HELP: Connecting using 10.5 w\MS SQL Server\ADO.NET

Hello,

I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from
within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the application,
on the login I am being asked for a Data Source. Is there
something in the .ini file that needs to be tweaked. Here is
a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0 uses:

[Mod]
DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
Database=pdat_1011
UserId=
DatabasePassword=
LogPassword=
ServerName=denison03
LogId=
Lock=
DbParm=
Prompt=0
dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
ArchiveFile=""

Thanks,

LaChandra
0
lfenceroy

In the db-profile check out the preview tab.  That tells you what parameters
are set.  Adjust your program to use those.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://www.pb9books.com
<lfenceroy> wrote in message news:4432bc9c.3a4.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from
> within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the application,
> on the login I am being asked for a Data Source. Is there
> something in the .ini file that needs to be tweaked. Here is
> a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0 uses:
>
> [Mod]
> DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
> Database=pdat_1011
> UserId=
> DatabasePassword=
> LogPassword=
> ServerName=denison03
> LogId=
> Lock=
> DbParm=
> Prompt=0
> dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
> ArchiveFile=""
>
> Thanks,
>
> LaChandra

0
Terry
4/5/2006 4:57:47 AM
Here is the .ini profile adjusted but still does not work:

[Mod]
DBMS=ADO.NET
Database=pdat_1011
UserId=
DatabasePassword=
LogPassword=
ServerName=denison03
LogId=
Lock=
DBParm"Namespace='System.Data.SqlClient',DataSource='denison03'
,Database='PDAT_1011',TrustedConnection=1,PBCatalogOwner='dbo'
,TrimSpaces=1"
Prompt=0
dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
ArchiveFile=""

The error on the login states: Data Source must be provided.
Should there be something creating in the ODBC option for
ADO.NET?

Thanks a bunch...

> In the db-profile check out the preview tab.  That tells
> you what parameters  are set.  Adjust your program to use
> those.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
> <lfenceroy> wrote in message
> > news:4432bc9c.3a4.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> >
> > I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from
> > within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the
> > application, on the login I am being asked for a Data
> > Source. Is there something in the .ini file that needs
> > to be tweaked. Here is a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0
> uses: >
> > [Mod]
> > DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
> > Database=pdat_1011
> > UserId=
> > DatabasePassword=
> > LogPassword=
> > ServerName=denison03
> > LogId=
> > Lock=
> > DbParm=
> > Prompt=0
> > dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
> > ArchiveFile=""
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > LaChandra

0
lfenceroy
4/5/2006 3:03:23 PM
Do you really have:
DBParm"Namespace='S...

If so, you are missing the = sign:
DBParm="Namespace='S...

--

<lfenceroy> wrote in message news:4433ce2b.f7e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Here is the .ini profile adjusted but still does not work:
>
> [Mod]
> DBMS=ADO.NET
> Database=pdat_1011
> UserId=
> DatabasePassword=
> LogPassword=
> ServerName=denison03
> LogId=
> Lock=
> DBParm"Namespace='System.Data.SqlClient',DataSource='denison03'
> ,Database='PDAT_1011',TrustedConnection=1,PBCatalogOwner='dbo'
> ,TrimSpaces=1"
> Prompt=0
> dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
> ArchiveFile=""
>
> The error on the login states: Data Source must be provided.
> Should there be something creating in the ODBC option for
> ADO.NET?
>
> Thanks a bunch...
>
> > In the db-profile check out the preview tab.  That tells
> > you what parameters  are set.  Adjust your program to use
> > those.
> >
> > --
> > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> > http://www.pb9books.com
> > product enhancement requests:
> > http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
> > <lfenceroy> wrote in message
> > > news:4432bc9c.3a4.1681692777@sybase.com... Hello,
> > >
> > > I was able to establish a connection using ADO.NET from
> > > within PowerBuilder, but when I try to run the
> > > application, on the login I am being asked for a Data
> > > Source. Is there something in the .ini file that needs
> > > to be tweaked. Here is a sample of what PowerBuilder 8.0
> > uses: >
> > > [Mod]
> > > DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x
> > > Database=pdat_1011
> > > UserId=
> > > DatabasePassword=
> > > LogPassword=
> > > ServerName=denison03
> > > LogId=
> > > Lock=
> > > DbParm=
> > > Prompt=0
> > > dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
> > > ArchiveFile=""
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > LaChandra

0
Terry
4/5/2006 7:19:18 PM
Hello,

I had forgotten the = sign; however the error message
stating DBMS ADO.NET is not supported. Do we need to install
Microsoft .NET Framework for this to work?

