PB 11.5 Desktop and SQLServer 2008 Express

Hello,
i have a little project and i want to programm with pb
desktop.
The last version of a desktop product is PB 11.5. Now the
customer like a MS SQL-Server 2008 Express database. in the
white papers of pb 11.5 i see only desktop databases with
odbc. have i access to the MS SQLServer 2008 Express with PB
11.5 desktop?
thanks for any information
0
entwicklung

SQL Server is not considered a desktop database. You will need
professional or higher for this connectivity.

-chris

entwicklung@s-neubauer.de wrote:
> Hello,
> i have a little project and i want to programm with pb
> desktop.
> The last version of a desktop product is PB 11.5. Now the
> customer like a MS SQL-Server 2008 Express database. in the
> white papers of pb 11.5 i see only desktop databases with
> odbc. have i access to the MS SQLServer 2008 Express with PB
> 11.5 desktop?
> thanks for any information
0
Chris
6/23/2010 12:40:35 PM
What a pity. thanks

> SQL Server is not considered a desktop database. You will
> need  professional or higher for this connectivity.
>

> -chris
>
> entwicklung@s-neubauer.de wrote:
> > Hello,
> > i have a little project and i want to programm with pb
> > desktop.
> > The last version of a desktop product is PB 11.5. Now
> > the customer like a MS SQL-Server 2008 Express database.
> > in the white papers of pb 11.5 i see only desktop
> > databases with odbc. have i access to the MS SQLServer
> > 2008 Express with PB 11.5 desktop?
> > thanks for any information
0
Stefan
6/23/2010 2:53:32 PM
Hi Stefan;

   AND .... they dropped all these lower PB versions in release 12.0 now
anyway - so will have to buy the Enterpri$e ver$ion when you upgrade from PB
11.x in the future!

(kind of reminds me of a government tax cash grab)

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"Stefan" wrote in message news:4c221fec.7a87.1681692777@sybase.com...
> What a pity. thanks
>
>> SQL Server is not considered a desktop database. You will
>> need  professional or higher for this connectivity.
>>

>> -chris
>>
>> entwicklung@s-neubauer.de wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> > i have a little project and i want to programm with pb
>> > desktop.
>> > The last version of a desktop product is PB 11.5. Now
>> > the customer like a MS SQL-Server 2008 Express database.
>> > in the white papers of pb 11.5 i see only desktop
>> > databases with odbc. have i access to the MS SQLServer
>> > 2008 Express with PB 11.5 desktop?
>> > thanks for any information

0
Chris
6/24/2010 1:17:01 AM
Hi Chris,

... all these lower PB ?
i think only Desktop is dropped, Professional alwas would be
dropped?

best regards

> Hi Stefan;
>
>    AND .... they dropped all these lower PB versions in
> release 12.0 now  anyway - so will have to buy the
> Enterpri$e ver$ion when you upgrade from PB  11.x in the
> future!
>
> (kind of reminds me of a government tax cash grab)
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> "Stefan" wrote in message
> > news:4c221fec.7a87.1681692777@sybase.com... What a pity.
> thanks >
> >> SQL Server is not considered a desktop database. You
> will >> need  professional or higher for this
> connectivity. >>
> >>

> >> -chris

> pb >> > desktop.
> database. >> > in the white papers of pb 11.5 i see only
> desktop >> > databases with odbc. have i access to the MS
> SQLServer >> > 2008 Express with PB 11.5 desktop?

0
Stefan
6/24/2010 6:29:34 AM
Yes, all lower version were dropped. Only enterprise remains at the 12.x
release.

Desktop was great for consultants and students getting into PB. Professional
was great for ODBC based DBMS access. Now that ODBC has such great
connectivity options, the Professional version was a good buy IMHO and
satisfied a niche developer market.

Oh well ... c'est la vie!
:-(

"Stefan" wrote in message news:4c22fb4e.15ce.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi Chris,
>
> .. all these lower PB ?
> i think only Desktop is dropped, Professional alwas would be
> dropped?
>
> best regards
>
>> Hi Stefan;
>>
>>    AND .... they dropped all these lower PB versions in
>> release 12.0 now  anyway - so will have to buy the
>> Enterpri$e ver$ion when you upgrade from PB  11.x in the
>> future!
>>
>> (kind of reminds me of a government tax cash grab)
>>
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>

>> "Stefan" wrote in message
>> > news:4c221fec.7a87.1681692777@sybase.com... What a pity.
>> thanks >
>> will >> need  professional or higher for this
>> connectivity. >>

>> pb >> > desktop.
>> database. >> > in the white papers of pb 11.5 i see only
>> desktop >> > databases with odbc. have i access to the MS
>> SQLServer >> > 2008 Express with PB 11.5 desktop?

0
Chris

PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 and EAserver 5.5
What are the steps to migrate from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5? I migrated the source code. What do I need to do on the serverside - I assume regenerating the proxies. Anything else? Where is the correct place for the PBVMs? 10.5's are located in the shared folder. TIA, Kevin Deploy to the server and regenerate the proxies. You can do a pbvm-only install of 11.5. Alternatively, copying the pbvm's into the shared folder shoulod work, though. -- Regards, Millard[TeamSybase] "Kevin Berez" <kaberezNOSPAM@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:...

Connecting PB 11.5 to SQL Server 2008R2 Express
I would appreciate some guidance as to the best method for connecting a PB11.5 app to SQL Server 2008R2 Express. The app works OK with SQL Sever 2008R2 Standard. Using SQLNCLI10 I get message "SQLSTATE 08001 - SQL Server Network Interfaces: Server doesn't support requested interface." Not much luck with ODBC either. I ran into this with SQL Server 2005 Express. By default, the express edition doesn't have remote access turned on. It's available, just turned off by default. Here's instructions on how to turn it on in v2005E. (Hopefully, the instructions ...

Problem connecting to Sql 2008 with PB 11.5 (SNC driver)
I am using PB 11.5 build 3050 When I try to connect to a Sql 2008 DB with SNC Client I get this error Sql Native Client is not installed // Profile r1btest_sql2008 SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)" SQLCA.LogPass = <*******> SQLCA.ServerName = "r1bnbmetstest" SQLCA.LogId = "pa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "Provider='SQLNCLI10',Database='rms_file'" Is there a driver or something that I need to load in order to get this to work. TIA Daniel Richard Hi Daniel; You need to insta...

connect from powerbuilder 6.5 to sqlserver 11.0.3.3
hi, i�m beginner, how i connect a client powerbuilder 6.5(win 95) to sql server 11.0.3.3, linux 2.0.36 i586. thanks, advance pacifico chavez pacifico@netcomsa.com ...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Remote debugging won't connect: EAS 5.5., PB 11.5
For some reason I can no longer do remote debugging on my local server (EAServer 5.5) from PB 11; I get the "could not connect to powerbuilder remote debugging component" message which is rather lacking in explanation. I've reinstalled EAS 5.5 twice now to no effect. What else could be causing this? Sounds like a problem with the PBVM or in the repository definition for PB debugging. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - Communications Director http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com "C. Wingate" wrote in message news:4b54dc22.18a9.1681692777@sybase.com... ...

Upgrade from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: We have a software written in PB 5. We are planning to upgrade it from PB 5 to PB 11.5. We've used PFC in this application and database is Sybase 9. Is there any known issues ??? Any Suggestions?? Please help.. Thanks in advance Robin Start at http://www.techno-kitten.com/ and look at the changes to PB over the versions, and the migration guide. The migration wizard should work directly from 5 to 11.5. Some things that come to mind: PB is Unicode starting with 10. This will affect external function definitions. PFC has been open-sourced. You will need to get...

Pb 11.2 and PB 11.5
Hi, I have a stand alone license and currnetly have PB 11.1 installed. My license info from sybase says it should support PB 11.0, 11.1 AND 11.5. License Type: Standalone Seat (SS) Alternative Use Enabled What is Alternative Use Licensing? Applicable to Product(s): Version Description 11.5 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.5 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.1 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.1 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) 11.0 PowerBuilder Enterprise 11.0 for Windows x86 - 32bit (View EULA) I downloaded pb 11.5 and tried to install it and got...

11.5 on NT & Powerbuilder 5.0 connection from Win95
I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTRAL but can't connect from PB 5.0.3. I would like to connect using the native drivers but ODBC would also be ok. Any ideas where I could look for an answer???? Thanks, Allan On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:54:25 -0600, Allan Lindsay <summit@mc.net> wrote: >I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes >and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). >From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTR...

