Help, Help, Help - Setting DataWindow

Hello,

I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7.

All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my SQL
select statement....

That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select" will
be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE".
I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I
was doing.  Kindly advice....

Regards,
John

string new_select

// Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed)
SQLCA.DBMS = "TRACE ODBC"
SQLCA.DBParm =
"ConnectString='DSN=TestBed;UID=_system;PWD=sys',ConnectOption='SQL_OPT_TRAC
E,SQL_OPT_TRACE_ON;SQL_OPT_TRACEFILE,C:\My Documents\SQL.LOG'"

// Connect to the database.
CONNECT USING SQLCA;

// Test whether the connect succeeded.
IF SQLCA.SQLCode < 0 THEN
  MessageBox("Connection..." + "Cannot connect to Cache(TestBed)", &
   SQLCA.SQLErrText, Exclamation!)
  RETURN
Else
  MessageBox("Connection...", &
   "Connected to Cache(TestBed)")
END IF

//Set SQL select statement
new_select = "SELECT name, age, sex FROM SQLUser.Person;"

// Set the SELECT statement for the dw_CACHE
IF dw_CACHE.Retrieve( ) = 0 THEN
  MessageBox("DataWindow...", &
   "There is no data...Creating a new SELECT statement... ")
  dw_CACHE.SetSQLSelect(new_select)
  dw_CACHE.Retrieve()
END IF

0
sybase

You need to use datawindow.SetTransObject( ) method.

So the code should be (  // *** ADDED *** is the start of the changed code )

// *** ADDED ***
dw_CACHE.SetTransObject( SQLCA )
// *** END ADDED ***
IF dw_CACHE.Retrieve( ) = 0 THEN
  MessageBox("DataWindow...", &
   "There is no data...Creating a new SELECT statement... ")
  dw_CACHE.SetSQLSelect(new_select)
// *** ADDED ***
  dw_CACHE.SetTransObject( SQLCA )
// *** END ADDED ***
  dw_CACHE.Retrieve()
END IF

/ck

"sybase" <johntamares@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm new to PB and using a ver. 7.
>
> All I wanted to do for the moment is to set my DataWindow to some of my
SQL
> select statement....
>
> That is, if I click the "Connect" the SQL select statement "new_select"
will
> be viewed into the DataWindow "dw_CACHE".
> I tried lots of experiment and still failed! Below is a short code that I
> was doing.  Kindly advice....
>

> Regards,
> John

> string new_select
>
> // Set the default Transaction object properties (TestBed)
> SQLCA.DBMS = "TRACE ODBC"
> SQLCA.DBParm =

"ConnectString='DSN=TestBed;UID=_system;PWD=sys',ConnectOption='SQL_OPT_TRAC
> E,SQL_OPT_TRACE_ON;SQL_OPT_TRACEFILE,C:\My Documents\SQL.LOG'"
>
> // Connect to the database.
> CONNECT USING SQLCA;
>
> // Test whether the connect succeeded.
> IF SQLCA.SQLCode < 0 THEN
>   MessageBox("Connection..." + "Cannot connect to Cache(TestBed)", &
>    SQLCA.SQLErrText, Exclamation!)
>   RETURN
> Else
>   MessageBox("Connection...", &
>    "Connected to Cache(TestBed)")
> END IF
>
> //Set SQL select statement
> new_select = "SELECT name, age, sex FROM SQLUser.Person;"
>
> // Set the SELECT statement for the dw_CACHE
> IF dw_CACHE.Retrieve( ) = 0 THEN
>   MessageBox("DataWindow...", &
>    "There is no data...Creating a new SELECT statement... ")
>   dw_CACHE.SetSQLSelect(new_select)
>   dw_CACHE.Retrieve()
> END IF

0
Chris

Help Help Help Help Help Help

HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

help help help help

Help Help Help Help

HELP!!!HELP!!!HELP!!!
I try set picture to database and import it to picture control. Why SetPicture funktio dosen�t work? blob b, tot_b integer li_FileNum, loops, i, ret long flen, bytes_read, new_pos string txtname, named string defext = "BMP", Filter = "bitmap Files (*.bmp), *.bmp" ret = GetFileOpenName("Open Bitmap", txtname, named, defext, filter) SetPointer(HourGlass!) flen = FileLength(txtname) li_FileNum = FileOpen(txtname, StreamMode!, Read!, LockRead!) IF flen > 32765 THEN IF Mod(flen, 32765) = 0 THEN loops = flen/32765 ELSE loops = (flen/32765...

