Oracle 8i client connected to Oracle 9 database.

I have connected my Powerbuilder 9 application to a Oracle
9i database using Oracle 8i client. My Oracle home is set to
8. My Powerbuilder DB connection is using Oracle 8. Things
seem to work. Why?
0
Kurt

In general, there will be compatibilty between client and server
versions here; however, you'd have to check Oracle for their specific
supported configurations.  If you try to access anything new in Oracle
9 (like new datatypes, etc.), I expect you'll see problems that may be
handled gracefully or not so gracefully.

On 3 Dec 2004 13:03:31 -0800, Kurt Pager wrote:

>I have connected my Powerbuilder 9 application to a Oracle
>9i database using Oracle 8i client. My Oracle home is set to
>8. My Powerbuilder DB connection is using Oracle 8. Things
>seem to work. Why?

0
Jim

Problems connecting to Oracle 9i database with Oracle 10g Client and Win XP x64
Hardware/Software:Dell Precision 490 with Intel Xeon 64 bit processor running MS Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version 2003 Service Pack 1.Visual Studio .NET 2005 Oracle 10g ClientI am trying to run my ASP.NET application from the above mentioned computer that connects to an Oracle 9i database on another machine on the network, but get the following error when using the OLEDB provider for Oracle:Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation.Provid...

Oracle 9 Client connection quirk, trans object database parameter
Running PB 10.5.1, from my DESKTOP I can connect to the Oracle DB in PB via the configuration setup specifying the usual Server (tnsnames.ora entry), Login ID, and password parameters. I am also able to connect at run time on my DESKTOP, setting up a transaction object specifying the same parameters. I'm running into connection issues on my laptop though. Same Oracle 9 client as my desktop, same tnsnames.ora entry (have verified that I am using the appropriate tnsnames.ora file). In a way I have solved the runtime connection issue. I populate the transaction object's DATABA...

Problem connecting to oracle database in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version
I am not able to connect to oracle database using odbc in powerbuilder 9.0 desktop version.I am getting error message which says 'Inavlid or unsupported datasource' Ershad, Have you verified that you have the required Oracle ODBC drivers? The latest set of drivers is available at: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odbc/index.html\ Could you also please post the attributes of the transaction object (except the password) that you use to try and connect to the oracle db? Sanjiv. <Ershad Ali Mohammad> wrote in message news:41aea458.51d5...

Can't connect to Oracle database using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, Our test environment is Windows 2003 enterprise with IIS and Oracle 10g client installed. I wrote a simple asp.net program to connect to a Oracle database and display the select result in a datagrid. But can't connect to Oracle. It seems .NET can't find the oracle client. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey...

Checking the status oracle connection PB9.0 Oracle 9i(9.2.0.50) Lost connection problem (LAN and WAN)
Cheers to all. We want to know if there is a way to get the status of the connection with oracle databse (online way), we use native driver for Oracle9i. Some times we get some lan and wan problems that produce small lost connection in seconds, but we dont any action that describe the success problem. we need to put some code in the application that help us to know the exactly moment when these happen to take some decision something loke a monitor tool. we appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance Eduardo Primera from: Venezuela ...

Connecting to Oracle via Oracle Instant Client
Hi, I just downloaded the Oracle instant client v 10.2. I would like to somehow use this with one of our applications that connects to Oracle. Some of our users have the Oracle client installed, most do not. I would like to be able to use this in such a way that it is distributed with the application. Our users run our applications from a shared network drive. This is where I would like to copy the OIC dlls to. If someone could give me an example of how I could use this (along with sample code of setting up and connecting using SQLCA) I would definitely appreciate it! N...

Oracle connectivity through ODBC vs Oracle client
Hai all I m facing problem , regarding retreiving data from a datawindow having date columns in 4 digit format. By using Oracle client connection report retrived without errors but by using ODBC it gives " NO rows found". Version Details are : PB Ver 7.0.3 Build 10135 Oracle 8i Can anyone tell the solution. Regards Shweta ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Does your data order match the date order for the database. i.e.,the client may use mm/dd/yyyy on the client side and the database may use IS...

Powerbuilder connection to oracle 8i
i have a problem connecting to pb 7.0.3 build 10108 to onnect on oracle Release 8.1.6.0.0 i get the error ora-00942 ( table or view not found) while the user which i connect with has all privileges to create tables PB is looking for the PBCAT tables. This error is a known bug when connecting to a new database that doesn't have the catalog tables installed yet. The workaround: don't use the catalog tables by setting the following parameter in the pb.ini file: [Database] NoCatalog=1 This issue is fixed in EBF 10146. Contact Tech Support to get that build. -- ...

