No Connection with MSSQL Server 6.5

Hi

I can connect with MSSQL Server 6.5 running an application in the
PB-IDE.
As well I can add and modify rows in a datawindow/database-table.

But running as an exe-file I get the following error:
No connection with Database:
sqlcode: -1
dqldbcode:999
sqlerrtext:DBMS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x is not supported in your
current installation.

What is wrong?

Thanks a lot.

Best regards
Andreas

0
Andreas

Hi

Please don't spend time on this. I found it out myself.
I forgot to deploy the MSSQL Runtimelib. (PBMSS60x .DLL)

Best regards

Andreas Keiser wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can connect with MSSQL Server 6.5 running an application in the
> PB-IDE.
> As well I can add and modify rows in a datawindow/database-table.
>
> But running as an exe-file I get the following error:
> No connection with Database:
> sqlcode: -1
> dqldbcode:999
> sqlerrtext:DBMS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x is not supported in your
> current installation.
>
> What is wrong?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Best regards
> Andreas

0
Andreas

Q: ASA 6.03 & Proxy Tables (connecting to MSSQL SERVER 6.5...)
Hi, I created some proxy tables to access data on a MSSQL server 6.5 db. I created some remote servers in order to create the proxy tables. I got this error using "Microsoft SQL Server" as Server Class: "Unable to connect to Server <server name>: can't find method mssql.IsConnected". Do anyone knows the reason of this message ? Using "Generic Server" as Server Class solved the problem but I don't think it's the right manner. In a Power++ application I used two queries with the method WQuery::Execute(): --- 1st query: ---------...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

PB 6.5 Apps Connection to MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

6.5 Client connecting to 6.0 Server
Can I use the groupwise 6.5 client to connect to a 6.0 server? Nope, older clients to newer agents, never the reverse Cheers Dave -- Dave Parkes [NSCS] Occasionally resident at http://support-forums.novell.com/ ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

connect pb10.5 to ms sql server 6.5
I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Native driver. It is still possible to connect but you will need alternate connectivity options such as ODBC or OLEDB. deucerider01 wrote: > I'm getting 'dbms not supported...." trying to connect. Is it > possible to connect pb10 to sql server 6.5? On Dec 8, 2:01=A0pm, "Chris Keating (Sybase iAnywhere)" <keating_nos...@sybase.com> wrote: > PB 10 and later dropped support for MSS Nat...

Web resources about - No Connection with MSSQL Server 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Miss Golden Globe role
requires showbiz connections
One constant about the Golden Globes (tonight at 8 on WHDH, Ch.

10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks
CNN 10th person arrested in connection with Paris attacks CNN (CNN) Belgian police have arrested a 10th person in connection with last month's ...

Should auld connections be forgot...
This environmental testing company has strict data-retention requirements and they go beyond the data, reports a pilot fish on the scene. "Per ...