Newsgroup Consolidation

Everyone,

On on August 1, 2010, this newsgroup (along with a number of other
PowerBuilder newsgroups) will be set to read-only and archived.  The
group names will remain the same for reference, but no new posts will be
allowed to this group.  This is part of an ongoing effort by Sybase to
keep our newsgroups fresh and make sure all questions are answered.

Please submit all question on general topics to the
sybase.public.powerbuilder.general newsgroup.  Futures questions should
be directed to sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion.  Any .NET
questions should be posted to sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.

The archived newsgroups will be:

sybase.public.chinese.powerbuilder.general
sybase.public.powerbuilder.appserver_plugin
sybase.public.powerbuilder.connectivity
sybase.public.powerbuilder.database
sybase.public.powerbuilder.distributed
sybase.public.powerbuilder.ejbclient
sybase.public.powerbuilder.french.general
sybase.public.powerbuilder.inet-dev-toolkit
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.assembly
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webservice
sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.winform
sybase.public.powerbuilder.objects
sybase.public.powerbuilder.ole-ocx-activex
sybase.public.powerbuilder.pbni
sybase.public.powerbuilder.powerscript
sybase.public.powerbuilder.rte
sybase.public.powerbuilder.source_control
sybase.public.powerbuilder.spanish.general
sybase.public.powerbuilder.web-pb
sybase.public.powerbuilder.webservices
sybase.public.powerbuilder.web-targets
sybase.public.powerbuilder.xml

--
Jonathan Baker
Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN)

http://www.sybase.com/developer
bakerj@sybase.com
0
Jonathan

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Connecting Jaguar object to connection cache from PowerBuilder
I have the following code in PowerBuilder Jaguar User Object Activate event to connect to the transaction object to tea_thin Oracle connection cache which is working successfully. It fails to connect to database and the server log shows connect failed. Any help at the earliest will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time. -Hitesh -------------------------------------------- ErrorLogging erlinfo_base this.GetContextService("TransactionServer", & txnsrv) this.GetContextService("ErrorLogging", & erlinfo_base) SQLCA.DBMS = "JDS" ...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Newsgroup consolidation
Everyone, On on August 1, 2010, this newsgroup (along with a number of other EAServer newsgroups) will be set to read-only and archived. The group names will remain the same for reference, but no new posts will be allowed to this group. This is part of an ongoing effort by Sybase to keep our newsgroups fresh and make sure all questions are answered. Please submit all question on this topic to the group sybase.public.easerver.general. The other groups are: sybase.public.easerver.j2ee sybase.public.easerver.spanish.general sybase.public.jaguar.cts sybase.public.powerdynam...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Newsgroup for Powerbuilder
Dear All, Could you tell me what is the News Group for powerbuilder related problems. Regards Kibria There is a whole family of them, powersoft.public.powerbuilder.* (general, database, datawindow, etc.) -bret Kibria wrote: > Dear All, > > Could you tell me what is the News Group for powerbuilder related problems. > > Regards > Kibria ...

Connection from PowerBuilder
I tried a connection to a server NT with ASA 6.0 from a client with PowerBuilder 5.003 or 6.5 via ODBC drivers and I have this message error : sqlstate=S0801 [SYBASE] ODBC Driver [Adaptative Server Anywhere] communication link failure : communication error. Any suggestions ? Gilles ARNAL. ...

Newsgroup consolidation
Everyone, On on August 1, 2010, this newsgroup (along with a number of other PowerBuilder newsgroups) will be set to read-only and archived. The group names will remain the same for reference, but no new posts will be allowed to this group. This is part of an ongoing effort by Sybase to keep our newsgroups fresh and make sure all questions are answered. Please submit all question on general topics to the sybase.public.powerbuilder.general newsgroup. Futures questions should be directed to sybase.public.powerbuilder.futures.discussion. Any .NET questions should be posted to syb...

connect to a newsgroup
I want to connect to a newsgroup - rec.sport.paintball- and I just use outlook express to connect to newsgroups. I cant connect to the newsgroup and have tried all the different names I can think of. Any suggestions? well I havent found a newsgroup that carries it yet Ill try that one. Thanks "Don Voorhees" <abuse@12078.net> wrote in message news:pan.2004.06.08.06.33.44.332094@12078.net... > Wandering aimlessly around the group, I heard TheNewbieTitan mention: > > > I want to connect to a newsgroup - rec.sport.paintball- and I just use > > outlook ...

connect by powerbuilder
I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your current installation " how I do to solve it ? I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . thank you! devid wrote... > I download a ASE12.5 and install it on my machine , but when I connect it > by pb6.5 , it tell me "dbms syc sybase system 10/11 is not support in your > current installation " > > how I do to solve it ? > > I work in ASE12.5 and nt4.0+sp6.0 and pb6.51 . This mea...

Connections in PowerBuilder
Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or more) connections? regards Kjell Brandes I answered this in another section. Please don't cross-post. On Tue, 7 Nov 2000 15:51:47 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Kjell Brandes <kjell.brandes@sem@con.se> wrote: >Is there any whay to create two cursors (nested cursors) at the same time >against the same connection in powerbuilder, or do I have to declare two (or >more) connections? >...

Web resources about - Newsgroup Consolidation - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Trade Union and Labour Relations (Consolidation) Act 1992 ( c 52 ) is a UK Act of Parliament which regulates British labour law . The Act ...

Facebook Storefront Consolidation: Payvment Closing Up Shop, Directs Clients To Ecwid
Social commerce platform Payvment is shuttering its Facebook storefront business, but its clients will not be left in the cold, as the company ...

Buddy Media Raises $54 Million Fourth Round That Could Further Fuel Facebook Marketing Consolidation
In a move that could accelerate the consolidation of ecommerce, marketing games, and Facebook Ads API companies into Page management giants, ...

Buy or be bought? Does convergence man consolidation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Qantas Spending On Maintenance Consolidation
Qantas to spend $30m on Brisbane engineering base

New highs in solar market consolidation
The top PV countries now account for 80% of global demand, with China and the US to set a new record this year with a 54% share.

Booming coffee market moves into consolidation phase
The retail coffee sector is estimated to be worth $3.2 billion a year so there is no wonder it attracts the likes of Retail Food Group.

Carlsberg plans Euro-wide consolidation of SAP systems with Accenture
Carlsberg, one of the world's leading brewery groups, has selected Accenture to consolidate its SAP systems across its European operations into ...

Data Centre Consolidation Restructures Your IT Costs for Continued Growth

David Gallop places consolidation of A-League high on agenda
David Gallop knows his major medium-term task as Football Federation Australia chief executive is to oversee a stable period and to bring commercial ...