebb@sprintmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a PB 6.5 application that uses native drivers to connect to a MS
SQL
> 7.0 DB.
> The system was created on installed using MS SQL 6.5 then upgraded to 7.0.
> The DB validates users using SQL User IDs/Password instead of the NT Logon
> Users.
> The primary network login is to a Novell Server which handle File and
Print
> services.
>
> On some workstations, after I upgrade the SQL Client to 7.0 the
application
> can't connect to the DB.
> (Before updating the application could connect to the SQL 7.0 DB using the
> 6.5 SQL Client DLLs.)
> On the same workstations I can use the Query Analyzer to connect just
fine!

> I have seen this on both Win 98 and Win NT WS workstations.
> These workstations have both MS Client for Microsoft Networks installed
and
> either the MS Client for Novell Networks or the the Novell 32 Client
> installed.
>
> My guess is that the PB MS Driver needs to be able to find the server in a
> way that is different than is used by the Query Analyzer Tools, but I
don't
> know what that would be.
>
> Any Ideas?
>
> TIA, Doug

0
Simon
8/8/2000 3:07:52 PM
I can't do that because of the bugs introduced by that version.
(Specifically the undesired rowfocuschanging that occurs when updates are
performed on datawindows that share data.

Is my problem a documented bug in 6.5.0?

Simon Caldwell <simonATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote in message
> Upgrade to PB6.5.1

0
Doug
8/8/2000 7:08:47 PM
Have you tried 6.5 build 1212?:
ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/65121232.zip

I agree with Simon and would not use 6.5 build 444, for anything.

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:08:47 -0400, "Doug Webb" <dwebb@sprintmail.com>
wrote:

>I can't do that because of the bugs introduced by that version.
>(Specifically the undesired rowfocuschanging that occurs when updates are
>performed on datawindows that share data.
>
>Is my problem a documented bug in 6.5.0?
>

>Simon Caldwell <simonATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote in message
>> Upgrade to PB6.5.1

0
NOSPAM_matthewc
8/8/2000 8:30:01 PM
Is  build 1212 the '6.5.1' build or was this a later build of 6.5.0?
I have been using 6.5 build 444 for a year with generally good results.  Are
there other issues with this build?

Matthew Chestnut <NOSPAM_matthewc@proam.com> wrote in message
> Have you tried 6.5 build 1212?:
> ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/65121232.zip
>
> I agree with Simon and would not use 6.5 build 444, for anything.
>
> On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:08:47 -0400, "Doug Webb" <dwebb@sprintmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I can't do that because of the bugs introduced by that version.
> >(Specifically the undesired rowfocuschanging that occurs when updates are
> >performed on datawindows that share data.
> >
> >Is my problem a documented bug in 6.5.0?
> >
> >Simon Caldwell <simonATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote in message
> >> Upgrade to PB6.5.1

0
Doug
8/8/2000 8:59:00 PM
We don't use PB6.x.  But AFAIK, 6.5.1 is the update that allows you to
interface to SQL7.

Simon

> I can't do that because of the bugs introduced by that version.
> (Specifically the undesired rowfocuschanging that occurs when updates are
> performed on datawindows that share data.
>
> Is my problem a documented bug in 6.5.0?
>

> Simon Caldwell <simonATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote in message
> > Upgrade to PB6.5.1

0
Simon
8/9/2000 9:15:02 AM
Build 444 is PB 6.5.
Build 620 is PB 6.5.1.
Any build after 620 is an EBF.  Build 1212 is the latest EBF.

On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 16:59:00 -0400, "Doug Webb" <dwebb@sprintmail.com>
wrote:

>Is  build 1212 the '6.5.1' build or was this a later build of 6.5.0?
>I have been using 6.5 build 444 for a year with generally good results.  Are
>there other issues with this build?
>
>Matthew Chestnut <NOSPAM_matthewc@proam.com> wrote in message
>> Have you tried 6.5 build 1212?:
>> ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/65121232.zip
>>
>> I agree with Simon and would not use 6.5 build 444, for anything.
>>
>> On Tue, 8 Aug 2000 15:08:47 -0400, "Doug Webb" <dwebb@sprintmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I can't do that because of the bugs introduced by that version.
>> >(Specifically the undesired rowfocuschanging that occurs when updates are
>> >performed on datawindows that share data.
>> >
>> >Is my problem a documented bug in 6.5.0?
>> >
>> >Simon Caldwell <simonATgetrealsystemsDOTcom> wrote in message

0
NOSPAM_matthewc