ODBC Connection Error

Good Day!

We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as
COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view
chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component
created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is OK.
I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment
of a COM component.

I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc
connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my
odbc setup or i was not avle to install some drivers ?

But I'm getting a error
"Error Encountered but no error code return by statement" my data include
chinese character sets.  But the said erros was not being envountered in
other machines.

Thanks.
0
spirit

Why not use the native driver to SQL Server (either MS or Sybase). ODBC
deployment is a little more pain in the (*&^%^.
Not to mention slower performance!

Regards ... Chris
Great White North Technical Evangelist

<spirit> wrote in message
> Good Day!
>
> We're having a problem with our deployment for NV comoponents deployed as
> COM components in COM+. There are deployments where in we can't view
> chinese characters which was retrieve from a datastore in a COM component
> created in PB 8.0.1. But there are instances where in the deployment is
OK.
> I've included all files the help file is saying are needed for deployment
> of a COM component.
>
> I tried to retrieve the data using select * from table in PB using odbc
> connectin for SQL Server. With this maybe im having some problem with my
> odbc setup or i was not avle to install some drivers ?
>
> But I'm getting a error
> "Error Encountered but no error code return by statement" my data include
> chinese character sets.  But the said erros was not being envountered in
> other machines.
>
> Thanks.

0
Chris
9/26/2002 12:30:26 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I've though about that but where really dont have that enough time right
now to re depploy all of
our components to our client. Hmmnn anyways if we dont arrive in a concrete
solution
theres nothing i can do about it i guess.

I hope u have another suggestion.

Thanks once again

Best Regards
0
Spirit
9/26/2002 2:46:33 PM
Run an ODBC trace and a PowerBuilder database trace (ie.,
transactionobject.DBMS = "TRACE ODB") which should help you narrow the
problem.

/ck

<Spirit> wrote in message
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I've though about that but where really dont have that enough time right
> now to re depploy all of
> our components to our client. Hmmnn anyways if we dont arrive in a
concrete
> solution
> theres nothing i can do about it i guess.
>
> I hope u have another suggestion.
>
> Thanks once again
>
> Best Regards

0
Chris
9/27/2002 1:17:50 AM
Thanks Crhis.
0
Spirit

[connect error] Interbase Connect Error
In ODBC connect test is successfully.. but in PowerBuilder 6.5 Database Profiles is displayed error message.. Error Message is SQLSTATE = 40001 [Easysoft][Interbase]Dynamic SQL Error, SQL error code = -91, feature is not supported What means this message? Now I use PowerBuilder 6.5 & Interbase 5.6... Just I choose - Profile Name - Data Source --> This is ODBC DNS..(user DNS) - User ID - Password Does it need more? ...

not connected when I am connected

ODBC error: external error, while testing an ODBC connection to an ASE server
"The connection failed because of invalid or missing external configuration data." Does this have to do with the configuration of OCS-12_0 or the ocscfg.exe? Running ocscfg.exe, I've set the "SYBASE:" directory to "C:\sybase" but it doesn't seem to like it when I set the "Sybase_OCS:" to "C:\sybase\OCS-12_0". I don't know if this is related. Another idea - on the install I chose "No" to updating the msvcrt.dll (the MS C Runtime) because I've seen that hose a system before. Is this file safe to overwrite and ca...

Connection error
We have see the message: Connection error - An error occurred during the TCPIP connection attempt twice now. The first time was a laptop that had not been used in a while. Now we are seeing the same message while trying to connect to a computer where ASA has just been installed. brian Brian Howard wrote: > We have see the message: > > Connection error - An error occurred during the TCPIP > connection attempt > > twice now. The first time was a laptop that had not been > used in a while. Now we are seeing the same message while > trying to connec...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Internal connection fatal error and other random db connection errors
Hi guys!My newly built website has just recently went online,but sometimes I face errors (randomly) like these: System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.System.InvalidOperationException: There is already an open DataReader associated with this Command which must be closed first.System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Cannot find table 0System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.System.InvalidOperationException: ExecuteNonQuery requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is closed.System.InvalidOper...

"Transaction not connected" error trying to connect to an ODBC database via PB7 Com in MTS
Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. Seems like a rudimentary issue. Any tutorials or white papers re PB7/MSSqlServer 6.5/MTS? Any help apprecicated. -bac More details... DTS IS running on SQL Server. "Robert A. Chauvin" wrote: > Non-database com object in MTS works aok, but connecting to a MSSQL > Server database fails with "Transaction not connected" error. > > Seems like a rudimentary issue. > > Any tutorials or white pap...

Connection error while connecting to TXT file
Hi, I want to connect to tab delimited txt database file while page loading using following code.  I am getting following error. "Could not find installable ISAM." Please advise.   Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim cn As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};Dbq=" & Server.MapPath("~\EXCEL\") & ";Extensions=txt;")cn.Open() [[[[[ Getting error here ]]]]]]] Dim sql As String sql = "select dist...

ODBC error by connect
I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power Builder, I manage to connect and access the Database, but when I run the application without Power Buider, or of the executable, it show me mistake message: "999DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current instalation". How can I solve this problem? PBODBxx.dll is not installed or on the path. /ck <John_O'brien> wrote in message news:FA45F1550D806FFB00723AD185256B7C.00723B3985256B7C@webforums... > I created a local Database (Sybase). When I run my application by Power > Builder, I...

ODBC Connect Error
Hello, I have developed an application in PB 6.0. It has compiled successfully. The application connects to the SQL Anywhere database without any problems in the development environment, but will not connect in the distributed environment. Below is the error that I am receiving. Any help would be greatly appreciated. DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Text: DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation. I have installed the Sybase SQL Anywhere software directly from the installation diskettes provided with PB 6.0. I have also created an entry for the DSN in the control ...

Web resources about - ODBC Connection Error - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire
CNN Arrest made in connection with California mosque fire CNN (CNN) A California man was arrested Saturday in connection with a fire at a ...

"News Feed" For Slower Connections: Facebook's Strategy To Build A Stronger User Base
The changes in News Feed will more efficiently show relevant stories in a slow connection and let users compose comments when they are offline. ...