Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list

I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as
PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version).  I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers
when I installed the database.  But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as
an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen.

I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path.  I have
also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC
Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed.

NOTE:  My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D).  C:\ has my
system files and NT and D:\ has all my program files including the database
and Powerbuilder.  I'm not sure if this has any affect on the issue.

Any ideas why I can't see the driver in PowerBuilder?

0
Sharon

Sharon Wienke wrote:

> I have the Oracle 7.3.4 database installed on my NT laptop (as well as
> PowerBuilder 6.0 - Desktop version).  I installed the Oracle ODBC drivers
> when I installed the database.  But, I cannot see the Oracle ODBC driver as
> an installed driver in the ODBC configuration screen.
>
> I have verified that the ORANT\bin directory is in my system path.  I have
> also seen in the registry (Local Machine\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC
> Drivers) that the Oracle 73 Ver 2.5 driver is installed.
>
> NOTE:  My hard drive is partitioned into 2 partitions (C & D).  C:\ has my
> system files and NT and D:\ has all my program files including the database
> and Powerbuilder.  I'm not sure if this has any affect on the issue.
>
> Any ideas why I can't see the driver in PowerBuilder?

PowerBuilder Desktop only allows access to ODBC drivers shipped with the
product, since Oracle is not one of those, you will not be able to connect with
Desktop.  At a minimum you need the PB Professional version.
--
Jim O'Neil
Senior Technical Support Engineer

0
Jim

I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?
Hi : I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it? I am inexperienced in the subject. find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805. Drivers native of oracle 9 exists? or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc? thank you from chile You can use the O84 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver to connect to Oracle 9. -- S.V. Software http://www.svsoftware.da.ru Home of SQL Builder Professional for PowerBuilder Download the Demo Version Now!!! Source code available ...

Urgent Help Reqd
Can anyone offer some fast assistance on the following quesion :- Can Powerbuilder use earlier Intersolv Oracle ODBC drivers than 3.01? I need to get it working with Intersolv Oracle ODBC 2.12 if it is in any way possible. (Also - is 'Powerbuilder' the same as 'Powersoft Metaworks 6.1.01' ?) Thanks for help in advance Ian Aitchison Yes, as long as the Intersolv driver is not a 'restricted' driver. Many application, including Powerdesigner, ship a limited driver that works only with that application. It's Intersolv's way of telling you to buy ...

PostGreSql ODBC driver and Powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi everybody, I have the following problem with PostGreSql version 7.2.1 (on a Linux Redhat 7.2) and Powerbuilder 7.0.3 (build 10108) when I use the ODBC driver (7.02.00.01) for adding new row on a table which have (in the update properties) an identity column. The insert's command seems ok, but in the log file I have some strange caracters : pb70 1d1-17c ENTER SQLExecDirect HSTMT 0BB32E88 UCHAR * 0x04E80EA0 [ -3] "INSERT INTO datetest2 ( dat_descr ) VALUES ( 'toto' )\ 0" SDWORD -3 pb70 ...

PostGreSql ODBC driver and Powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi everybody, I have the following problem with PostGreSql version 7.2.1 (on a Linux Redhat 7.2) and Powerbuilder 7.0.3 (build 10108) when I use the ODBC driver (7.02.00.01) for adding new row on a table which have (in the update properties) an identity column. The insert's command seems ok, but in the log file I have some strange caracters : pb70 1d1-17c ENTER SQLExecDirect HSTMT 0BB32E88 UCHAR * 0x04E80EA0 [ -3] "INSERT INTO datetest2 ( dat_descr ) VALUES ( 'toto' )\ 0" SDWORD -3 pb70 ...

Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hello, I am getting the following error while connecting to SQL Server 2005 from my ASP application. Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Appreciate your quick help.  Thanks, Satya. Hi Satya, This exception may be caused by a few reasons, please refer to the KB article below to trouble and fix it. PRB: ASP Error 80004005 "Data Source Name Not Found"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306345Jian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies ...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.54]
Hello, My application is running online. At times it throws following error, and in the second attempt it starts working just fine. It happens only once in a while. The query error pointing to as erroneous is simple select and where statement, and I am sure nothing is wrong with that, as the query runs fine normally. Waitinf for replies!!! Server Error in '/phaseI' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-3.23.54]You have an error in your SQL syntax near ''shakil'' at line 1 ...