HELP HELP HELP
I need EAS 3.0.1 mantainance as soon as possible or at least an updated datawindow.jar. I've already asked the mantainance CD to italian Sybase support but they know nothing about it. If someone from sybase could send me an updated datawindow.jar would be very very appreciated. Please email me to m.mazza@ads.it Thank you Mauro Mazza Research & Develop - Gruppo FINMATICA E-mail: m.mazza@ads.it http://www.ads.it ADS automated data systems - Data Processing S.p.A. Via Del Lavoro, 17 40127 Bologna - Italy tel. +39 051 6307 411 fax. +39 051 6307 498 We expect t...

help help help
after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running well but unluckily it cannot start the adaptive server when installing but backupserver and XP server can install and start it Building Adaptive Server "abc", unable to boot server "abc" server "abc" was not connected anyone can help me Was an errorlog created for this ASE in the ASE install directory? If so, what does it say? Zidane wrote: > after i unload., theni install adaptaive server.......everythings running > well > but unluckily it cannot st...

Help!help!help!
Whether can I set a window to be unmoveable when the application is run,whatever the window is normal or max when it's running?If it may be set,how.... ...

HELP HELP HELP
i need help, i use an dbmaker 3.0 server and now i want to use an client to go on it but i dont have an client(i have dbmaker 3.6 but it don't work) who can help me with the dbmaker 3.0 client (tools,files,drivers) email me kelly.kloen@siteways.nl ...

help! help! help!
I got such errors while installing a new replication server,please help me !Thanks a lot. T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Hardware Exception: c0000005, EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): Thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS) infected with signal -1073741819 T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): ***************STACK TRACE*************** T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): *****thread GLOBAL RS(GLOBAL RS)******* T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038c559 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): unknown function 0x0038bb65 () T. 2003/05/29 14:21:24. (-1): pc: 0x00468934, err_h...

HELP HELP HELP
Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test and install a second time. This time I let the server run the update after registering with Novell. However, upon reboot the server was dorked as it could not read my /usr and /var partitions (fstab was bad). Now here is what changed between my first the second build: I added a separate partition for /usr, that is all. I could really use a hand here. If I can't trust the update mechanism ...... Chris. Chris wrote: > Hi again: Just tested my first test and proceeded to test > and install a second...

HELP, HELP, HELP!!!!
can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me How about some code. Do you have the DBD::pg installed? Send in you code so we can help. Ilya Sterin -----Original Message----- From: aguztyn@cancun.com.mx [mailto:aguztyn@cancun.com.mx] Sent: Monday, April 02, 2001 4:45 PM To: dbi-users@perl.org Subject: HELP, HELP, HELP!!!! can't Install dbd for postgreSQL someboy can help, Me ...

HELP, HELP, HELP
What am I doing WRONG #!/usr/bin/perl -w # # Consilta.cgi # push(@INC,"/var/www/cgi-bin/"); require("cgi-lib.pl"); $|=1; #use strict; use DBI; use CGI; sub avisa_y_salte { my $error = "@_"; print &PrintHeader; print "<h1>Error Inesperado</h1>"; print "<p>$error</p>"; print &HtmlBot; die $DBI::errstr; } my $version="V.20.01"; my $registro="<CENTER><H5><I>Consulta Ciudadana $version 2001. <A HREF=\"mailto:a...

help!help!help!
Sorry to re-post again, Hi, Dean : 1. Are you dialing an ISP or dialing modem pool in side the company? I am dailing an ISP. Because some of my client use this way. 2. Is the Jag server behind a firewall? No, there is no Firwall. 3. Do you have a proxy for the remote component? Yes. 4. What is the syntax of createinstance? ls_class = "p_packagename/n_cst_logon" if not isvalid(inv_logon) then ll_return = g_connect.CreateInstance(inv_logon,ls_class) if ll_return <> 0 then ls_return = ...

help help help
i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot cenk That's a pretty big request. You want a list of everything it is possible to do wrong in PowerBuilder? What you might want to do is search the solved cases infobase on the Sybase web site. On Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:50:32 +0300, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general cenk KIZILDAG <cenk1536@yahoo.com> wrote: >i wanna know the list of compite time errors related to code >correction/programming errors in powerbuilder.thanks lot > >c...

Web resources about - Help, Help, Help - Setting DataWindow - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo