OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7 #3

Since one month, we used PB 7.0 with SP 1 and MS SQL 7.0 with SP1.
For the connection, we used OLE DB but I discovered that sometimes the
connection was OK sometimes not.  We have SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 drivers
installed on each machine.  Another problem is that we have got a lot of GPF
because PB is not able to use OUTER JOIN with OLE DB.
If I read BOL for SQL 7.0 he said that the new native driver for SQL 7.0 is
the OLE DB driver ...
Does anybody know how to fix the problem (outer join and stability) or if I
have to use a different driver.  If yes, witch one and with what parameters.
Thanks.

Claudy THILLEN

0
Claudy

We have given in with OLEDB, there are too many problems.  There is no
workround for the Outer Join problem other than exporting the dw, changing
the syntax there, and importing.  There are also problems with stored
procedures, which seems to always return 0 (success) though they do not
actually fire.

Since we do not yet use any of the new SQL7 datatypes, we use either ODBC or
the PB SQL6.5 native driver.

Simon

Claudy THILLEN wrote in message ...
>Since one month, we used PB 7.0 with SP 1 and MS SQL 7.0 with SP1.
>For the connection, we used OLE DB but I discovered that sometimes the
>connection was OK sometimes not.  We have SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 drivers
>installed on each machine.  Another problem is that we have got a lot of
GPF
>because PB is not able to use OUTER JOIN with OLE DB.
>If I read BOL for SQL 7.0 he said that the new native driver for SQL 7.0 is
>the OLE DB driver ...
>Does anybody know how to fix the problem (outer join and stability) or if I
>have to use a different driver.  If yes, witch one and with what
parameters.
>Thanks.
>
>Claudy THILLEN

0
Simon

OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7
Since one month, we used PB 7.0 with SP 1 and MS SQL 7.0 with SP1. For the connection, we used OLE DB but I discovered that sometimes the connection was OK sometimes not. We have SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 drivers installed on each machine. Another problem is that we have got a lot of GPF because PB is not able to use OUTER JOIN with OLE DB. If I read BOL for SQL 7.0 he said that the new native driver for SQL 7.0 is the OLE DB driver ... Does anybody know how to fix the problem (outer join and stability) or if I have to use a different driver. If yes, witch one and with what parameters. T...

OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7 #2
Since one month, we used PB 7.0 with SP 1 and MS SQL 7.0 with SP1. For the connection, we used OLE DB but I discovered that sometimes the connection was OK sometimes not. We have SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 drivers installed on each machine. Another problem is that we have got a lot of GPF because PB is not able to use OUTER JOIN with OLE DB. If I read BOL for SQL 7.0 he said that the new native driver for SQL 7.0 is the OLE DB driver ... Does anybody know how to fix the problem (outer join and stability) or if I have to use a different driver. If yes, witch one and with what parameters. T...

MS SQL 7
Hi, I'm using MSSQL 7 and PB 7.01 trying to connect to a database using OLE DB or ODBC. Both work within the development environment. The problem is with compiled applications. I get the following error message when trying to connect using OLE DB DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation. I get the following error message when trying to connect using ODBC DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I know this must be a simple thing but ... please help. TIA Stephen Jones stepjone@alscartage.com Make sure you've deployed pbole70.dl...

MS SQL 7
Hi, I'm using MSSQL 7 and PB 7.01 trying to connect to a database using OLE DB or ODBC. Both work within the development environment. The problem is with compiled applications. I get the following error message when trying to connect using OLE DB DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation. I get the following error message when trying to connect using ODBC DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I know this must be a simple thing but ... please help. TIA Stephen Jones stepjone@alscartage.com See my reply in the database group St...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

PB 7.0.3
I'm trying to connect to a SQL Server 7 database in another location (i.e, over a WAN). I can connect to it just fine from SQL Server client, but I get an error "SQL Server unavailable or does not exist" error message when trying to connect to it from PB 7.0.3. Any suggestions? Connection over a wan (Internet) does work for us. If you can give us some more information maybe we can help you find a solution. <DFortner> wrote in message news:96CDFBF773F137B90065FB2E85256C5B.0065FB3C85256C5B@webforums... > I'm trying to connect to a SQL Server 7 databa...

