ODBC TExt Limit using INTERSOLV Text driver

I am using the INTERSOLV text driver to access my 'database' of text
files
which were pipelined successfully from Sybase with no errors. I have a
field
containg a datawindow syntax which is approx 32000 bytes. Using
Retrieve()
to access this field, truncates it at approx 4000 bytes. Is there a
limit on
the length of VARCHAR fields using ODBC Text driver? If so, is it
configurable?

Thanks for any help.

0
Mary

Most DBMSs support only 2000 or 4000 characters for Varchar fields.  The
ODBC datatype is SQL_VARCHAR.
Jim O'Neill, any suggestions?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.

Mary-Rose McBrien wrote in message <37DE428B.A93357EF@harco.co.uk>...

>I am using the INTERSOLV text driver to access my 'database' of text
>files
>which were pipelined successfully from Sybase with no errors. I have a
>field
>containg a datawindow syntax which is approx 32000 bytes. Using
>Retrieve()
>to access this field, truncates it at approx 4000 bytes. Is there a
>limit on
>the length of VARCHAR fields using ODBC Text driver? If so, is it
>configurable?
>
>Thanks for any help.

0
Terry
9/14/1999 11:35:13 PM
Mary-Rose McBrien wrote:

> I am using the INTERSOLV text driver to access my 'database' of text
> files
> which were pipelined successfully from Sybase with no errors. I have a
> field
> containg a datawindow syntax which is approx 32000 bytes. Using
> Retrieve()
> to access this field, truncates it at approx 4000 bytes. Is there a
> limit on
> the length of VARCHAR fields using ODBC Text driver? If so, is it
> configurable?
>
> Thanks for any help.

What version of the Intersolv driver and of PowerBuilder are you using?
I'm not having any trouble retrieving 25000+ characters using PB 6.5.1 or
PB 7.0.1 and the Intersolv 3.11 text driver.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support

0
Jim

using the intersolv odbc text driver
Has anyone successfully used the intersolv text driver for loading a text file into a datawindow? I am trying to use the driver to load a file into a datawindow however, the name of the text file will be different each time the app is run. Does anyone have any ideas how to implement this? Are there any deployment costs with this driver? Thanks, Dave If you know the name of the file put it in a ini file. Then extract it from there. And yes I have used it before. David Stockmann wrote: > Has anyone successfully used the intersolv text driver for loading a text ...

Text as text
Name: JohnA Boice Email: jaboiceathughesdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Text as text Comments: You need to do as Safari does and make ALL text, including buttons, links, bookmarks, and general page text actual text so screen readers can interpret and voice the text. Until this occurs, your products are a real pain to use. And I have limited sight. What about those with less or no sight? Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

INTERSOLV ODBC text driver License Error
Hi Folks, I'm trying to convert 5.0.04 application to PB7. Old App uses version 2.11 of Intersolc ODBC Text driver. Now I'm trying to use PB INTERSOLV OEM 3.11 32-BIT Textfile (*.*) driver PBTXT13.DLL, with license file ivpb.lic that shipped with that dll, I get error message saying I'm not licensed to use that version of Intersolv driver. What's up with that ? TIA, Jeff Barnes ...

Limit of text in a text column?
I'm using SQL data base file, and using Grideview control. I have the Table Column as text field. But every time I want to add Medium size paragraph or larger it wont save the data as is. It cuts it down to a small fraction of the data I enter. How Can I get rid of the text limit? Try to set the width of you GridView columns to auto.. so that if your data is too long then it will just stretches the columnIf that wont works, Please do inform me. Regards,Vinz"Code, Beer and Music" that's my way of being a programmer!How to get your Forum Question Answered | Blog |...

,text and why is there , begin of text ?? i use Response.Redirect(String.Format("asanat.aspx?TextBox1={0}&TextBox2={1}&TextBox3={2}&TextBox3={3}", Label1.Text, Label2.Text, Label3.Text, Label4.Text))
hello friends ,text and why is there , begin of text ?? i use label4.text="text" Response.Redirect(String.Format("asanat.aspx?TextBox1={0}&TextBox2={1}&TextBox3={2}&TextBox3={3}", Label1.Text, Label2.Text, Label3.Text, Label4.Text)) from masterpage1.master and asanat.aspx connect to masterpage2.master.. below code is in masterpage2.master because label4.text in masterpage2.masterProtected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load If Request("TextBox3") IsNot Nothing ThenLabel4.Text = Request("TextB...

can't connect to ODBC text driver
Here is part of the code: <% Set oConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection") oConn.Open "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};" &_ "Dbq=D:\Site;" & _ "Extensions=asc, csv, tab, txt;" & _ "Persist Security Info=False" ...... I receive an error: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' [Microsoft][ODBC è÷ñè Driver] þþäâãøä ìà çå÷éú áîôúç Excel ...

Datawindow retrieve error when using ODBC text driver.
When using the datawindow retrieve method, I get an intermittent error loading a semicolon-delimited text file into my SQL Anywhere db. Has anyone had any problems using the Intersolve ODBC text driver (the latest couple of versions - I've installed the latest in an effort to get through the problem...)? The code is included below: //******************************************** //* Create the datawindow object from syntax * //******************************************** IF adw_dwload.CREATE(gtr_file.SyntaxFromSQL("SELECT * FROM " +& ls_fileout, "style(ty...

sqlstate=42000 using ms text odbc driver
After installing the 2.5 MDAC driver for text when I execute a select statement: SELECT CS_NO, SUB_CS_NO, EVENT_DATE, EVENT_TIME, SCHED_DATE, SCHED_TIME, EVENT_NO, ZONE, PASCOM, STAT, HOST_SEQ, EVENT_CLASS, PASTYPE FROM history.c2p; I get the following error: Error C0195: SQLSTATE = 42000[Microsoft][ODBC Text Driver] cannot update. Database or Object is read-only. I just need to read from the file. Is there some dbparm that can be set to allow readonly access to the file? This problem exists where in pb 5.x or 7.x. Thanks for your help ---== Posted...

Is Intersolv 3.0 ODBC text driver a demo version?
Does anyone know if the Intersolv 3.00 32-bit TextFile driver that ships with PB 8.x is a demo version? I've installed and configured (through the ODBC data source administrator) the driver and I'm having problems with it. I have a database profile that's using the driver and get the following message when I connect to the datasource: "[INTERSOLV][ODBC Text driver] You are not licensed to use this INTERSOLV ODBC Driver under the license you have purchased. If you with to purchase a license for use with this application, then you may use this driver for a ...

Using Intersolv 3.01 ODBC Drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, Does anyone know if it possible to use the Intersolv 3.01 ODBC drivers with PowerBuilder 11.5? We are upgrading our apps from PB10.5 to PB11.5. The Intersolv ODBC drivers were okay in PB10.5 but no longer works in PB11.5. We got the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB5 and have been using them with all the PB upgrades without any problems until PB11.5. When I try to use the Intersolv ODBC drivers with PB11.5 I get the following message =93[INTERSOLV][ODBC dBase driver]You are not licensed to use this INTERSOLV ODBC Driver under the license you have purchased. If you wish ...

Intersolve TEXT Driver
Hi -- I have accessed some text files with the intersolve TEXT drive. Everything seems OK but I can't update the files from the database painter or a datawindow. Is this possible? If so, what is the method for doing so. I am using PB 6, with Win NT. Thanks Ed Janek U.S. Army LSSC Make sure you have a unique key or index on the file. PB requires one to generate an update. Edward Janek wrote in message <35D82CA7.56D6748B@st-louis-emh2.army.mil>... >Hi -- > > I have accessed some text files with the intersolve TEXT drive. >Everything seems...

ODBC Text Driver
I need to connect thru ODBC with datasource of .txt. I got this error 'Could not find installable ISAM' when trying to connect. I search Google, but cannot find the driver that I need. Would someone please help. I am running PB9 TIA. Which driver are you trying to use. Both the MS and PB Merant/Intersolv ODBC text drivers work. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com product enhancement requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement <Julie> wrote in message news:466fe7de.7977.1681692777...

Intersolv Text Driver
Seems like this should be an easy one... (but it's been a long week and I can't figure it out)... Can anybody tell me how to install the PB INTERSOLV driver for text files without installing PowerBuilder? (I'm trying to deploy something that uses it on a user's PC) TIA, steve Basically you need a registry entry. I've enclosed an example pbtext.reg file. Copy the files into the corresponding directory as the registry file says. Don't forget to include the license file. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Develo...

Intersolve TEXT Driver
Hi -- I have accessed some text files with the intersolve TEXT drive. Everything seems OK but I can't update the files from the database painter or a datawindow. Is this possible? If so, what is the method for doing so. I am using PB 6, with Win NT. Thanks Ed Janek U.S. Army LSSC Make sure you have a unique key or index on the file. PB requires one to generate an update. Edward Janek wrote in message <35D82CA7.56D6748B@st-louis-emh2.army.mil>... >Hi -- > > I have accessed some text files with the intersolve TEXT drive. >Everything seems...

Web resources about - ODBC TExt Limit using INTERSOLV Text driver - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

PVCS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
8.4.6 / November 30, 2012 ; 2 years ago ( 2012-11-30 ) PVCS Version Manager (originally named Polytron Version Control System ) is a software ...

Shortage of skilled workers seen as endangering tech firms' growth State in position to lead nation's ...
The explosive growth of Maryland's high-technology sector should continue this year. However, a shortage of skilled technological workers could ...

City & Corporate: FD wins Micro Focus equity listing bid
Micro Focus has drafted in Financial Dynamics to handle PR around the first equity listing of a software firm on the London Stock Exchange for ...

Technical Support
Technical Support phone, fax, and webite information by manufacturer

Forrester Research : Analyst : Mike Gilpin
Mike serves Application Development & Delivery Professionals. He leads a team of analysts who cover a wide range of practices and technologies, ...

About M( ) - M( )
Hello there... I'm currently going through my personal transition from male to female, and this is my blog (initially mostly for friends and ...

Background - Portland SEO Consultant, Michael Cottam
Background of Michael Cottam. Website Built Using Michaelcottam.com

SolidFire - Board
Dave Wright : Dave Wrightleft Stanford in 1998 to help start GameSpy Industries, a leader inonline video game media, technology, and software. ...

Valhalla Partners
home about us our companies our team for entrepreneurs news & events contact us All companies Valhalla companies Valhalla exits Past companies ...

Valhalla Partners - Art Marks
Bio: Art Marks, Arthur J. Marks, Arthur Marks Managing General Partner, Valhalla Partners