How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database?
 How to create a single Oracle Database connection method or function  to be used on or by all classes and pages that want to connect to the database? How can I create one method or function in csharp to be used on all pages or classes when conenction to the database? Please give an example.I have database connections which I am using on each and very page or classes, but I can I put in one page then I just start  calling it?Database connection I am using:   OracleConnection dbconnection;    this.dbconnection = new System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnec...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Unable to connect the oracle database using connection cache
Hi I created a connection cache for oracle database with the following parameters in jag manager In Database connection properties tab: ------------------------------------------- Server Name = jdbc:odbc:xyz ( where xyz is the dsn name created in windows ODBC setup) User Name = bgb password = bgb In Driver properties tab: --------------------------- DLL or class name = sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver JDBC option is checked In Cache properties tab: --------------------------- Enable cache-by-name access is checked I am able to ping the connection cache successfully in con...

asp.net application on client 9.2 connect to server oracle 9.2
we used to have asp.net application working on client with oracle 7.3 we upgraded our oracle server from 7.3 to 9.2 and the client application was working, however when we upgraded our client from 7.3 to 9.3 it is failing with error:" oracle client and networking components, were not found.." OleDB exception (0x80004005) any help? Check if your environment variables are set correctly during the instalation. go to your command promt and type "SET". It returns all the enviro variables. check if your ORACLE_HOME and TNS_ADMIN are mapped to the correct pa...

PB 6.5.1 using Oracle 8i Client to connect to 8i DB
I have installed the PB 6.5.1 maintenance patch and the Oracle 8i Client software and I am unable to create a database profile. The only database profile type I see is for OR8 Oracle 8.0 (The workstation previously had Oracle 8.0.5 client which was uninstalled and replace with 8.1.6). When I try to create a profile using the OR8 Oracle 8.0 profile type I get the error "Unable to load the requested Powersoft database interface. Please make sure both the interface and the client are properly installed." Is there a way to load teh pbo8460.dll and create a profile type for thi...

Powerbuilder 4 Connectivity to Oracle 8i
Is it possible to connect a PowerBuilder 4.0 client to Oracle8i Release 2 (8.1.6)? Currently we have a client/server application with a client built with PowerBuilder 4, running on Windows 95/NT 4.0 platforms, accessing an Oracle 7.3.2 database running under HP/UX 10, via SQL*Net 2.0.15. We are in the process of upgrading to Oracle 8.1.6 on new hardware running HP/UX 11. Plans are being made to provide a web-based interface for the application, but in the meantime I am trying to determine whether it is possible to use the PowerBuilder 4.0 front end with the 8.1.6 database. Judgin...

Web resources about - Oracle 8i client connected to Oracle 9 database. - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Connected sum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , specifically in topology , the operation of connected sum is a geometric modification on manifolds . Its effect is to join two ...

‘The Washington Post’ Cranks Up Facebook-Connected Political News App The Issue Engine
The Washington Post enhanced its coverage of the 2012 presidential election with its release of news application The Issue Engine , which allows ...

The Value of a Facebook-connected Mobile User
... back more often, and are more likely to become paying customers. Many top game developers, for example, have also found that Facebook-connected ...

Facebook mobile game users play longer, spend more than users not connected with the social network
Mobile game players logged in via Facebook generate more revenue for developers, Facebook Games Strategic Partner Manager Sara Brooks said today ...

CMS-Connected (@cmsconnected) on Twitter
Webinar on Saving your Intranet from the Boneyard (and more) with @sethearley @RHarbridge @JiveSoftware Here => ow.

Better connected: Twitter for BlackBerry
A new version of Twitter for BlackBerry introduces new features that make it easier to connect to the people and things you care about. Twitter ...

Global Trade Network-Exporters,Importers,Manufacturers,Wholesalers,Suppliers,Buyers Connected
Find, Connect & Engage with new Buyers, Suppliers, Manufacturers, Wholesalers, Exporters and Importers all-over the world.

Republicans Connected for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Republicans Connected on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Hello Barbie: 'major security flaws' found in internet-connected doll
Toys that talk back are some of the hottest holiday gifts this year. And they may soon be hot items for hackers.

TAG Heuer Connected demand forces production increase, new models coming in 2016/17
TAG Heuer has had to almost double its production to meet demand for its first Android Wear luxury smartwatch. The TAG Heuer Connected is based ...