ODBC error (Database error)

Hi,

We are working with PB 5.04 on Windows 95.
When we use ODBC connectivity with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases we have
problems with datetime (timestamp in SQLAnywhere) fields.
The error that PB reports is :
Database Error.
SQLSTATE = 07006
[Sybase][ODBC Driver]: cannot convert 1990-07-14 00:00:00. -10742 to a
date/time

I have installed Windows95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version),
Internet Explorer 4.01 (spanish version), Microsoft Outlook 98 (spanish
version), PB 4 and PB 5.04.

I have another PC with Windows 95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish
version), Internet Explorer 3 (spanish version) and PB 5.04  and until now
we haven't had any problems with datetime fields.

Can the error be produced by the version number of the ODBC drivers
installed in my machine ?

Can somebody suggest a solution ?

Thanks,
                Pep Mas
                pep_mas@redestb.es   or
                sgilc@correu.gencat.es

0
Pep

No, the ODBC driver is not likely to fix this problem.  It's a PowerBuilder
bug in the use of datetime retrieval arguments to datawindows.  It is supposed
to be fixed, but not in PowerBuilder 5.  For some reason, the milliseconds
value that is generated to feed a 'dummy' value to the datawindow so the SQL
can be verified shows up as negative in somewhat rare cases.  I believe that
one workaround is to convert to syntax mode and then save from there.

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support
joneil@sybase.com

Pep Mas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are working with PB 5.04 on Windows 95.
> When we use ODBC connectivity with Sybase SQL Anywhere databases we have
> problems with datetime (timestamp in SQLAnywhere) fields.
> The error that PB reports is :
> Database Error.
> SQLSTATE = 07006
> [Sybase][ODBC Driver]: cannot convert 1990-07-14 00:00:00. -10742 to a
> date/time
>
> I have installed Windows95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish version),
> Internet Explorer 4.01 (spanish version), Microsoft Outlook 98 (spanish
> version), PB 4 and PB 5.04.
>
> I have another PC with Windows 95 (spanish version), Office97(spanish
> version), Internet Explorer 3 (spanish version) and PB 5.04  and until now
> we haven't had any problems with datetime fields.
>
> Can the error be produced by the version number of the ODBC drivers
> installed in my machine ?
>
> Can somebody suggest a solution ?
>
> Thanks,
>                 Pep Mas
>                 pep_mas@redestb.es   or
>                 sgilc@correu.gencat.es

0
Jim

errors errors errors..

Error, Error and more errors

error error error

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ODBC Error 08001 Database Error -84
I am receiving this error on a Windows 98 pc. I am new to Sybase SQL Database. I got roped up into this problem One Computer has: ODBC Error 08001 Database Error -84. [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive serber anywhere]Unable to connect to database server: specified database is invalid Another Computer Has: Windows 98 Computer Also. Data source name not found and no default driver specified Any help would be greatly appreciated. Scott Please copy my email address: intercontinental@covad.net You might get more help on sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general news...

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

Connection Error
When attempting to create a new query in Excel to access information from the Sybase database (blue) MS Query fatal errors and these are the only details: AppName: msqry32.exe AppVer: 10.0.2607.0 ModName: syodase.dll This was working up until recently. Is there a maximum limit on ports or connections for a sybase connection? We have been running and still are deploying, excel tools to display national data from our symposium databases, all of a sudden i am unable to build any more tools! Excel version is 2002 Windows version XP SP2 Symposium 4.01.07 Sybase ODBC connection (u...

Error error error, help me
Hello, How do I populate a drop down list in asp.net from a database? I have a block of vbscript code that does the server side coding for it. My code is as follows.. <script language="vb" runat="server"> Dim objConn As OleDbConnection = New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=c:\data\employee.mdb;") Dim Sql, valEmp As String Dim objDREmp as OleDbDataReader Sub FillEmployeeName(sender As Object, e As System.EventArgs) Sql = "select * from [Employee]" Dim objCommand As Ole...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

error after error
Hello, All I seem to be getting an error I don't quite understand. Can someone point out why I'm geeting this error? The first error states: unquoted string "subroutines" may clash with future reserved word at NPtest.pl line 6. after I quote "subroutines" I get an error that states: syntax error at NPtest.pl line 6, near "require" Execution of NPtest.pl aborted due to compilation errors. Heres the first script: #!/usr/bin/perl # NEWPACKAGE.pl package NEWPACKAGE sub printing1 {print "duh duh duh.\n&quo...

Upgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider
I am getting the following error when installing.. any ideas   Installing DotNetNuke Upgrade Error: ERROR: Could not connect to database specified in connectionString for SqlDataProvider   body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:nor...

Error or not error?
Hi gurus, hope you can help me with this problem: OS: Solaris 7 ASE: 12.5 I recently got some strange error messages when doing dbcc tablealloc with fix: *************************************************************** TABLE: hence_meaning OBJID = 100192376 INDID=0 FIRST=1817 ROOT=401935 SORT=0 INDID=2 FIRST=2882 ROOT=2881 SORT=1 Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 330126, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 272316, object 100192376; got page 0, object 0. Table Corrupt: Attempted to get page 322961, object 100192376; got p...

error error !
Full Message: ERROR{} Additional Information: None Severity: Error Date: November 14, 2007 11:42:35 AM Acknowledged Date: None Source: /Devices/Workstations/b2305dsyldes-58 Message ID: ERROR Probable Cause URL: None Log ID: ac4f2a9dbea6435421f4d9f92db8e971 Related Objects: None What does this means ? Marc-Andre, no idea, maybe a little more background information would help? -- Shaun Pond well, nothing special to say, some DLU policy, 1 remote policy, that's about it.......... Shaun Pond wrote: > Marc-Andre, > > no idea, maybe a little m...

Web resources about - ODBC error (Database error) - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Dodgy database exposes details of 191 million US voters
... years, there's a high chance that your personal details are now out in the wild. Security researcher Chris Vickery found a misconfigured database ...

3.3 million Hello Kitty fans' details have been exposed in a huge database leak
... week after week, the hacks, breaches and data leaks continue to roll in. The latest victim? Hello Kitty. CSO Online is reporting that a database ...

Database configuration issues expose 191 million voter records
A misconfigured database has led to the disclosure of 191 million voter records. The database, discovered by researcher Chris Vickery, doesn't ...

Database error publishes data of 3 million Hello Kitty fans
Online researcher Chris Vickery uncovered a database this weekend containing the personal information of 3.3 million accounts associated with ...

191 Million US Voter Registration Records Leaked In Mystery Database
A huge database of 191 million US citizens is uncovered. But no one knows who carelessly left it open, whilst the FBI have been contacted.

Database Leak Exposes 3.3 Million 'Hello Kitty' Fans
... was accessible. Vickery told Reuters by e-mail that the company had plugged the holes he had found in three servers. But he said the database ...