PB 6.5 -> 10.5 Migration (SQL SERVER 2000)

After migration my application is not able to connect to sql server 2000.

The code inside the PB 6.5 connection to sql server is

choose case sqlca.dbms

 case "mss - microsoft sql server 6.0"
  sqlca.logid   = trim(sle_username.text)
  sqlca.logpass = trim(sle_password.text)

CONNECT using SQLCA ;

** The sqlca.dbms is read from an ini file

[DataBase1]
Dbms=MSS - Microsoft SQL Server 6.0
LogId=
LogPassword=
PowerBuilder;LANGUAGE=us_english'
AutoCommit=FALSE

Any thoughts/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Shamim

0
PB_Team

read up on OLE-DB
MSS is no longer supported by MS; sybase kept it around as long as they could
but had to drop it since it doesn't work with unicode.

"PB_Team" <sqlman@sql.com> wrote in message news:4589b8d5$1@forums-1-dub...
> After migration my application is not able to connect to sql server 2000.
>
> The code inside the PB 6.5 connection to sql server is
>
> choose case sqlca.dbms
>
> case "mss - microsoft sql server 6.0"
>  sqlca.logid   = trim(sle_username.text)
>  sqlca.logpass = trim(sle_password.text)
>
> CONNECT using SQLCA ;
>

> ** The sqlca.dbms is read from an ini file
>
> [DataBase1]
> Dbms=MSS - Microsoft SQL Server 6.0
> LogId=
> LogPassword=
> PowerBuilder;LANGUAGE=us_english'
> AutoCommit=FALSE
>

> Any thoughts/suggestion will be highly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Shamim

Shamim;

    Do not forget to send Biil Gates a "Merry Christmas Thanks for Nothing"
card.  -:)

Chris

> > After migration my application is not able to connect to sql server
2000.

> > The code inside the PB 6.5 connection to sql server is
> >
> > choose case sqlca.dbms
> >
> > case "mss - microsoft sql server 6.0"
> >  sqlca.logid   = trim(sle_username.text)
> >  sqlca.logpass = trim(sle_password.text)
> >
> > CONNECT using SQLCA ;
> >

> > ** The sqlca.dbms is read from an ini file
> >
> > [DataBase1]
> > Dbms=MSS - Microsoft SQL Server 6.0
> > LogId=
> > LogPassword=
> > PowerBuilder;LANGUAGE=us_english'
> > AutoCommit=FALSE
> >

> > Any thoughts/suggestion will be highly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Shamim

0
Chris

Microsoft SQL Server 6.x (PB 6.5) VS ODBC (PB 10.5) ...
Hi everybody, After migrating my application from PB 6.5 which uses Microsoft SQL Server 6.x as a DB connection and having to set up ODBC for PB 10.5 I am getting the following error: "SQLSTATE = 22005, Invalid character value for cast specification" This happen for absolutely every single dw that is created based on an Store Procedure. What could be happening? How can I fix this? Thank you, Gabriela ...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 connection to SQL 6.5 problem when 2000 is installed
We have several PB 6.5 applications that connect (native) to Microsoft SQL Server 6.5. They have been running fine for me until I installed the MS SQL Server 2000 client tools on my computer. I still have the SQL 6.5 tools loaded. At some point I had also installed the SQL 7.0 client. I did not have any problems with my apps after that install, only after the 2000 installation. We uninstalled the SQL 2000 client and reinstalled the 6.5 client, but I am still having problems running the applications. I am getting an error message that states..."DDE Server Window: myapp.exe -...

Porting Code From PB 10.5 + Adaptive Server as Back End TO PB 10.5 + MS Sql Server as Back End.
Hi All I have been trying to get the Date part of the value of a datetime data field & can not work out the logic in MS SQL. My Original Query (as in Adaptive Server) Looks as Follows: dSelectedDate = Today() SELECT IsNull ( Sum ( ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") + ( ( "kotline"."quantityplate" + "kotline"."quantitypack" ) * "kotline"."saleprice") * ("saletax"."tax" / 100)), 0 ) INTO...

Migrating SQL Server anywhere 5.5.04 to SQL Server 2000
Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find any useful information about this ie known problems, processes etc. Thanks Chris wrote: > Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction to > find out useful information on migrating a Sybase SQL > Anywhere 5.5.04 database to SQL Server 2000. I cannot find > any useful information about this ie known problems, > processes etc. If you already have a solution on SA 5 (now ASA), why are yo...

