Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net

Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444
Oracle Net 8.0.4.0

I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in
parameters.  I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT.
Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0.  Is this a bug?  Is
there any new patch for this if it is a bug.  Any recommendation about What
version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version
8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)?

Thanks in advance,

Sharon Li
0
SLL

If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver:
ftp://psaftp.sybase.com/pub/private/pbpatch/pb65_weekly/o84new/pbo8460.zip

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
SLL wrote in message <01be6670$d3cab4c0$7ac878cf@sharon2>...
>Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444
>Oracle Net 8.0.4.0
>
>I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in
>parameters.  I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT.
>Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0.  Is this a bug?  Is
>there any new patch for this if it is a bug.  Any recommendation about What
>version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version
>8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)?
>

>Thanks in advance,
>
>Sharon Li

0
Terry

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

Oracle 8.0/Oracle 7.1.4 & PB 5.0 connection problem
I am using native database interfaces 7.2 to connect with the Oracle database 7.1.4 (UNIX) from PB 5.0(windows 95), it works well. But after I installled Personal Oracle8 on my desktop, everytime it goes to the local oracle 8 database(oracle8 database autobatically starts ) with the same profile, not the remote 7.1.4. I tried to use Oracle Home Selector to switch the oracle home to 7.1.4, nothing happened, Oracle home stayed at Oracle 8. Is there any way that can let me specify the database? Thanks What are you using as your servername string? Is your tnsnames.ora file still corr...

Problems with Powerbuilde 8.0.2 and Oracle 8.0.5 Client
Hello all. I have been problems to set up my Power Builder (8.0.2 Build 9506)=20 application to run against Oracle, Client 8.0.5. The fields that was=20 created like DATE in INFORMIX database, doesn=B4t run correctly over Oracle= ,=20 that use only DATETIME data type (native). In datawindow the field is DATE data type, and on Oracle table, this field = is DATETIME. When PB select this field I receive a wrong date. For example,= =20 I save this date (using the same datawindow), "2002-12-05", then when I=20 Retrieve the data, the data looks like this "48/51/1398&qu...

DBD::Oracle (perl 5.8.0, Oracle 8.0.3, DBD-Oracle 1.12, Solaris 8) make problems (fprintf)
The only fprintf warning I googled was at http://archive.develooper.com/dbi-announce@perl.org/msg00081.html Any suggestions appreciated. I'm assuming since the perl Makefile.PL ran clean, I'm using kosher Oracle libraries (binaries worked with Perl 5.6.0). Thanks, Dave S. Appended output of (in order): make output perl Makefile.PL perl -V gcc -v >make gcc -c -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms/demo -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/rdbms /public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/plsql/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0.3/net work/public -I/app/oracle/product/8.0....

connecting to oracle 8.1.6 using PB 7.0.2 and native driver 8.0.4
I am having a problem with connecting our deployed application in PB 7.0.2 and connecting it to an Oracle 8.1.6 using the native 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver. We get the message that "The DBMS O84 is not supported in the current installation.999" We recently upgraded from Oracle 7.3.2 to Oracle 8.1.6 The development team is working great. I can connect to the database in PB and with the compiled exe. However, we just gave the first test exe to the testers and they cannot connect to Oracle 8.1.6 Here is the run-down of what I looked for: The testers did have the Oracle client in...

UPDATEBLOB in Powerbuilder 7.0.3/ Oracle 8.0.4
I have problems with perfoming ROLLBACK after call to UPDATEBLOB from PowerBuilder 7.0.3 with Orcale 8.0.4. The blob- object in the database is of type BLOB. Autocommit is turned off for the SQLCA-object. When UPDATEBLOB is executed, the ROLLBACK will have no effect, even if ROLLBACK is called at once after call to UPDATEBLOB: UPDATEBLOB blob_table SET blob_field = :iblob_new_blob WHERE blob_nr = :ll_blob_nr USING SQLCA; ROLLBACK USING SQLCA; In other discussions here on Sybase Support, I have read that UPDATEBLOB does not perform COMMIT. If this is true, why does not ROL...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Problem with using Oracle stored procedure to create DW in PB 5.0.0.2
Hi, Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ). This was what the error message said: "Cannot create Datawindow 'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61: PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the following: . () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'" Is anyone can help me? TIA Enoch kuan...

PowerBuilder 8.0.4 Build 10501 Connection with Oracle 10g.
We are using Oracle 084 Interface to connect Oracle 10g with PowerBuilder 8. 1) Is there any drawback by using the older Interface or older version or PowerBuilder? or Does it affect the performance of the application? 2) Do we get any benifit in performance, if we upgrade PowerBuilder to version 11? Thank you in Advance. Newer versions of PB also support newer features of Oracle. The PB native Oracle drivers are pretty optimized. I don't think you'll get a performance benefit. And obviously you can get better support by using a supported PB version (10.5 or la...

Powerbuilder 8 / Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 error
When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle 8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle 8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on Oracle 8i. Number 3120 Select error: ORA-03120: two-task conversion routine: integer overflow What version of Oracle is the server? Perhaps it's an Oracle bug. On 10 Sep 2003 06:42:55 -0700, Marsha Jacobs wrote: >When I run my PB 8 build 9506 application using Oracle >8.1.7.0.0 client, I get the following error. If I use Oracle >8.0.5 client, it works. Please advise as I need to be on >Oracl...

connecting PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 using native drivers
Hi I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 using native drivers . I can connect to oracle using sql*plus and when i use the same connect string I get an ora 09352 error "Windows 32 bit two task driver unable to spawn new oracle task". I am using sql net 2.3. I can connect to oracle using ODBC. I would appreciate help on this matter. Thanks -Jeya 16-bit PB4 cannot use 32-bit sqlnet. PB/sqlnet must both be 16 or 32 bit. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Jeya wrote in message ... >Hi >I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 t...

[...]

Problem: Different Data type in Oracle 8.0.4 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I've enountered a problem, i.e. in the PowerBuilder script, I need to select one table in Oracle 8, but the field type in Oracle is Number, I can't get the data because the script doesn't support the type Number. For Example create table UserRole ( UserName varchar2(12), PassWord varchar2(12), RoleNum Number(1)); in the script: strUser = sle_1.text; strPass = sle_2.text; integer nRole select RoleNum into :nRole from UserRole where UserName = :strUser and PassWord = :strPass But it doesn't work, would you be kind enough to offer me a solution or...

Web resources about - Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles