PB 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 connection failed.

Hello,

I have a problem of PB6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ( which is buddled with PB
6.0).  I wrote an applications with PB6.5 and created the database in SQL
Anywhere 5.0.  It works in my PC normally.  However I cannot install the
user's PC because the application cannot connect with the database though
ODBC. I have setup the ODBC configuration with 32-bit ODBC administrator
with is in Control Panel.  And the setting is the same as the PC for
development.  I also installed the PB runtime files and another SQL anywhere
stand alone server to user's PC.  The user's PC is installed with Windows95
freshly.  I also tried to install Micosoft Access to update the ODBC
drivers, but it doesn't work.  What I can do for this??

Regards,
Howard Wong

0
Howard

Make sure that you configure the user's ODBC to use the runtime engine
(rteng), not the fullblown engine (dbeng).

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS versions in your post.
"Howard Wong" <howardwong@loyaltex.apparel.com.hk> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem of PB6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 ( which is buddled with PB
> 6.0).  I wrote an applications with PB6.5 and created the database in SQL
> Anywhere 5.0.  It works in my PC normally.  However I cannot install the
> user's PC because the application cannot connect with the database though
> ODBC. I have setup the ODBC configuration with 32-bit ODBC administrator
> with is in Control Panel.  And the setting is the same as the PC for
> development.  I also installed the PB runtime files and another SQL
anywhere
> stand alone server to user's PC.  The user's PC is installed with
Windows95
> freshly.  I also tried to install Micosoft Access to update the ODBC
> drivers, but it doesn't work.  What I can do for this??
>
> Regards,
> Howard Wong

0
Terry

PB 6.5 / SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0 (ASA) connectivity
I can't get PB to see a ASA 6.0 network server either from the desktop or as an exe. I've seen several messages that imply that because PB6.5 was released before ASA 6.0, there is a need to apply a patch (PB6.5.1). I've done this and still have the same problems. Can somebody confirm that it is in fact possible to connect the PB 6.5.1 desktop to an ASA network server and similarly the exe. If, it can be done then I'll keep at it, otherwise I'll happily accept any alternative suggestions. BTW, I am able to connect to the network server using ISQL with no probl...

Connect to SQL Anywhere 5.0 and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, Our PB 6.0 app. is running on the local workstation interfacing SQL Anywhere 5.0 DB on c: drive as temperary database and interfacing MSSQL 6.5 as primary data source. Data is upload from local SQL Anywhere 5.0 db to MSSQL 6.5 thru pipelines. Questions: 1. When connecting to MSSQL 6.5, Should we use ODBC SQL Server driver or PB native MS SQL 6.X driver ? We are using ODBC driver to connect to local SQL Anywhere now. 2. Where can we get the latest version of ODBC MS SQL Server driver or PB Native driver for MS SQL 6.5 ? 3. SQL Anywhere 5.0 allow mutliple column...

Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02
I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has the server name and database name set, the rest is all default. In PB I make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'. In the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage. When I press OK to connect, PB crashes. I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client software and PB installed on it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of things like setting ...

Help! I am trying to connect a PB 4.0 app to SQL Anywhere 5.5
I have been trying to connect a PowerBuilder 4.0 app. to SQl Anywhere 5.5, running in Server mode on a Novell 4.1 network. I just get error messages stating that the ODBC driver cannot be found or cannot be configured. Any help would be greatly be appreciated. -={Brian}=- :) bkedersha@aol.com Are you able to configure the ODBC datasource through the administrator? If not, either the directory in the ODBCINST.INI section of your registry is pointing to the wrong where the wod50t.DLL is located. Also, you may need to place the \SQLANY\WIN32 in your path, if your registr...

Pb6.5 Connecting to SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 Database
Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it when I try to create a database profile in PB6.5 ??. I can create an ODBC database profile though, but i don't want to use ODBC. Thanks Ravi Nath Ravi, SQL Anywhere uses the ODBC interface as native so that's the right way to go. Regards, John Olson [TeamSybase] Developower, Inc. www.developower.com SAS wrote in message ... >Does PB6.5 support SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.4 database interface, I don't see it >when I try to create >a database profile in PB6.5 ??. >I c...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

WARNING: Connections to SQL Anywhere 5.5 or ASA 6.0 no longer works properly after applying last patches !!
We are using PowerBuilder 5.0.04 to connect to SQL Anywhere 5.5 and ASA 6.0 databases. After applying the last ASA patch (6.0.3) on my PC, it no longer works properly. In the database painter and whenever I access an ASA database, all the table names appears in lowercase (they previously appeared in uppercase) and I can no longer edit or view the indexes. In SQL central, anything is still OK. The problem only happens in Powerbuilder. So, I suppose it's related to the PB/ODBC interface... Perhaps I need to add something in the PBODB050.INI file ... but what ? The very sam...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

DSN-less connection to SQL Anywhere 5.0 from VB 6.0
I am trying to connect to SQL Anywhere database using ADO in VB 6.0, but without using a specific DSN. I have gotten it to work using a DSN, but am trying to provide everything the connection will need without using the DSN, as not all the computers this will run on will have the DSN. Currently running this code to make connection to SQL Anywhere database using DSN: Public adocnn As New ADODB.Connection Sub Main() Dim adoRecordset As ADODB.Recordset Dim strCnn As String Dim adoCmd As ADODB.Command Set adoCmd = CreateObject("adodb.command") Set...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

PB 6.5 to Oracle 8.0.5 Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00CC_01C01986.A9D08120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm getting an error NETCMN-Invalid Driver Designator (OR8-06401) when = connnecting a PB 6.5 application to a 8.0.5 Connection. The Oracle = Client has been installed and connects properly. Has anyone got this = message and how did you resolve it. --=20 Thank You Mark Goldstein WorkFlow Integrators, Inc. 512.328.1007 Ext. 12 mark@wfiinc.com www.wfiinc.com ------=_NextPar...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 and SQL Anywhere 5.0 connection failed. - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...