Connecting to SQL Server 2000 through PB 6.5
Hi, I am using SQL server authenticaion (sa) to connect to the server. I am not able to connect the sql server through powerbuilder application from my machine (windows 2000 professional) if i am not having the administrator rights in my local machine. How will I be able to connect to the sql server without having the local machines administrator rights. Thanks. Dev ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp What database driver are you using ? ODBC ? MSS ? You should not need local admin just to connect to SQL Ser...

Connection to SQL Server 2000 with PB 6.5
Currently I am using PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 6.5. Would it work if it is connected to SQL Server 2000? Please advice me. Thank You. ...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

PB 6.5 AND MS SQL SERVER 6.5
Hi, I have recently converted an 16-bit PB5.0 application to PB6.5. This application goes against a MS SQL SERVER 6.5 database. I have noticed now that the new application won't release locks on tables when I do an insert or update. This application has never had explicit commits coded and I haven't seen soo many locks on tables before until the recent powerbuilder upgrade. Does anyone have some insight on this situation? Chris Edwards Saks Incorporated 331 W. Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee, WI 53203 chris_edwards@saksinc.com ...

to connect pb 6.5.1 to SQL SERVER 2000???
how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Your only options are the native and odbc interfaces. Aside from not supporting any new features, the native interface should work without any problems. "JORGE" <george_ariza@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zZ1ex8vlCHA.259@forums.sybase.com... > > how can i to connect pb 6.5.1 to sql server 2000???? > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/grou...

How connect PB 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000 with ODBC
Hi: I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with a ODBC connection, but they return this message: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range How i can do it? Thanks -- Francisco L�pez Keyhelp, S.L. Departamento de desarrollo PB 6.5 is too old as it's ODBC driver handshake is out-of-date compared to the one provided by Microsoft. "Keyhelp" <keyhelpNOSPAM@keyhelp(dot)net> wrote in message news:4369f838@forums-2-dub... > Hi: > > I need to connect PB 6.5 with MS SQL Server 2000 with...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a
We are currently running apps in PB 5.0.04 and PB 6.5 with a MS SQL Server database, ver 6.5 SP4. Our DBA wants to apply SP5a to the database. I see many issues regarding a required update for PB 5.0.04. Fine, we'll deal with that. Is there any documentation in existence that verifies that PB 6.5 is compliant with MS SQL Server 6.5 SP5a? Also, does anyone have test results using the new MS SQL Server ODBC driver ver 3.7? Thanks! If its of any help, I couldn't find any hits in the infobase on service pack 5 or ODBC driver 3.7. Either nobody is having problems wit...

How do you setup a database connection profile for Microsoft SQL Server 2000 in PB 10.5?
Sorry for my ignorance. tia, chance. ok just answered my own question http://chance.pbdjmagazine.com/how_to_connect_to_microsoft_sql_server_2000.htm "chance" <chance@crwmail.com> wrote in message news:44314cc9@forums-2-dub... > Sorry for my ignorance. > tia, > chance. > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C65723.A16C77B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Question though, what is the proper value for Provider MSDASQL seems t...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Web resources about - PB 6.5 -> 10.5 Migration (SQL SERVER 2000) - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Migration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

500-year-old Inca human sacrifice DNA illuminates migration wave
During the Inca civilization, which thrived in South America before the arrival of Europeans, ritual human sacrifices were known as &quot;capococha&quot;. ...

Migration and the fall of Sweden
Sweden prided itself on giving a warm welcome to outsiders &ndash; but a sense of injustice is swiftly growing.

Migrant crisis: Migration to Europe explained in graphics
... maps. More than 750,000 migrants are estimated to have arrived by sea so far this year, according to the International Organization for Migration ...

Microsoft Office 2016: Tips for a seamless migration
... between older and alternative systems amongst the workforce, reducing the negative externalities caused from large scale system migration. ...

GOP Lawmakers Call For Curbs, Freeze On Muslim Migration To U.S.
... support for reducing or suspending visa issuances from Muslim countries. Weber told the panel that in the last year alone the Senate Immigration ...

THE US EMV MIGRATION REPORT: What new chip cards mean for consumers, issuers, and merchants
... includes cards that store user information on a chip rather than a magnetic stripe — to make card-present payments more secure. The migration, ...

U.S.-Mexican migration study counters 2016 campaign narrative
Finding by Pew Research Center represents turning point in one of the largest mass migrations in U.S.

This mass migration to US is over
Over the past 10 years, migration from has slowed considerably, partly because of America's sluggish economy.

Migration to Windows 10 to be fastest yet, says Gartner
Windows 10 is poised to become the most widely installed version of Windows ever, following on the path of Windows XP and Windows 7 before it, ...