PROBLEM with PB 7.0.3 AND SQL SERVER 7.0 USING SQL CURSOR
I am having a problem running a sql command with a cursor with Native drivers for MS sql Server 7.0.If i use ODBC or take out the order by clause in the statement it works fine By the way I am running powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009 The error code is : (Error 10008 (DB-Library) DB-Library Severity Level 9 Message Text ad token from SQL Server: Datastream processing out of synchronization) here a sample of the code DECLARE cur_Sec1 CURSOR FOR SELECT DISTINCT COL1,COL2 FROM TABLE1 WHERE COL1 = ??? ORDER BY COL1 ASC ; <<<<<<<<<<< ...

Oracle 7.3.4 connection problem / PB 7.
Up until yesterday, I thought I was an oracle / pb connection wizard. now, I'm baffled, and a couple of customers are having the same problem. any help would be greatly apprecaited. If have two (what I think are identical configurations). both running NT 4.0 sp5, both with PB 7.0 loaded. One machine gives me the can not connect error when I try, the other works perfect. On the one that PB does not connect, I can run sqlplus no problem. I've used the sysinternals dll checker, and the oracle dll's are not getting loaded at all on the system that fails. (that is the...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Problem regarding the connection of PB 7.0 with SQL 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls try to trap SQLCA.SQLCode, SQLCA.SQLDBCode and SQLCA.SQLErrText and include them in the post - this will allow localize the problem better...

Connecting PB 7 to Oracle 7.3 #3
Hi I have a problem ...

Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC
I am having some problem using PowerBuilder 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 and ODBC. Arguments to datawindows and nested SQL doesn't seem the work properly. The following is some lines from the ODBC trace-file: SELECT report.reportkey, report.reporttype, report.reportname FROM report WHERE exists (SELECT reportparam.reportkey FROM reportparam WHERE ( reportparam.reportkey = report.reportkey ) AND reportparam.paramtype = ? )) ORDER BY report.reportname VCHAR Length=4 ID=:as_paramtype *test* (10 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE ...

PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem
I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it connects just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different computer, a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database should be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user on the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what I am failing to do? Hi, You must provide a valid login id on the other PC you specified and this login must ...

OLE DB Problem with SQL 2000 and PB 7
Hi, I am trying to move an application from MS SQL 7.0 to MS SQL 2000, but I cannot get the native driver to work with SQL 2000, so I switched to OLE DB, but I have now run into a very strange error. I have a datawindow that connects to a table that has an identity column, using the native driver when I insert a row the new identity is returned to the datawindow, as i need that number to copy into another datawindow. But the number is no longer returned when I switch to OLE DB, is there some way around this. I hope someone could help me with this, this is the only thing holding u...

Web resources about - OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7 #3 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Too often we forget refugees are not the seeds of the problem but themselves victims of it
A Jesus born today could not have been visited by three Kings. Nor could he, and his family, have fled to Egypt if Egypt was following the recommendation ...

The Suns biggest problem? Their players aren't good enough
The Phoenix Suns scapegoated two of their assistant coaches for their struggles, but the bottom line is, they don't have enough talent to compete. ...

Valve explains: DDoS-induced caching problem led to Xmas Day Steam data leaks and downtime
PC gamers were dismayed on Christmas Day to find that Valve's popular (and arguably essential) Steam store had gone haywire before becoming entirely ...

Fullsize GM SUVs have a problem that's making owners sick
Filed under: Cadillac , Chevrolet , GM , GMC , Safety , SUV A buffeting and vibration problem for some owners of GM's fullsize SUVs can be bad ...

First admitting there is a problem by @BloggersRUs
First admitting there is a problem by Tom Sullivan Nancy LeTourneau at Political Animal wrote yesterday about the crisis of confidence in the ...

GOP Establishment Has No Problem with Hillary Win, Won’t Address the Clintons’ War on Women
Breitbart News' John Nolte had a perceptive piece this weekend on the GOP Establishment having no desire to beat Hillary Clinton or elect Donald ...

How Facebook engineers cleverly hacked their way around a time-wasting problem with Oculus
Facebook programmers had a problem. They were working on developing games and experiences for virtual reality, by way of Facebook's own Oculus ...

December 2015: Unofficial Problem Bank list declines to 250 Institutions, Q4 2015 Transition Matrix
This is an unofficial list of Problem Banks compiled only from public sources. Here is the unofficial problem bank list for December 2015. Changes ...

How many deaths until Remington admits its signature gun has a trigger problem?
What does a gun company do when it has a top selling product with a trigger defect that's causing accidental deaths? Nothing, apparently, for ...