PB 5.0.02 connect FoxPro2.5 files using ODBC

Hello,

    I use PB Desktop ver 5.0.02 on Win95 to connect to (*.dbf) files in
FoxPro2.5 format with compaund (*.cdx) indexes. I configure ODBC drivers
which came with this PB version (two Intersolve ODBC ver. 2.12 32-bit and
one Microsoft FoxPro Driver from Win95) and made DB profiles for each ODBC.
I can establish connection to my FoxPro *.dbf files.

    But not everything seems to be correct. In database painter (using
Intersolve ODBC) for I can not see index key definition from *.cdx file
which was build using FoxPro function: Deleted() or I can see the name of a
key but there is no index key definition ( function: Int() ). When I try to
update FoxPro file (in DB painter) there is an error message

SQLSTATE = 37000
[INTERSOLV][ODBC dBase driver]Unknown Function: DELETED

No changes made to database.

INSERT INTO STORE ( PART_NO, GROUP ) VALUES ( 'dddd', 'wwww' )

Microsoft ODBC also does not see index build on Deleted(), but the rest of
indexes it sees in strange order, for example key index
str(store_no)+Upper(part_no+loc_code)it sees this way part_no, store_no,
loc_code.

    Does anybody now how to solve this problem?. Are there any other ODBC
drivers from other vendors which correctlly work with FoxPro databases
(assuming that I can upgrade my Desktop version of PB to at least
Professional one and use this drivers). Or is it a matter of ODBC
configuration?.

Thanks in advance,

Wojtek

0
Wojciech

You can try Visigenic if they have ODBC drivers for Foxpro.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
Wojciech Suszek wrote in message ...
>Hello,
>
>    I use PB Desktop ver 5.0.02 on Win95 to connect to (*.dbf) files in
>FoxPro2.5 format with compaund (*.cdx) indexes. I configure ODBC drivers
>which came with this PB version (two Intersolve ODBC ver. 2.12 32-bit and
>one Microsoft FoxPro Driver from Win95) and made DB profiles for each ODBC.
>I can establish connection to my FoxPro *.dbf files.
>
>    But not everything seems to be correct. In database painter (using
>Intersolve ODBC) for I can not see index key definition from *.cdx file
>which was build using FoxPro function: Deleted() or I can see the name of a
>key but there is no index key definition ( function: Int() ). When I try to
>update FoxPro file (in DB painter) there is an error message
>
>SQLSTATE = 37000
>[INTERSOLV][ODBC dBase driver]Unknown Function: DELETED
>
>No changes made to database.
>
>INSERT INTO STORE ( PART_NO, GROUP ) VALUES ( 'dddd', 'wwww' )
>
>Microsoft ODBC also does not see index build on Deleted(), but the rest of
>indexes it sees in strange order, for example key index
>str(store_no)+Upper(part_no+loc_code)it sees this way part_no, store_no,
>loc_code.
>
>    Does anybody now how to solve this problem?. Are there any other ODBC
>drivers from other vendors which correctlly work with FoxPro databases
>(assuming that I can upgrade my Desktop version of PB to at least
>Professional one and use this drivers). Or is it a matter of ODBC
>configuration?.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Wojtek

0
Terry

Connecting to MS SQL 6.5 through PB 5.0.02
I have set up a MS SQL ODBC connection in ODBC Administrator that has the server name and database name set, the rest is all default. In PB I make a new database profile called 'MS SQL' and set DBMS to 'ODBC'. In the 'Select Data Source' window that comes up I select the ODBC connection I just made on the 'Machine Data Source' tabpage. When I press OK to connect, PB crashes. I am running Win NT Server 4.0 and it has the MS SQL database, client software and PB installed on it. What am I doing wrong? I've tried all sorts of things like setting ...

Problem connecting to Anywhere 5.5 using a PowerBuilder 4.0 app
I am having problems connecting to a SQl Anywhere 5.5 database running is server mode on a Novell network. The application is in PowerBuilder 4.0. I am able to use Access 97 and Infomaker to connect, but not the PB 4.0 app. Thank you in advance! kedersha_brian@aac.com Do you have some error messages? What client are you using? Win 95/3.11/NT? I know of no reason that PB4 cannot connect to SA 5.5.x server. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX Is your PB4 app 16 or 32 bit? How are the ODBC Profiles defined? Are they 16 or 32 bit Profiles? Are they...

Oracle 8.0.5 and PB 5.0.04 connection
Hi All! My company wants to migrate to Oracle 8.0.5 but we will have PB 5.0.04 apps running on Win95 and NT clients. PB 5.0.04 contains only beta version of PBOR8050.dll which I would not like to use (we are talking thousands of users worlwide). Technote 47630 does not offer anything for Oracle 8.0.5. So, is there PB native driver (non beta) for PB 5.0.04 to talk to Oracle 8.0.5 ? Thank you No. But you can use the O73 driver, aslong as you don't need any specific Oracle8 functionality -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Gary Vashkulat wrote in me...

Connection Pb with SQLA 5.5.5
Hello, I'm facing a strange problem with SQL Anywhere 5.5.5 build 2817. I'm developping an application with PB7. I would like to connect to 2 databases : one local with rtdsk50.exe and one on a network with dbclient.exe. One at a time, it works very well. Local and after network it works If i connect to the network base, then to the local the rtdsk hangs. It starts the database but never returns to the application or to PB7 Thanks Pierre ...

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

Migrating from PB v5 to v5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03.
Hello, 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can anyone offer advice? Do they both need to call Technical Support? I've looked in our Technical Information Library and entering requests via Query Builder yields nothing. Thank you very much. Deborah (Information Products Group) Deborah Blakeney wrote: > > Hello, > > 2 customers have requested information on how to migrate > from PowerBuilder v5 to 5.0.02 and from 5.0.02 to 5.0.03. Can > anyone offer advice? Do the...

