Is is possible to run a .SQL file on SQL Server without converting file contents to a string?

Is it possible to run a .SQL file without converting the contents of the
file to a string and then executing the string? Is it possible to run or
execute the file?

Kevin

You can use the .sql file as an input file to ISQL using the -i switch

"Kevin Wiebe" <kevin.wiebe@riseinc.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to run a .SQL file without converting the contents of the
> file to a string and then executing the string? Is it possible to run or
> execute the file?
> Thanks

0
Andy

connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly.
I dont have the SQL EXPRESS installed instead I have SQL Standard Edition.  I have two SQL Server instances installed.  1- UserLT (this is sql 2000)2- UserLT\SQL2005 (this is SQL 2005 named instance) But when i try to add a database to my VS website project I get the following error: Connection to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL server express 2005 to function properly. please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL: go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkId=4925 I went in Tools>Opetions>DataBase tools>Data Connection>Sql Server Instance Name (...

Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL
re error message>>> "Connections to sql server files" "require sql server express 2005 to function properly" Am trying to go through the MVC tutorial and when I try to add Item in app_data and make a new blank database I get the message in Subject above. I have Sql Developer 2005 installed, not sql serverexpress. My Instance name is DALEHP\SQLDEVELOPER  and I have put that into the Visual Studio 2008 Database options screen. Any ideas on how to make blank database file?   Hi, I assume that you take one of the first tutorials, the one with the...

Error: Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly.
Hi guy'sI downloaded the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express, as well as SQL Server 2005 Express, and I am following the instructions given by sbwalker for the DotNetNuke 4.0.0 Starter Kit and Templates. I've gotten stuck trying to create the first Database.mdf file, I get an error that says:"Connections to SQL Server files (*.mdf) require SQL Server Express 2005 to function properly. Please verify the installation of the component or download from the URL http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=49251Any ideas what I should do? I installed SQL Server before Web Developer, and as far as I c...

SQL Server Express file to Sql Server
I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take?   Thanks for any helpTinyPond TinyPond:I would like to copy the schema and data of a sql server express database file to a SQL Server Database. How can this be done and what steps would I need to take? If you have Express Management Studio, you back backup your database, and them import it to SQL Server (or attach and reattach).Justs open SQL Server Express Management Studio, connect to your Express instanc...

Make Connection String with Direct connection to Sql Server Physical data file(*.MDF) !!!
Hi allplease excuse me for this silly question,following is a properconnection string for connecting to sql server database tahti use in my ASP.NET projects , Server=192.168.0.20;Database=MyDatabaseName;User ID=useris;Pwd=*** Now i want to know is it possible to make a connection string in a way that connects directly to (*.MDF) file of a Sql Server Database!!!???nothing just curiosity.! Thanks in advance.Kind Regards.  Nothing Is Quite Impossible !!!  Not unless you detach the .mdf file and put it in your app_data directory and your hosting provider would have to support tha...

Connection string for default instance of SQL Server 2005, on a box also running a named instance of SQL Server 2000
The box I am trying to connect to is running two instances of SQL Server. There is a SQL Server 2005 instance which is the default. There is a SQL Server 2000 instance which is named 'SQLSERVER'.  I can connect to the SQL Server 2000 instance no problem:<add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC\SQLSERVER;database=mydatabase;user id=****;password=****" /> However,  I am having trouble connecting to the Default SQL Server 2005 instance. I have tried: <add key="ConnectionString" value="server=MYPC;database=mydatabase;user i...

How to run a .sql file in SQL Server 2005 Express Edition.
 Hi All, I have a .sql file with all my queries written in it. Now I want to know, Is it possible to run this sql file in SQL Server 2005 Express Edition like we can do in Oracle? If it is possible then tell me how to do it?Thanx in advance for any kind of help.Regards,Paramhans Dubey. Regards,Paramhans Dubey.Software Developer. You can use sqlcmd utility. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms165702.aspxThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! If you've got SQL Server Management Studio (or the Express version which is a free download from Microsoft), then you can use the ...

Connecting to .MDF file without SQL Server?
I'm currently using an Access database for the ASP.NET 2.0 website I'm developing. My hosting provider runs Windows Server 2003 with the .NET 2.0 framework, but NOT SQL Server or SQL Server Express. Is it still possible to use .MDF files (like .MDB files)? Maybe it's a stupid question, but can't find a definitive answer in any books. Thanks. Hi, Which SQL Server version you are using? 2000 or 2005? If using 2000, you can use MSDE, for 2005 you need to install Express Edition 2005 on the server. Check this link: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/msde/prodinfo.mspx ...

how to apply a sql script file on Sql server 2000 without OSql.exe
Hi guys I need to apply a sql script file on Sql server 2000 by .net 2.0 program. but on the current running machine, there is not Osql.exe file. Do you guys know how to execute the sql file without the command? Is there any way provided in .net library ? Thanks for you response!What a piece of work is MAN.... This Should help.Silverlight-helpVb TipsSpace Coast .Net User Group Hi Ken thanks for your response. if my script file is long with comments,translation. if I combine all text lines in the file into one string to execute on sql, an error will be thrown out. how do you think tha...

how to save file (stored on SQL server) to file/web server?
Hi Experts, I got files stored on SQL server db. I would like to be able to save them onto file/web server. I know how to retrieve them, but not sure how to save to file/web server. Please help. Thanks so much. Below are codes for retrieving file info from sql server:Dim strFileName As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileName")Dim strFileType As String = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQuoteFileID)).Tables(0).Rows(0).Item("QuoteFileType")Dim strFileSize As Integer = Quote.GetQuoteFileByQuoteFileID(CInt(selectedQ...

error creating mdf
Connection to SQL server files (*.mdf) require SQL express 2005 to function properly.  please verify the installation of the component or download from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=49251   I AM GOING TO RIP MY HAIR OUT WITH THIS PROBLEM.  I have reinstalled both sql server express 2005 and VWD about 5 times with the same problem.  please, please, please someone throw me a bone here  and help me resolve this problem.  When I create a new EMPTY website and I rightclick on my website in the solution explorer and choose add item, I chooe SQL Database, I...

Web resources about - Is is possible to run a .SQL file on SQL Server without converting file contents to a string? - sybase.powerbuilder.connection