OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7

Since one month, we used PB 7.0 with SP 1 and MS SQL 7.0 with SP1.
For the connection, we used OLE DB but I discovered that sometimes the
connection was OK sometimes not.  We have SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 drivers
installed on each machine.  Another problem is that we have got a lot of GPF
because PB is not able to use OUTER JOIN with OLE DB.
If I read BOL for SQL 7.0 he said that the new native driver for SQL 7.0 is
the OLE DB driver ...
Does anybody know how to fix the problem (outer join and stability) or if I
have to use a different driver.  If yes, witch one and with what parameters.
Thanks.

Claudy THILLEN

0
Claudy

OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7 #3
Since one month, we used PB 7.0 with SP 1 and MS SQL 7.0 with SP1. For the connection, we used OLE DB but I discovered that sometimes the connection was OK sometimes not. We have SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 drivers installed on each machine. Another problem is that we have got a lot of GPF because PB is not able to use OUTER JOIN with OLE DB. If I read BOL for SQL 7.0 he said that the new native driver for SQL 7.0 is the OLE DB driver ... Does anybody know how to fix the problem (outer join and stability) or if I have to use a different driver. If yes, witch one and with what parameters. T...

OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7 #2
Since one month, we used PB 7.0 with SP 1 and MS SQL 7.0 with SP1. For the connection, we used OLE DB but I discovered that sometimes the connection was OK sometimes not. We have SQL 6.5 and SQL 7.0 drivers installed on each machine. Another problem is that we have got a lot of GPF because PB is not able to use OUTER JOIN with OLE DB. If I read BOL for SQL 7.0 he said that the new native driver for SQL 7.0 is the OLE DB driver ... Does anybody know how to fix the problem (outer join and stability) or if I have to use a different driver. If yes, witch one and with what parameters. T...

MS SQL 7
Hi, I'm using MSSQL 7 and PB 7.01 trying to connect to a database using OLE DB or ODBC. Both work within the development environment. The problem is with compiled applications. I get the following error message when trying to connect using OLE DB DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation. I get the following error message when trying to connect using ODBC DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I know this must be a simple thing but ... please help. TIA Stephen Jones stepjone@alscartage.com Make sure you've deployed pbole70.dl...

MS SQL 7
Hi, I'm using MSSQL 7 and PB 7.01 trying to connect to a database using OLE DB or ODBC. Both work within the development environment. The problem is with compiled applications. I get the following error message when trying to connect using OLE DB DBMS OLE DB is not supported in your current installation. I get the following error message when trying to connect using ODBC DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I know this must be a simple thing but ... please help. TIA Stephen Jones stepjone@alscartage.com See my reply in the database group St...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Problem regarding the connection of PB 7.0 with SQL 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls try to trap SQLCA.SQLCode, SQLCA.SQLDBCode and SQLCA.SQLErrText and include them in the post - this will allow localize the problem better...

Problem with PB 7.0 And MS SQL Server 7.0 ODBC
I am having some problem using PowerBuilder 7.0 with MS SQL Server 7.0 and ODBC. Arguments to datawindows and nested SQL doesn't seem the work properly. The following is some lines from the ODBC trace-file: SELECT report.reportkey, report.reporttype, report.reportname FROM report WHERE exists (SELECT reportparam.reportkey FROM reportparam WHERE ( reportparam.reportkey = report.reportkey ) AND reportparam.paramtype = ? )) ORDER BY report.reportname VCHAR Length=4 ID=:as_paramtype *test* (10 MilliSeconds) Error 999 (rc -1) : SQLSTATE ...

PB 7.0 and MS-SQL Server 7.0 login problem
I am having a problem connecting my app to the MS SQL-Server database. I'm sure it's something obvious that I'm missing. From my computer, it connects just finewith no login box. When I try to connect from a different computer, a login window pops up with "Admin" as the log in name. The database should be using a trusted connection from a computer within the domain. The user on the computer is successfully logged into the (NT 4) domain. Any ideas what I am failing to do? Hi, You must provide a valid login id on the other PC you specified and this login must ...