Security problem with 5.5.02/ODBC connection
I am using version 5.5.02 Build #1495. When I login into SQL Anywhere as a user that has only "SELECT" rights with ODBC I can use the following functions to update and insert rows: SQLSetPos(hstmt, 1, SQL_UPDATED, SQL_LOCK_NO_CHANGE); SQLSetPos(hstmt, 1, SQL_ADD, SQL_LOCK_NO_CHANGE); They shouldn't work when I only have SELECT rights!!!!! When I use SQLExecDirect("UPDATE DBA.mytable SET column1 = ? WHERE column2 = ? AND table_ID = ?"); the function fails as excepted. Has anyone else had this problem? is there a bug fix? Hi Wally, We have repr...

No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5
Name: Matze Email: infoatpc-scenedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5 Comments: Hello, I have problems with Firefox 2.0.0.5 and Thunderbird. As soon as this version is not installed comes I any longer into Internet. No connection is indicated with both. 2.0.0.4 runs without problems up to the update on 0.5 Does someone know somewhat about an error?? MfG Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

PB 6.5 to Oracle 8.0.5 Connection
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00CC_01C01986.A9D08120 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm getting an error NETCMN-Invalid Driver Designator (OR8-06401) when = connnecting a PB 6.5 application to a 8.0.5 Connection. The Oracle = Client has been installed and connects properly. Has anyone got this = message and how did you resolve it. --=20 Thank You Mark Goldstein WorkFlow Integrators, Inc. 512.328.1007 Ext. 12 mark@wfiinc.com www.wfiinc.com ------=_NextPar...

Connecting with 5.5.02
I have a client that is trying to connect using sybase sqlanywhere v 7.01. The client is sybase sqlanywhere 5.5.02. The workstation can see the server ok. The problem is that the server does not listen for the UDP packets. His startup line on the server is: dbsrv7 -x tcpip{Port=9000;MyIp=xxx} -n demo database.db on the client it is: dbclient -x tcpip{Port=9000;ClientPort=9000;Host=xxx}demo The server is not listening for the packets. He does have a firewall but the IP address is internal and it is not set to block UDP packets. Anyone have any ideas? Version 6 and 7 serv...

PB 5.0 and ODBC Connections Hanging
I experience this problem with PB 5.0 on a 16 bit machine wint Win 3.1 and also with PB 5.0.3 (the 16 bit version) on an NT 4.0 machine... My database sits up on a VAX in Rdb so we use DECODBC to connect to it. I can connect successfully in the Database painter to my database using PB 4.0 or another app which uses ODBC, for ex. Access. BUT when I use PB 5.0 (.03) and the Database painter, I see the microhelp message of "connecting to database" and then ... nothing... My vax manager and dba tell me they can see that my session is connecting to the VAX and database, bu...

DB2 CAE 5.0 shuts down pb 5.01 on connect
I recently downloaded the DB2 CAE for Win 95 (ver 5.0)... its 50+ meg BTW. After installing it, getting a remote connection from the db2 prompt, starting pb and creating an ODBC connection, I find that when I try to connect to the database, it shuts down pb. Quite distressing. +Dave Life can never be dull again When once we've thrown our windows open wide And seen the mighty world that lies outside, And whispered to ourselves this wonderous thing, "We're wanted for the business of the King!" Author: unknown ...

11.5 on NT & Powerbuilder 5.0 connection from Win95
I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTRAL but can't connect from PB 5.0.3. I would like to connect using the native drivers but ODBC would also be ok. Any ideas where I could look for an answer???? Thanks, Allan On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:54:25 -0600, Allan Lindsay <summit@mc.net> wrote: >I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes >and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). >From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTR...

Web resources about - PB 5.0.02 connect FoxPro2.5 files using ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

First Capital Connect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
( FCC ) is a British train operating company , owned by FirstGroup , operating the Thameslink Great Northern franchise . FCC operates passenger ...

Connect
mobile photography technology, culture and community www.dpreview.com News Reviews Features Phones Tablets Cameras Apps Forums Mobile photography ...

CloudCraze Connects Consumers To Facebook Brands Via Cloud Technology
Brands on Facebook are always looking for new, efficient ways to connect with customers . CloudCraze, which recently released its 3.0 e-commerce ...

IFTTT gains support for Honeywell Total Connect Comfort with new channel
... creative ideas to make this even better and one of those is home automation. With that in mind, IFTTT is unveiling its Honeywell Total Connect ...

Hillary Clinton connects with Latina voters - Business Insider Deutschland
Clinton is building a targeted campaign infrastructure aimed at Latinas.

Crave giveaway: 128GB SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
Win a $99.99 compact storage device for the mobile era that has its own Wi-Fi network built right in. Can't beat that for a Black Friday deal. ...

Google Search Connects Trump To Hitler
Searching for Trump's book suggests Mein Kampf as related search

Salesforce Connect Improves Data Integration for Enterprise Apps
Salesforce has renamed and updated its Lightning Connect services to help users access and manage data in external enterprise apps.

Entrepreneur Sets Goal To Connect Everyone To Needed Healthcare; She's Off To A Good Start
Grace Garey is a young social entrepreneur whose goal is to connect every person on the planet to needed healthcare. She's off to a good start. ...

2-1-1 activated to connect families in area of Colorado Springs shooting incident
City of Colorado Springs officials encourage anyone sheltering in place during the active shooter incident near Centennial Boulevard and Fillmore ...