PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a

We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server
database, ver 6.5 SP4.

Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database.  I see many issues regarding a
required update for PB 5.0.04.  Fine, we'll deal with that.

Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is
compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a?  Also, does anyone have test results
using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7?

Thanks!

0
Todd

If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack
5 or ODBC driver 3.7.  Either nobody is having problems with it, they aren't
reporting them, or they haven't moved to it yet (and you get to be the first!).

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:54:48 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
Todd Townley <twtownley@lambtech.com> wrote:
>We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server
>database, ver 6.5 SP4.
>
>Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database.  I see many issues regarding a
>required update for PB 5.0.04.  Fine, we'll deal with that.
>
>Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is
>compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a?  Also, does anyone have test results
>using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7?
>
>Thanks!

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

Bruce
5/7/1999 10:40:35 PM
Wait!  My bad.  Just found a couple:

Microsoft has changed the types and lengths returned for some of their data
types in their 7.0 version of their ODBC driver (3.70.x).  As a result,
PowerBuilder sometimes couldn't find an internal mapping from PB data types
to the ODBC data types of SQL Server.

The error message it returns is "Program Type out of Range".

Also:

PB fails under some European Regional Settings using the MS SQL Server ODBC
Driver 3.70.6.23

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:54:48 -0400,
 in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
Todd Townley <twtownley@lambtech.com> wrote:
>We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server
>database, ver 6.5 SP4.
>
>Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database.  I see many issues regarding a
>required update for PB 5.0.04.  Fine, we'll deal with that.
>
>Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is
>compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a?  Also, does anyone have test results
>using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7?
>
>Thanks!

---
Bruce Armstrong [TeamPS]                | Romac/Source International
mailto:Bruce.Armstrong@eudoramail.com   | mailto:jobs@sourcela.com
                                        | http://www.romac-source.com

Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words. [Francis of Assisi]
http://www.kidbrothers.org                http://www.fccwc.org
http://www.harvest.org/text/knowgod.html

Bruce

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

Executing a MS SQL server 6.5 procedure with no result sets from PB 6.5...
Hi friends, I have a stored procedure created in MS SQL Server 6.5. The procedure has 4 arguments. The procedure will do some calculations & then finally will insert some data into a table. That's it. It won't return any resultset (no select statement). Now I need to execute the procedure from within a PB application(verion 6.5). Which is te best method for this. Dynamic SQL format 1/2/.... Thanks in advance. Thanks. Bye. With Regards, Jeinutheen Mohamed. In your PB script, declare the procedure : DECLARE sp_procedure PROCEDURE F...

BUG!!!! ?? Using Stored Procedure with PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5.
I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading to PB 6.5 I cannot assign any of my stored procedures to a datawindow. What the .... is wrong. Is it my installation? Is it PB 6.5? In fact it is serious as my reports are not running. Any comments are appreciated. Thomas Door Maersk Data AS What is the error you are getting, maybe we could help you then. Randy Thomas D��r <thd@maerskdata.dk> wrote in article <CoL4foOz9GA.276@forums.powersoft.com>... > I have some stored procedures on my DBMS, MS SQL Server 6.5. After upgrading ...

Help me!!! PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
After I upgraded my MS SQL Server 6.5 with SP 5a, I found that I couldn't get the query results of database in powerbuilder 5.0. And when I used Database Pointer of PB5.0 to query table, PB 5.0 give a message "XX's data type is not support." and nothing be retrieved. sander_han@hotmail.com This is being addressed in PB 5.0.04, BECAUSE MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5 is required for Y2K. A fix is not publically available yet, but I believe it is imminent. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support joneil@sybase.com A-B-C wrote: > After I upgraded my MS...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PB 6.5 & MS SQL 6.5
This is probably an MS SQL issue but I figured it was worth presenting here for some possible insight. Any help is greatly appreciated. - I have two tables: BATCH & EMPLOYER_GROUP - BATCH is a child of EMPLOYER_GROUP - EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID is the primary key column in EMPLOYER_GROUP and a foreign key column in BATCH - The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column in BATCH may be null - There is current only one record in BATCH. The EMPLOYER_GROUP_ID column is null in that record. The following SELECT does not (in my opinion) work correctly: SELECT * FROM BATCH, EMPLOYER_GROUP ...

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 5.0 cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

PB 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5
I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL. Regards Chris Wilson chris.wilson@entex.com In article <35411705.278D@entex.com>, chris.wilson@entex.com says... > I am migrating from SQL Server 6.0 to 6.5 and am wondering if there are > any new drivers needed. The current driver is PBMSS050.DLL > The latest PBMSS050.DLL driver is the one in the 5.0.04 maintenance release. I don't believe there is a new driver specific for 6.5. WHat version of PB are you using? -- ...