Thanks a bunch...really appreciate your help!

> Do you really have:
> DBParm"Namespace='S...
>
> If so, you are missing the = sign:
> DBParm="Namespace='S...
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> <lfenceroy> wrote in message
> > news:4433ce2b.f7e.1681692777@sybase.com... Here is the
> ini profile adjusted but still does not work: >
> > [Mod]
> > DBMS=ADO.NET
> > Database=pdat_1011
> > UserId=
> > DatabasePassword=
> > LogPassword=
> > ServerName=denison03
> > LogId=
> > Lock=
> > DBParm"Namespace='System.Data.SqlClient'
> > ,DataSource='denison03' ,Database='PDAT_1011'
> > ,TrustedConnection=1,PBCatalogOwner='dbo' ,TrimSpaces=1"
> > Prompt=0
> > dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
> > ArchiveFile=""
> >
> > The error on the login states: Data Source must be
> > provided. Should there be something creating in the ODBC
> > option for ADO.NET?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch...
> >
> > > In the db-profile check out the preview tab.  That
> > > tells you what parameters  are set.  Adjust your
> > > program to use those.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > > http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> > > http://www.pb9books.com
> > > product enhancement requests:
> > > http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

> > > PowerBuilder 8.0 uses: >

0
lfenceroy
4/5/2006 9:41:27 PM
Hello,

I had forgotten the = sign; however the error message
stating DBMS ADO.NET is not supported. Do we need to install
Microsoft .NET Framework for this to work?

Thanks a bunch...really appreciate your help!

> Do you really have:
> DBParm"Namespace='S...
>
> If so, you are missing the = sign:
> DBParm="Namespace='S...
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://www.pb9books.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> <lfenceroy> wrote in message
> > news:4433ce2b.f7e.1681692777@sybase.com... Here is the
> ini profile adjusted but still does not work: >
> > [Mod]
> > DBMS=ADO.NET
> > Database=pdat_1011
> > UserId=
> > DatabasePassword=
> > LogPassword=
> > ServerName=denison03
> > LogId=
> > Lock=
> > DBParm"Namespace='System.Data.SqlClient'
> > ,DataSource='denison03' ,Database='PDAT_1011'
> > ,TrustedConnection=1,PBCatalogOwner='dbo' ,TrimSpaces=1"
> > Prompt=0
> > dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
> > ArchiveFile=""
> >
> > The error on the login states: Data Source must be
> > provided. Should there be something creating in the ODBC
> > option for ADO.NET?
> >
> > Thanks a bunch...
> >
> > > In the db-profile check out the preview tab.  That
> > > tells you what parameters  are set.  Adjust your
> > > program to use those.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > > http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> > > http://www.pb9books.com
> > > product enhancement requests:
> > > http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

> > > PowerBuilder 8.0 uses: >

0
lfenceroy
4/5/2006 9:43:44 PM
That error message indicates that the ADO driver (pbado105.dll) cannot be
found.  You will need .Net framework installed.

--
<lfenceroy> wrote in message news:44342c00.135e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
>
> I had forgotten the = sign; however the error message
> stating DBMS ADO.NET is not supported. Do we need to install
> Microsoft .NET Framework for this to work?
>
> Thanks a bunch...really appreciate your help!
>

>> Do you really have:
>> DBParm"Namespace='S...
>>
>> If so, you are missing the = sign:
>> DBParm="Namespace='S...
>>
>> --
>> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
>> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
>> http://www.pb9books.com
>> product enhancement requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>

>> <lfenceroy> wrote in message
>> > news:4433ce2b.f7e.1681692777@sybase.com... Here is the
>> ini profile adjusted but still does not work: >
>> > [Mod]
>> > DBMS=ADO.NET
>> > Database=pdat_1011
>> > UserId=
>> > DatabasePassword=
>> > LogPassword=
>> > ServerName=denison03
>> > LogId=
>> > Lock=
>> > DBParm"Namespace='System.Data.SqlClient'
>> > ,DataSource='denison03' ,Database='PDAT_1011'
>> > ,TrustedConnection=1,PBCatalogOwner='dbo' ,TrimSpaces=1"
>> > Prompt=0
>> > dbstatus=Model Office Section 1011
>> > ArchiveFile=""
>> >
>> > The error on the login states: Data Source must be
>> > provided. Should there be something creating in the ODBC
>> > option for ADO.NET?
>> >
>> > Thanks a bunch...