OLE DB Problem with SQL 2000 and PB 7
Hi, I am trying to move an application from MS SQL 7.0 to MS SQL 2000, but I cannot get the native driver to work with SQL 2000, so I switched to OLE DB, but I have now run into a very strange error. I have a datawindow that connects to a table that has an identity column, using the native driver when I insert a row the new identity is returned to the datawindow, as i need that number to copy into another datawindow. But the number is no longer returned when I switch to OLE DB, is there some way around this. I hope someone could help me with this, this is the only thing holding u...

OLE DB Problem with SQL 2000 and PB 7
Hi, I am trying to move an application from MS SQL 7.0 to MS SQL 2000, but I cannot get the native driver to work with SQL 2000, so I switched to OLE DB, but I have now run into a very strange error. I have a datawindow that connects to a table that has an identity column, using the native driver when I insert a row the new identity is returned to the datawindow, as i need that number to copy into another datawindow. But the number is no longer returned when I switch to OLE DB, is there some way around this. I hope someone could help me with this, this is the only thing holding u...

PIPELINE - PB10
Hello All, We are converting our PB apps to version 10. Thanks to the posts on this site we have been successful setting OLE DB connections and everything appeared to be working fine. I just noticed that at least one of my pipes is not working correctly. It is truncating 1 character off of a field. This worked fine when we were going from sql 7 to sql 7 but when I connect to one server running ms sql 7 and the other using ms sql 2000 using a data pipe in PB 10 it is cutting off a char??? This one blows my mind because there is no script??? We had to make changes to trim s...

Connectivity with OLE DB (MS SQL Server 7.0)
Hello: I have a powerbuilder executable running under Windows 95 connecting to MS SQL Server 7.0 using the OLE DB interface. This exe is stored on a network application server in it's own directory along with the following dll's: pbdwe70.dll pbvm70.dll pbole70.dll sqloledb.dll libjcc.dll dbnmpntw.dll pfccom32.dll The application runs fine on the developers machine. It will not connect on other machines. The Microsoft data access components are a basic component of the user's machines. When run on the developer's machine, pbole70.dll appears to call a function ca...

Connection problem with PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7
Hello, I am having a problem connecting PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7. The application connects fine. The problem is when I try to create a new datawindow with a stored procedure on SQL 7. I can view all the names of the stored procedures but I can't see any of the code. I am using the odbc driver 3.07.08.20 . When I try to look at the stored procedures I get the message 'The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text.' Everything worked fine in SQL 6.5. any help appreciated, Bruce ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- ht...

Web resources about - OLE DB Problems, PB 7, MS-SQL 7 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

SanDisk’s new wireless memory stick will eradicate smartphone storage problems
... all, there’s never enough storage on most mobile devices whether they’re new iPhones or Android devices. And then there are battery life problems. ...

WA fires: police deny looting problem in Waroona bushfire zone
Hundreds of people who fled West Australia's bushfire-ravaged towns are worried looters are stealing from their unguarded homes, but police insist ...

The age-old problem with the Clintons
The sleaze is endless. Can't the Dems find a better candidate? Like Biden or somebody?

China's Insolvable Problems; Watched Pot Thesis; Roll the Dice
China has not one insolvable problem, but many of them. Yuan and Capital Flight China needs to prop up the yuan to slow capital flight. China ...

W Magazine accidentally highlighted Hollywood’s diversity problems, right?
W Magazine has an annual feature to coincide with the big Oscar awards season. Many magazines do – like, Vanity Fair does their annual Hollywood ...

The real problem with China
China's problem isn't that it doesn't want to do the right thing. It's that it's a teenager when it comes to capitalism and it doesn't know how. ...

Melatonin Helps People Fall Asleep, But Has Potential Problems And Side Effects
... that regulates our sleep/wake cycles. It might seem like a mild and natural alternative to sleeping pills , but there are potential problems. ...

$15 Minimum Wage Poses Problem For This Democratic Governor
$15 Minimum Wage Poses Problem For This Democratic Governor

'Daredevil' Promises 'Bigger Problems,' A New Foe and Old Flame in March Return: Check Out the Poster ...
'Daredevil' Promises 'Bigger Problems,' A New Foe and Old Flame in March Return: Check Out the Poster and Trailer