ODBC connection to Access Database

We are upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to
connect to an MS Access database usingPowerBuilder 7.
The connection to SQL 7 works fine.
Although the ODBC connection has been set up when I try to
connect to the Access DB I get an error message that the
connection does not exist.
Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC driver needed to
enable me to connect, or anything else that I can do to fix
this issue.
Susan

Does this problem occur in the PB IDE at design time, or just at runtime? If
just at runtime, you could look at the design time settings and copy them
over to ensure that they are exactly the same.

Sanjiv.

<Susan> wrote in message news:41c04030.69ee.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to
> connect to an MS Access database usingPowerBuilder 7.
> The connection to SQL 7 works fine.
> Although the ODBC connection has been set up when I try to
> connect to the Access DB I get an error message that the
> connection does not exist.
> Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC driver needed to
> enable me to connect, or anything else that I can do to fix
> this issue.
> Thanks

0
Sanjiv
12/16/2004 7:53:52 AM
The problem occurs at run time during testing. I have used
the same ODBC settings as I did with NT.   I have just
received this note from one of the XP upgrade team.
"Power builder 7.0 app does not connect to MS access 97
database
 using ODBC connection in XME......."
How can I connect to MS Access?
Thanks

> Does this problem occur in the PB IDE at design time, or
> just at runtime? If  just at runtime, you could look at
> the design time settings and copy them  over to ensure
> that they are exactly the same.
>
> Sanjiv.
>

> <Susan> wrote in message
> > news:41c04030.69ee.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
> > upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to connect to
> > an MS Access database usingPowerBuilder 7. The
> > connection to SQL 7 works fine. Although the ODBC
> > connection has been set up when I try to connect to the
> > Access DB I get an error message that the connection
> > does not exist. Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC
> > driver needed to enable me to connect, or anything else
> > that I can do to fix this issue.
> > Thanks

0
Susan
12/16/2004 3:23:18 PM
Susan,

Could you post the exact error message you get? Have you ensured that the
Access 97 ODBC drivers are installed on the runtime machine?

I unfortunately do not have an install of PB7 or Access 97 that I can
experiment with easily, so cannot test this out in my environment.

You may also want to check this:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237575

Sorry I can't provide a more definitive answer :-(

Sanjiv.

<Susan> wrote in message news:41c1a861.793a.1681692777@sybase.com...

> The problem occurs at run time during testing. I have used
> the same ODBC settings as I did with NT.   I have just
> received this note from one of the XP upgrade team.
> "Power builder 7.0 app does not connect to MS access 97
> database
> using ODBC connection in XME......."
> How can I connect to MS Access?
> Thanks
>

>> Does this problem occur in the PB IDE at design time, or
>> just at runtime? If  just at runtime, you could look at
>> the design time settings and copy them  over to ensure
>> that they are exactly the same.
>>
>> Sanjiv.
>>

>> <Susan> wrote in message
>> > news:41c04030.69ee.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
>> > upgrading from NT to XME and I am not able to connect to
>> > an MS Access database usingPowerBuilder 7. The
>> > connection to SQL 7 works fine. Although the ODBC
>> > connection has been set up when I try to connect to the
>> > Access DB I get an error message that the connection
>> > does not exist. Is there a newer PowerBuilder SQL ODBC
>> > driver needed to enable me to connect, or anything else
>> > that I can do to fix this issue.
>> > Thanks

0
Sanjiv
12/17/2004 5:01:58 AM
Thank you, I have passed this information on to the people
setting up the XP environment.

> Susan,
>
> Could you post the exact error message you get? Have you
> ensured that the  Access 97 ODBC drivers are installed on
> the runtime machine?
>
> I unfortunately do not have an install of PB7 or Access 97
> that I can  experiment with easily, so cannot test this
> out in my environment.
>
> You may also want to check this:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us
> ;237575
>
> Sorry I can't provide a more definitive answer :-(
>
> Sanjiv.
>

> <Susan> wrote in message
> news:41c1a861.793a.1681692777@sybase.com... >
> > The problem occurs at run time during testing. I have
> > used the same ODBC settings as I did with NT.   I have
> > just received this note from one of the XP upgrade team.
> > "Power builder 7.0 app does not connect to MS access 97
> > database
> > using ODBC connection in XME......."
> > How can I connect to MS Access?
> > Thanks
> >

> >> Does this problem occur in the PB IDE at design time,
> or >> just at runtime? If  just at runtime, you could look
> at >> the design time settings and copy them  over to
> ensure >> that they are exactly the same.
> >>
> >> Sanjiv.

> to >> > an MS Access database usingPowerBuilder 7. The
> the >> > Access DB I get an error message that the
> connection >> > does not exist. Is there a newer
> PowerBuilder SQL ODBC >> > driver needed to enable me to
> connect, or anything else >> > that I can do to fix this
> issue. >> > Thanks

0
Susan

ODBC Connection parameter for ASA database for FireDac Connectivity
Hi , we are migrating our Delphi application from BDE to FireDac and during the database connectivity in BDE we have used below ODBC connection code parameter: ====================================== Connection definition parameters for BDE ===================================== DATABASE NAME = Globalware.db ODBC DSN= Globalware32 OPEN MODE=READ/WRITE BATCH COUNT=200 MAX ROWS=-1 SCHEMA CACHE SIZE=8 SCHEMA CACHE TIME=-1 SQLPASSTHRU MODE=SHARED AUTOCOMMIT ENABLE SCHEMA CACHE=FALSE ENABLE BCD=FALSE ...

Connection to Access query works in developer envir, but not on the web <OleDbException (0x80004005): ODBC--connection to 'ODBC' failed>
I am VERY frustrated with a seemingly simple problem.  I am creating a gridview in VWD (express or studio), then connecting to a query within an Access Database.  The results of the query display without problem in the developer envirornment, but simply will not display when copied out to the website.  The ODBC connection that the Access Database is using fails even on the local machine.  I have spent fruitless hours looking at all security settings in IIS and the effected folders.  I could re-write all the access queries in SQL and connect to the server direct...

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

not connected when I am connected

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Can't connect to Access Data Base with ODBC connection
I am using Visual Web Developer and trying to connect to an Access data base in the code behind page  Default.aspx.vb.    I can't connect to my data base with the following code: Dim connectionstring As String connectionstring = _ "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\asp\test02\App_Data\company.mdb;User Id=admin;Password=;" Dim myConn As OdbcConnection = New OdbcConnection(connectionstring) myConn.Open()   I alwasy get :   "Data Source not found and no default driver found:.   Does anyone know what I am doing wrong ?? Check ou...

how to connect to database access without using odbc?
Have any way to connect database direct to database file or using runat server. its easy when using sqlserver but how its happen when using database access?Percaya pada kebolehan sendiri Access is a file database, not a server. This brings certain limitations. Also, you do NOT use access. You use the JET engine. And the engine lives - in the driver. So, no, you are stuck with Odbc or OleDb.Thomas TomiczekPowerNodes ApS(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)---Building a Website? Try the PowerNodes CMS - http://www.powernodes.com/ Oh, in addition: http://www.connectionstrings.com/Thomas Tomiczek...

Wifi connection and database connection
What is the solution to recovering the connection to a remote database (i.e. in a wifi environment due to loss of coverage or in case the machine goes into standby)? Could we check for specific SQLDBCodes? Do we need to destroy the SQLCA or is there a workaround? ...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Web resources about - ODBC connection to Access Database - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome: CPRS researchers study auditory connection
For 16 years Kerry Whyman ``secretly&quot; thought she had bone cancer and was dying secretly because she'd stopped telling doctors how much ...

Fictional Lawyers Use Their Family Connections Too
This film character had a family connection to his lawyer.

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

Addappt now lets you block contacts and connections
... gives you even more control than before. New features Block a current contact from connecting if they use Addappt down the road Block a connection ...