SQL Server 6.5 / DLL's / PB 6.5
Hello, Our programs run on SQL Server 6.5 but we need to migrate them to 7.0 thus I was wondering which .DLL to use when deploying our PB6.5 program when the database is a SQL Server 7.0. At the moment we have been using v6.5.00.444 of pbmss60.dll for the SQL 6.5 and we have a v6.5.00.575 (03-02-99) which is supposed to be used for 7.0 - however it is called Beta which doesn't somehow doesn't give me a good feeling... is the latter really needed for running with SQL 7.0 or can we continue using the ol' 444 without any problems ? TIA </anders> ...

connect pb10.5 to ms sql server 6.5
I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Native driver. It is still possible to connect but you will need alternate connectivity options such as ODBC or OLEDB. deucerider01 wrote: > I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it > possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? On Dec 8, 2:01=A0pm, "Chris Keating (Sybase iAnywhere)" <keating_nos...@sybase.com> wrote: > PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Nat...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

PB 5.0 (16 bit) cursor fetch error using MS SQL Server 6.5 (Service Pack 5)
We have PB5.0.02 and are upgrading to PB5.0.04 for Y2K compliance. Both are 16 bit. We have been using MS SQL Server 6.50.201 (the original release). Everything has been fine. We have just put MS SQL Server 6.50.415 (Service Pack 5) on a test server for Y2K compliance and are getting cursor fetch errors using either version of PB5.0. The error is 10037 "unexpected EOF from SQL Server." In looking at the SQL error log we see an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION error message involving sp_cursorfetch. Does this rings any bells with anyone? Is there an upgraded dll (or dlls) ...

Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02
I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has the server name and database name set, the rest is all default. In PB I make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'. In the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage. When I press OK to connect, PB crashes. I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client software and PB installed on it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of things like setting ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PB 6.5 / MS SQL 6.5 / Stored Procedue dw creation problem
We are beginng to have trouble creating stored procedure datawindows that us an argument in an if statement. Powerbuilder is returning an error message: "Requested result set number 1 not found". The whole message from the trace file is: "PROCEDURE PREPARE: execute dbo.trf_sm_ltl_orders_to_route;1 @as_all = '0' (30 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : Requested result set number 1 not found" If you comment out the IF @as_all = "N" then it will create the dw fine. We can't figure out why this just started because we have been doing this...

Can I: Client 6.5.6 w/ Server 6.5.5
Real basic, can I run the SP 6 client software against the SP 5 server agents? Ryan Yep Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

MS SQL Server 6.5 & PB 5.0.x
Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table ? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB gives me an error msg ("Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use.") when trying to connect to a db. Scott...... The first person to connect to the database through PB must have dbo or a subset of dbo privileges or PB won't be able to create the catalog tables. Mickey pottsgf@swbell.net >Is it necessary to install the pb stored procedures in the master db table >? The help says that it is not necessary, but PB...

Identity Column
Using PB 5.0 and MS SQL 6.5 After an embeded Insert Statement, I use the following to get the value assigned by the Identity column : INT emp_id DECLARE get_value DYNAMIC CURSOR FOR SQLSA ; PREPARE SQLSA FROM "SELECT @@identity"; OPEN DYNAMIC get_value ; FETCH get_value INTO :emp_id ; CLOSE get_value; The emp_id returned seems to always be NULL. It is supposed to be the last (autoincrement) number assigned to the record inserted into the Employees table. Does anyone know why I am getting a NULL instead of a real value? The column is defined as an Identity in ...

PB 5.0.03(04) vs. MS SQL 6.5 sp5a
Dear friends, We recently upgraded our MSSQL 6.5 to have the service pack of 5a. Upon doing so our PowerBuilder 5.0.03(04) database tables lost their 'data types' when going into PB's database painter. Does anyone know why 5.0.03(04) cannot see the 'data types'? Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance for any help. Their is an EBF (EBF2) for 5.0.04 that fixes this problem. However, given that PB7 is out and PB5 is or will soon be an unsupported product, I would recommend upgrading to PB6 or PB7 if at all possible. On Tue, 18 May 1999...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Apple's CloudKit gets server API
Apple has made CloudKit much more appealing to developers by adding a server-side API to its framework. This will allow them to add much more ...

Setting up a mailinator-like test mail server with postfix and MailHog
The purpose of this exercise is to set up a mailinator-style mail server under our control. If you haven't used mailinator, it's a free service ...

TIME TO FLUSH HILLARY: Number of Classified Emails Found on Clinton's Bathroom Server Climbs to 1,700 ...
... faucet in Hillary's bathroom. It's also the repeated revelations that she compromised national security by maintaining a email private server ...

Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
The ARM server market is a dangerous place to be: it's still about promise and there's virtually no money to be made. Some ARM server chip makers ...

FBI confirms probe of Clinton’s server
The FBI confirmed on Monday that its investigation of Hillary Clinton’s private email server continues. MSNBC reports.

HP plans to continue with Itanium in servers for HP-UX customers
... news for users who count on running apps on the chip family for some time to come. HPE will offer Kittson in new Integrity and Superdome servers, ...

Watergate Reporter: ‘Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy’ Didn’t Put Hillary’s Server ‘In Her Damn Closet’
Watergate Reporter: ‘Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy’ Didn’t Put Hillary’s Server ‘In Her Damn Closet’

Street Fighter V servers struggle with demand
Capcom servers have been struggling to meet demand on the release of Street Fighter V . According to reports on Reddit , Steam , and Twitter, ...

AMD Reportedly Readying 32-core 'Zen' Server Chip
A presentation during a CERN IT conference indicated that AMD also is preparing an eight-channel DDR4 interface for the processor.