ODBC Driver for ASE

Can anyone recommend a good (affordable) ODBC driver for Sybase ASE? I'm
looking for a commercial or open source product that can be purchased
and shipped.

I'm aware of the Sybase ODBC drivers that come with the Open Client
install but I'm interested in something more feature rich.

Thanks,

Brad
0
Brad

Hi Brad;

  How about a jdbc driver instead. This one is open source and I am using
this with PB & Websphere over to ASE and SS in one omy current projects ...

http://jtds.sourceforge.net/

Food for thought?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"Brad Wery [TeamSybase]" <bradweryatgmail.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a good (affordable) ODBC driver for Sybase ASE? I'm
> looking for a commercial or open source product that can be purchased and
> shipped.
>
> I'm aware of the Sybase ODBC drivers that come with the Open Client
> install but I'm interested in something more feature rich.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

0
Chris
6/17/2010 1:24:24 AM
I need to be able to hit the API directly so I can dynamically execute
SQL and retrieve results. Can you program against the JDBC API in PB? Do
you have examples?

On 6/16/2010 8:24 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
> Hi Brad;
>
> How about a jdbc driver instead. This one is open source and I am using
> this with PB & Websphere over to ASE and SS in one omy current projects ...
>
> http://jtds.sourceforge.net/
>
> Food for thought?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> "Brad Wery [TeamSybase]" <bradweryatgmail.com> wrote in message
>> Can anyone recommend a good (affordable) ODBC driver for Sybase ASE?
>> I'm looking for a commercial or open source product that can be
>> purchased and shipped.
>>
>> I'm aware of the Sybase ODBC drivers that come with the Open Client
>> install but I'm interested in something more feature rich.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Brad

0
Brad
6/17/2010 2:02:35 PM
Hmmmm   ... I have no idea on the low level aspects of the driver. I just
installed it and call it from PB and Java. It works great with SS and ASE
and performs real snappy. Did you check out the website link for more
details?

There is also this one:
http://www.easysoft.com/products/data_access/odbc_sybase_driver/index.html
I have no idea on its API capabilities though.

> I need to be able to hit the API directly so I can dynamically execute SQL
> and retrieve results. Can you program against the JDBC API in PB? Do you
> have examples?
>
> On 6/16/2010 8:24 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>> Hi Brad;
>>
>> How about a jdbc driver instead. This one is open source and I am using
>> this with PB & Websphere over to ASE and SS in one omy current projects
>>
>> http://jtds.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> Food for thought?
>>
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>

>> "Brad Wery [TeamSybase]" <bradweryatgmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Can anyone recommend a good (affordable) ODBC driver for Sybase ASE?
>>> I'm looking for a commercial or open source product that can be
>>> purchased and shipped.
>>>
>>> I'm aware of the Sybase ODBC drivers that come with the Open Client
>>> install but I'm interested in something more feature rich.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Brad

0
Chris

ODBC DSN less connection issues using ASE ODBC Driver
Hi, I am facing a problem while making dsn less connection to sybase Here is the thing, I shall try to make it simple: this piece of connection string works fine in production with sybase 11 open client installed Driver={SYBASE SYSTEM 11};Srvr=SYBPRD_DEV;Uid=SYBPRDCOM;Pwd=welcomedb1; However, I am trying to setup a Dev environment with Sybase open client 12.5 ..this piece fails with the following error msgs, Connection string: err msg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified (i tried changing it to {SYBASE ASE ODBC Drive...

When using MS-ADO to connect to ASE using ASE OLEDB/ODBC driver the record count is -1
Hi VB 6 application connecting to ASE 12.5 (NT) using OLEDB/ODBC drivers. Gets a problem. He retrieve rows from the database - WORKS Fine!!! But as soon as he wants to see how many rows was returned the recordcount returns -1. He gets this problem connecting using ODBC and OLEDB. He gets the recordcount from the recordset object's recordcount property. This is what I found on the MSDN online manuals: RecordCount Property - ADO Indicates the current number of records in a Recordset object. Applies To Recordset Remarks Use the RecordCount property to find out how many r...

Problem : VB 6 ADO-application connection with ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to ASE 11.9.2 needs multiple connections
Hello, we are running Visual Basic applications (VB 6) which use ADO and Sybase ODBC driver 3.11 (or 3.60) to connect to ASE 11.9.2. We configured the 'select method' to be direct. This configuration results in login/logouts to the database for every single select statement. Has anybody else encountered this problem and knows how to fix it ? I know that configuring cursor select method solves the problem. But then every statement is executed as an server cursor, which is much slower then a standard select. I think the prolem has something to with the interface between AD...

How to set charset parm of ASE ODBC driver in PB8 / WebDW connection parm?
Hi, I have an ASE using charset 'cp850'. Now I want to retrieve it through PB8's webDW. In PB8 I define a DB connection, and I build a datawindow in dw painter, the data retrieved from the db displays ok. Then I deploy the dw to a web target, from the browser the retrieved data cannot display correctly. I have checked Jaguar CTS's charset to set it to cp850 already. But I found the default ODBC parm do not contains anything about charset. Any suggestions? Forest ...

I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it?
Hi : I need to connect to powerbuilder 7 to oracle 9 without odbc, through of drivers native ones of net9. Somebody knows like doing it? I am inexperienced in the subject. find in db profile that they were drivers native of oracle 804 and 805. Drivers native of oracle 9 exists? or definitively I am due to connect to traves of odbc? thank you from chile You can use the O84 Oracle 8.0.4/8.0.5 driver to connect to Oracle 9. -- S.V. Software http://www.svsoftware.da.ru Home of SQL Builder Professional for PowerBuilder Download the Demo Version Now!!! Source code available ...

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

ASE ODBC driver
Hi there, where can I find ODBC driver for ASE 11.03 (linux) ? On Thu, 06 May 2004 03:17:02 -0700, Paul B wrote: > Hi there, > where can I find ODBC driver for ASE 11.03 (linux) ? On linux there isn't an ODBC driver from Sybase for 11.0.x. You could look at FreeTDS, though (www.freetds.org). Michael -- Michael Peppler Data Migrations, Inc. mpeppler@peppler.org http://www.peppler.org/ Sybase T-SQL/OpenClient/OpenServer/C/Perl developer available for short or long term contract positions - http://www.peppler.or...

ASE ODBC Drivers
Hello, I've heard many people looking for ODBC drivers for Sybase on Win95/NT. It may sound crazy, but somebody told me it shoud work. Since MS SQL server is based entirely on Sybase and they both use the same protocols, has anybody tried using the Microsoft MSQL Server ODBC drivers to connect to a Sybase SQL server? Again, I haven't had the chance to try it myself, but someone told my it should work, and I was browsing the net when I saw somebody posted the same idea in a web page, -don't remember which one- could have been PostgreSQL, MySQL or some related link. ...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

ODBC Powerbuilder and ASE
I've got a strange problem and I hope that somebody else can help me to find a solution. I want to use an ODBC Driver to connect to the database on our server. This ODBC Driver is needed to connect and import/update/delete data on special criteria delivered by file. I need to use a Data pipe line. If I start the data pipe from powerbuilder(8.0) himself everything looks ok and after testing it is ok. When I start the pipe line with my application I get an error -4. Table not found. This is the line where ik execute the data pipe: ll_dperror = idp_pipestore.Start(SQLMu...

ODBC Driver Connect
I want to connect to a SQL Anywhere using the ODBC SQLDriverConnect() and specifying the filename of the SQL Anywhere database. The documentation says it can be done by passing a string specifying the driver and the database file, but whenever I do this I get an error message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Data source name not found and no default driver specified" I have tried lots of variations on the connection string but I always get the same error message. The string I am trying at the moment looks like this: Connection:=ODBC;Driver="d:\Program Files\Sybase\...

ODBC ASE Drivers
This is killing me. How in the world can I get a hold of some ODBC Drivers for ASE 11.9.2??? I have searched sybase.com inside out and have found some tutorials but no download links. Am I missing something? Why would Sybase not offer these for download on its site? How do they expect developers to connect to Sybase databases? In <26C82FE5C5E33BC70074169885256C21.007416A885256C21@webforums> dkrebs wrote: > This is killing me. How in the world can I get a hold of some ODBC > Drivers for ASE 11.9.2??? I have searched sybase.com inside out and > have found some ...

ASE ODBC driver
I can use the system 11 driver to connect to my server with no issues. When I try to use the ASE driver, it hangs when I click test connect. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Web resources about - ODBC Driver for ASE - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Adam Driver - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Adam Douglas Driver ( 1983-11-19 ) November 19, 1983 (age 30) San Diego, California , U.S. His father's family is from Arkansas and his mother's ...

Unrestrained children in vehicle of alleged drunk driver
Police have arrested a 23-year-old Beswick woman for high range drink driving after she returned an alleged blood alcohol concentration of .161 ...

Motorcyclist killed and elderly driver injured in Koo Wee Rup crash
A male motorcycle rider has died after a collision at&nbsp;Koo Wee Rup, 63 kilometre&nbsp;south-east of Melbourne, Victoria's third road death ...

Bundamba burnout driver drunk, unlicensed: police
A 31-year-old man allegedly twice evaded police who spotted him doing burnouts near Ipswich early Monday while drunk and unlicensed, before being ...

Ford App Helps Drivers Find Parking and More as Automaker Seeks Year-Round Consumer Relationship
Ford no longer wants to just sell people cars. The automaker wants to help drivers find parking places and share rides, and even speak to drivers ...

Nvidia GPU driver bug could expose your Chrome Incognito porn browsing
... anyone expecting incognito mode to hide their browsing on a shared computer". Evan says: So how did this happen? A bug in Nvidia's GPU drivers. ...

Trial delayed for police van driver in Freddie Gray case
Caesar Goodson's case has been complicated after a judge ruled that another officer must testify against him

Tesla Announces Plans For Self-Driving Cars… Without A Driver
... the latest firmware release and it contains a bombshell update. We noted that the new firmware includes the Summon feature which allows drivers ...

Some Drivers Don’t Want Insurance Companies Tracking Them, Even If It Means Discounts
A longstanding complaint against auto insurance is that it sometimes lumps in drivers based on things — like location, type of car, and age — ...

Almost Half Of California Driver’s Licenses Went To Illegal Immigrants In 2015
Almost Half Of California Driver’s Licenses Went To Illegal Immigrants In 2015