ODBC Connection

when starting a application outside of Powerbuilder environment through a
compiled executable i get the following error message

DBMS ODBC not supported in your current installation

could some one tell me how to solve the problem

Barretto VN

0
vnb

http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47750

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 17:08:21 -0800, "vnb" <vnb400@hotmail.com> wrote:

>when starting a application outside of Powerbuilder environment through a
>compiled executable i get the following error message
>
>DBMS ODBC not supported in your current installation
>
>could some one tell me how to solve the problem
>
>Barretto VN

Jim O'Neil
Principal Technical Support Engineer
Sybase, Inc.
Concord, MA
0
joneil
2/18/2003 12:00:50 PM
Do you have the ODBC connection set-up on the PC on which the executable is
running?
KM
"vnb" <vnb400@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> when starting a application outside of Powerbuilder environment through a
> compiled executable i get the following error message
>
> DBMS ODBC not supported in your current installation
>
> could some one tell me how to solve the problem
>
> Barretto VN

0
KMetz

not connected when I am connected

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

ODBC Connections with PowerBuilder
This is actually a follow up to my previous "PB5.0 Connection to Watcom DB." We upgraded the PB libraries to 5.0.04 and were able to solve the "The allocation of the connection handle failed" problem. However, the "The command extension block could not be allocated" still happens when: 1) Start a PB application with an ODBC connection and leave it running. 2) Start and end a second PB application with an ODBC connection. 3) Repeat step 2 24 times. 4) When the second app is started the 25th time we get the "The command extension block could not ...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

OpenIngres-ODBC-Powerbuilder Connectivity
Hi, Can somebody help me with using Powerbuilder5/6 on win95 with OpenIngres 1.1 on VAX/VMS. The relevant details are as follows : I. Hardware & Software involved: --------------------------------- 1. VAX 4105 as the database server with VMS 5.5-2 2. Intel Pentium MMX 200 based PC (Digital 3100) with Microsoft Windows 95 ver 4.00.1111 3. Network protocol - TCP/IP on client as well as the server 4. OpenIngres 1.1 5. Powerbuilder 6.0/5.x 6. Intersolv ODBC drive for OpenIngres ver 3.00 7. OpenIngres/Net ver 1.2 on Windows 95 (includes Visual DBA) II. Activities carried...

Powerbuilder ODBC Connection Details
One of our customers has asked me to supply a detailed description of how our application connects with their database. Powerbuilder provides such easy database connectivity that, well, I've never really thought about the nuts and bolts of connecting. When "SQLCA.DBMS= ODBC" and an ODBC DSN is specified, what files, etc., does the pb runtime expect to read? Any other details are appreciated. Thanks, Doug 1) The ODBC system files. This is so deeped rooted into the the Windows OS that I cannot list the specific files. The ODBC system files are included in ...

Number of connections connected
hi, all I can limit the user connections to my sybase. But how can I know how many connections currently connected to my sybase ? Regards, Keene Hui Kenneth Hui wrote: > I can limit the user connections to my sybase. Do you mean on a per user basis? If so, no. > But how can I know how many connections currently connected > to my sybase ? 'sp_who' or 'select * from sysprocesses' will show the current connections. -am � 2001 ...

OpenVPN no connectivity after connecting
My goal with the OpenSuSE machine I have set up is to be an OpenVPN server. So far so good, I have started the server and I am able to connect a Mac client (running TunnelBlick) to the server. However the client doesn't have any connectivity, I can't ping any addresses for example. The server is set up for bridging instead of routing as I want the remote client to get an IP address in the same range as the rest of the LAN. The client is getting an IP address from the range specified in my server.conf file, so that's a start, but the client can't talk to anyone. ...

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Connection within connection
I have a table that stores general information on employees. I have a related table that stores actions of those employees. What I would like to do is make a list of employees + their actions. I wanted to do something like this: Dim cnAccess As new OleDbConnection("provider=...") cnAccess.Open() Dim sSelect As String sSelect = "SELECT * FROM tblEmployees" Dim cmdSelect as New OleDbCommand(sSelect, cnAccess) Dim drEmployees As OleDbDataReader drEmployees = cmdSelect.ExecuteReader() Do While drEmployees.Read() 'get name 'ge...

@@connections and user connections
Hi! I've a doubt, I hope you can help me. I've ASE 11.9.3 on HP-UX 11.0. The problem is at times, when an user run an aplication, soon afterwards system log out him. I checked the log and I found the next error: 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.32 server Error: 1601, Severity: 21, State: 3 01:00000:00008:2000/06/28 11:15:27.33 server There are not enough 'user connections' available to start a new process. Retry when there are fewer active users, or ask your System Administrator to reconfigure SQL Server with more user connections. But, the point is I...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

Faith: Spirits lift in connection with home
We need to more adequately understand the spirituality of our unique place on earth.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Rey in 'Star Wars' Obi-Wan Kenobi connection - Business Insider Deutschland
We've laid out the theory about the most mysterious new hero of 'Star Wars.'

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American