PB 11.2 & PB 11.5
Can i have both PB11.2 & PB 11.5 co-exists w/o interfering & causing problem on my m/c? I will be running ONLY either PB 11.2 or PB 11.5 @ any time. Just want to make sure that when I run PB 11.2, the right DLLs are used (& dont get mixed up wth using PB 11.5 DLLs) Thnx Suresh It should not be a problem, since the DLLs have different names - you will see 110 and 115 (I think - my 11s are not on this computer) in the names. What gets tricky is having two maintenance releases of the same major release (11.5 is a major release). I have heard of people doing that by ins...

Connection Pb with SQLA 5.5.5
Hello, I'm facing a strange problem with SQL Anywhere 5.5.5 build 2817. I'm developping an application with PB7. I would like to connect to 2 databases : one local with rtdsk50.exe and one on a network with dbclient.exe. One at a time, it works very well. Local and after network it works If i connect to the network base, then to the local the rtdsk hangs. It starts the database but never returns to the application or to PB7 Thanks Pierre ...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Migration problem from PB 6.5 to PB 11.5
Dear all, When I try to use the migrate assistant for the mirgration job on pb 6.5 to pb 11.5. Error occure during the migration (using migrate assisant). Powebuilder cause a problem and quit out. Inforamtion that I get from it is signature problem with below information :- AppName: pb115.exe AppVer: 11.5.0.2506 ModName: pbdwe115.dll ModVer: 11.5.0.3127 Offset: 0022a3e6 Any ideas on that ? Thanks -- Free News Reader http://put.hk http://put.hk/reader/forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general.html Before you migrate, I would ... 1) Optimize all you...

Error in PFC while migrating from PB 5 to PB 11.5
Hello: I've recently migrated our software from PB 5 to PB 11.5. While migrating it shows an error in of_prepprint of object pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_report -- "Duplicate variable: ls_objects" Please help me to resolve this issue.. Thanks Robin AFAIK you only need the declaration of ls_objects as an array. String ls_Objects[] Delete the other non-array declaration and/or compare the function with the one at codeplex. http://pfc.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/view/55448#301172 hth Arnd On 21 Sep 2010 12:42:31 -0700, Robin wrote: >Hell...

Web resources about - PB 11.5 Desktop and SQLServer 2008 Express - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

rails-sqlserver (Rails SQL Server) · GitHub
rails-sqlserver has 4 repositories written in Ruby, JavaScript, and C. Follow their code on GitHub.

Tallan - LinkedIn
Welcome to the company profile of Tallan on LinkedIn. Founded in 1985, Tallan is a national IT consulting company that provides custom application... ...

Kazuhiko Kikuchi (@kazuk) on Twitter

The Fantastic 12 of SQL Server 2012: Behind the Scenes - YouTube
... http://bit.ly/12of12pdf For more information on SQL Server 2012 and to download the trial version, please visit: http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver ...

CamelCase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
is the practice of writing compound words or phrases in which the elements are joined without spaces , with each element's initial letter capitalized ...

SQLUG.be
... that brings together the Belgian MS SQL Server community. Our goal is to share experiences, enthusiasm and knowledge about Microsoft SQLServer. ...

wangming7的日志 - 网易博客
wangming7的日志,小偷公司敬上,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,这个飞机可不是那个飞机噢!,潘基文与“鸟叔”朴载相 共跳“骑马舞”(图),看守泰坦尼克2B男青年大喊让妇女孩子先走,青年男女抿着嘴爆笑囧事,给鱼缸灌开水的后果,女流氓语录精选版,校园爆笑糗事大全,学普通话很重要噢!- ...

Expanding the Cloud for Windows Developers
The software that powers today’s world of Internet services has become incredibly diverse. Today’s announcement of Amazon RDS for Microsoft SQL ...

IT Developer/Engineer
... jobs at Monster. 15 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ ...

Cisco Technical Forums
Find ANY word Find ALL words Find EXACT phrase Help Aironet Power Supplies VoIP Gateways Cisco Repair Refurbished Cisco Cisco CPQRGs New ...