ODBC Oracle Driver
Hello! I'm still fighting with this problem of numeric values in DataWindows which cannot be stored in an Oracle DB! I'm using Power Builder 7.0.3 Enterprise (Build 10108) and connect via Oracle ODBC Driver 8.01.07.00 with Oracle Server 8i (8.1.7) on W2000. I defined Columns in the Oracle Database as NUMBER(14,2). As long as I handle this column with PowerScript I have no problem to insert or update these columns. As soon as I try to update these columns with a datawindow I get the error message: 'SQLSTATE = 22005 [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01722: invalid number No chan...

ODBC connection with Oracle 7.3
Hi, I'm trying to connect to Personal Oracle 7.3 using ODBC and Power Builder 5.0 Desktop. Inside Power Builder I'm unable to see the DSNs that I have already defined with the ODBC administrator in the Control Panel. Even if I want to define a new one from inside Power Builder I not able to see Oracle 7.3, but if I use Access 97 I can access the data without any problem. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Martin. -- '~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~' :-) martin.azar@usa.net (-: ..~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~. PowerBuilder Desktop is setu...

Connecting to Oracle 7.3 through ODBC
Hi! I would like to know where can I get information about connecting to Oracle7.3 through ODBC from an application developed with PowerBuilder 5.0.03. We have some stored procedures that act as datasources for some datawindows and we need to be able to connect to the database using an ODBC driver. Does anyone know where I can get information or examples about this? Does anyone know how the DBParm should be initialized in this case? If we use the native driver that comes with PowerBuilder we have no problem at all running the application, but, when we change to the ODBC driver ...

Connecting to Oracle 7.3 through ODBC
Hi! I would like to know where can I get information about connecting to Oracle7.3 through ODBC from an application developed with PowerBuilder 5.0.03. We have some stored procedures that act as datasources for some datawindows and we need to be able to connect to the database using an ODBC driver. Does anyone know where I can get information or examples about this? Does anyone know how the DBParm should be initialized in this case? If we use the native driver that comes with PowerBuilder we have no problem at all running the application, but, when we change to the ODBC driver ...

ODBC drivers 7.0.3
Need ODBC drivers version 7.0.3 . Was told that this would fix XP issues. The application provider is running an XP box with Sybase Anywhere 5.5.04 with the 7.0.3 ODBC driver. He says he got it from the web-site, but I couldn't find it. ANy help would be appreciated. Thanks. V7 OBDC drivers will not work with V5. That said the latest v5.5 EBF should work on XP /steve -- Stephen Rice Technical Services Manager iAnywhere Solutions - Please Post- Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/deve...

ODBC driver or Native driver with MS SQL 7.0
Hi, What is the advantage of using the native driver toward a Microsoft SQL 7.0 instead of the ODBC driver? Is the native driver only available in the Enterprise version? I use the Professional version 6.0, and I don't see any native drivers, only ODBC! Thanks! Per "Per Buus Sorensen" <PBS@BUUSSYS.DK> wrote in message news:dMjAFGL7$GA.304@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > What is the advantage of using the native driver toward a Microsoft SQL 7.0 > instead of the ODBC driver? > The advantages we found are (a) it is much faster, ...

Web resources about - Oracle 7.3 ODBC driver cannot be found in the ODBC driver list - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

Oracle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the classical medium. For the software company, see Oracle Corporation . For other uses, see Oracle (disambiguation) . ...

News Oracle
The News Oracle is an online news outlet. The Oracle covers the most relevant stories from around the globe.

Kenshoo, Oracle Social Cloud Announce Integration
... and provider of cloud-based digital marketing solutions and predictive media optimization technology, announced an integration with Oracle Social ...

Oracle settles with FTC over Java’s “deceptive” security patching
Way to go, Oracle. (credit: Oracle PR) Oracle received a public slap on the wrist from the Federal Trade Commission over Java SE, the desktop ...

Oracle: Morgan Stanley Cuts Target as Cloud Eats into Their Margin
Morgan Stanley ’s Keith Weiss this morning reiterates an Equal Weight rating on shares of Oracle ( ORCL ) following last week’s fiscal Q2 earnings ...

Google says ta-ta to Oracle's Java APIs will embrace OpenJDK in future Android releases
... ideas and intellectual property stolen. Sadly nowadays, trolls have largely ruined the sanctity of the original intent. I'm not calling Oracle ...

Google comes up with a new Android plan as its epic legal battle with Oracle continues
Oracle and Google have been duking it out for years in a lawsuit that could have a big impact on the whole software industry. Now Google has ...

Regulators Accuse Oracle Of Deceiving Customers About Security Of Java Updates
The owners of more than 850 million personal computers using Oracle’s Java Platform Standard Edition were misled about the security of their ...

Google will strip Oracle's Java code out of Android
Google has confirmed that it will no longer use Java application programming interfaces (APIs) from Oracle in future versions of Android, according ...