MSS MS SQL Server 6.x

Hello, I have PowerBuilder 6.5.1 and SQLServer 7.0....I want to know if I
can use the MSS MS SQL Server 6.x database interface installed for to access
my server?, Could I have problems for using a diferent version ?.

Oscar

You shouldn't have any problems.  The only restriction is that you won't be
able to use any of the new SQL7 datatypes.

Simon

Oscar Miranda <omiranda@prosoftmx.com.mx> wrote in message
> Hello, I have PowerBuilder 6.5.1 and SQLServer 7.0....I want to know if I
> can use the MSS MS SQL Server 6.x database interface installed for to
access
> my server?, Could I have problems for using a diferent version ?.
>
> Thanks

0
Simon

A Problem to Connect SQL Server 2000 Through MSS MS SQL Server 6.x Interaface
Hi, We have two SQL Server 2000 database servers. I have no problem to connect serverA through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. But I cannot connect to serverB through MSS MS SQL Server 6.X. I tried to connect to serverB through ODBC. It is connected well, but there was error message said "Catalog tables could not be created and are not available for use." My PowerBuilder version is 7.0.2 and build 8046. Mindy ...

MSS MS SQL Sever 6.X native interface for MS SQL Server 7.0 ?
Is MSS MS SQL Server 6.X, the native interface to use in db-painter for MS SQL Server 7.0? It works fine but is it right? OLE DB also works fine but RESELECTROW does not work in our app. with OLE DB. Regards, Henrik Peder Madsen DM Software ...

OLE DB vs. MSS MS SQL Server 6.x to MSS 7.0 DBMS
I'm looking for info on the pros and cons of using OLE DB to connect to a MSS 7.0 database compared to using the native database driver. I've tried it both ways, and they both seem to work for client our client server apps. It seems as though the native MSS 6.x driver is easier to configure. And we appear to be able to read and write data OK. Are there any gotchas lurking out there? Can anyone provide a reference? Thanks, Marvin Young marvy@atg.wa.gov ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp I just finis...

PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)
Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2005? The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2000. It is work fine. John Hi John; AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be 1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set. 2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS20...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

ConnectTimeOut for MSS MS SQL Server 6.x driver?
Does a DBParm exist for MSS MS SQL Server 6.x driver that will allow me to specify a maximum wait time when attempting to connect to a MS SQL Server? A failed connection (e.g. the SQL Server doesn't exist) seems to timeout after 60 seconds, but I'd like to shorten that to 10 seconds. Thanks! - David ...

Is MSS Ms Sql Server 6.x in PB 11
We have application in pb 6.5 that we are looking into migrating to pb 11. We currently use MSS Native interface to connect to MS sql 2000/2005. Is this still valid in pb 11 or do we need to switch to Ole DB .. There is a new native SQL Server driver in PowerBuilder 11 that supports the SNC interface. The MSS driver is no longer supported but you can use the SNC driver instead. Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 8 Oct 2007 10:46:38 -0700, mmenta wrote: >We have application in pb 6.5 that we are looking into >migrating to pb 11. We currently use MSS Native interface to &g...

MS SQL Server 2005 Compatability with Powerbuilder 6.x
We currently use Powerbuilder 6.0 with SQL Server 2000. We want to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Does anyone know if SQL Server 2005 is compatible with Powerbuilder 6.0? Thanks in advance Raja P <Raja P> wrote in message news:4a88faea.68c5.1681692777@sybase.com... > We currently use Powerbuilder 6.0 with SQL Server 2000. We > want to upgrade to SQL Server 2005. Does anyone know if SQL > Server 2005 is compatible with Powerbuilder 6.0? You shouldn't have any problems, but much depends on the complexity of your application and how it was coded. Since you are l...

MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000
We are migrating from MS SQL Server 6.5 to MS SQL Server 2000. We are using a Native connections and would like to know if there are any issues that we should be aware to do this correctly. TIA Adam Shepherd Are you sure about that? I have not experienced (or heard of) that kind of problem w/ 7.0. There are many other reasons why a table san is performed, but I don't think a numeric data type would cause it... Or are you talking about the PB problem of sending an Integer as 1. -- Kim Berghall Sisu Group, Inc. remove no_spam. no_spam.kberghall@sisugrp.com www.sisugrp...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #6
hi there! I've uploaded my website at online server. which has its database on its local server. Now whenever Im trying to open the website. I get the following message instead of website. "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) " Im using sql server 2000 for database. Asp.net 2.0 Please hel...

PB 6.5 Connection To MS SQL Server 6.5
We have three servers running MS SQL Server 6.5. PB 5.0 applications (both PB client apps and PB apps running on the servers at night as part of batch jobs) have been running on them for a long time. Native drivers are used. I'm starting to replace these apps with PB 6.5 versions of them. With respect to two of the servers, I can connect to the databases from all the new apps - both client PC apps and batch apps. On the third server, I can connect to the databases using the client PC apps only. When the apps in the night job run, the CONNECT statement gets the following error ...

Web resources about - MSS MS SQL Server 6.x - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

NVIDIA Announces Tesla M40 & M4 Server Cards
Slowly but steadily NVIDIA has been rotating in Maxwell GPUs into the company’s lineup of Tesla server cards. Though Maxwell is not well-suited ...

Price Drop: MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your ...
MyAudioStream Pro UPnP audio player and streamer: gather your music collection from your PC, NAS, UPnP servers, Windows Media Player or iTunes ...

Intel Rising; Street Likes Stable Outlook; Server Cracks Appear
... ( MU ) might not move fast enough with the “ 3D Xpoint ” technology the two are developing. Some cracks are appearing in Intel’s server market ...

Twitter faces local computer server demand by Russia
Russia's internet watchdog says Twitter will have to set up local data centres, having previously ruled out such a move as unnecessary.

VertrigoServ is an easy-to-manage WAMP server
Setting up a web server can be a lengthy and complicated process, with so many components to download, set up and manage. A WAMP server (Windows, ...

Poll: 68 Percent Call Hillary Clinton Email Server ‘Illegal’ or ‘Unethical’
Younger voters are the largest demographic saying Hillary Clinton behavior was unethical, and half saying they think she did something wrong ...

Morgan Stanley kicks tires on ARM servers, wants a rival for Intel
A lot has been written about servers based on ARM processors , but there's little data about how many are actually being used in production. ...

Joe’s Crab Shack Tests No-Tipping Policy, Raises Server Wages To $14/Hour
... expand it to all 113 locations in the U.S. To make up for the lost gratuity, the company says it will implement a new set wage practice. Servers ...

Sadelle's Is So Hot That the Servers Are Literally Catching on Fire
Actual flames. Sadelle's, the wildly popular Soho Jewish bakery/bistro from Major Food Group, launched dinner last week with a menu that includes ...