0
Terry

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

PB 10.2.0 Connect SQL Server Using ADO.NET Provider
I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 build 6044 . Anyone can help me to figure ot that problem? TIA. John Ho. Can you try to provide details of the problem? <John Ho> wrote in message news:427aeaa1.7f95.1681692777@sybase.com... >I have a problem with connection to SQL Server database > using ADO.NET after upgrading to PB10.2.0 build 8011 runtime > on the client machine. But it worked fine in version 10.0.1 > build 604...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data
HI. We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a MS-SQL Server DataBase. Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we have to use OLE DB to connect to our DataBase. OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are starting to have some unexpected troubles.. For instance: In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB connection give us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server interface), the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"...

connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data
HI. We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a MS-SQL Server DataBase. Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we have to use OLE DB to connect to our DataBase. OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are starting to have some unexpected troubles.. For instance: In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB connection give us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server interface), the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

PB6.5 connect MS SQL 2005 using native driver (DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0)
Is it possible PB 6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2005? The existing application is PB6.5 using "DBMS=MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0" to connect MS SQL 2000. It is work fine. John Hi John; AFAIK .. it should work. The only restrictions would be 1) PB 6.5 will not understand SS2005 functionality. You will be restricted to the SS 6.0 (as you are today with SS2000) feature set. 2) The MSS setting connects using the NTDBLIB.dll from MS. I do not believe that this is supplied with SS2005. So you will need to install the SS20...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

EAServer 6.0 connect to MS SQL SERVER using ODBC Connection
I am currently migrating from EAServer 4.2 to 6.0. I am trying to connect a SQL Server database through an ODBC connection in EAServer 6.0. When I set up the data source and tried to ping the database server, it gives me an error saying it cannot connect to the database. I have tried to change the database type from SQL SERVER to JCM_ODBC and other multiple things to try to connect, but it still fails. The odbc connection is properly set up but I can't seem to connect through EAServer. Any help would be appreciated. Could you please give the log of EAServer6 which is under ...

Not able to connect to SQL SERVER using ADO.NET
Hi, I am trying to connect to SQL SERVER 2000using VS.Net 2003.I ve configured my LOCAL sql sever to use windows authentication(in enterprise manager) Ths is the connection string i use in ADO.net for connection to the database 'test' in the local server.server=(LOCAL);integrated security = SSPI;database=test;1)This gives the following  error...."Login failed for <user name\ASPNET>"2)Also enteprise manager did not allow me to use sql server authentication.Please helpSat Have you added ASPNET as a user in the database? Hi Satishr23. It is possible that your log-in ac...

helps on remote connection to sql server 2005 by ADO.net
I have two database named db1 and db2 on same database server. both of them have same configuration. I am using ADO.net (sqlclient, app will be located on another machine in same domain) to conntect to them. but one of them works fine and the second one gives me an error saying "remote connection are not allowed, error no 40" like that.I check surface Area Configuration and enable local/remote connection. since they are using same server configuration, why one is being connected but another can not be.  and, if I use Visual Studio 2005 (Server Explorer)  to construct a co...

IM 10.5: Connecting to MS SQL Server 2005
Our office is finally moving to SQL 2005. However, I cannot seem to connect. I can connect, but cannot see tables, stored procedures, views, etc. I have tried both SQLOLEDB and SQLNCLI as the provier, but neither seems to work. I am currently running 10.5.1 Build 6684. Any help would be appreciated. I wish I could delete these topics I put out... I figured it out. Once again, my mistake. > Our office is finally moving to SQL 2005. However, I > cannot seem to connect. I can connect, but cannot see > tables, stored procedures, views, etc. I have tried both > SQLO...

Security Error connecting to SQL Server using ADO.net
In our environment, we can successfully connect to SQL server using ADO.net interface, but when we delivered the software to clients, they are having connection errors. Connection parameters all look good. I am not sure what this error is about and unfortunately, the error does not tell much. Thanks in advance for helping me out Below are the details of the error Initial Connection Error Trans Error Code: -1 DBErrorCode:999 DBMS: ADO.Net DB Error Message: System.Security.SecurityException:Request failed. at Sybase.PowerBuilder.Db.Block.OleDbBlock.Connect(String cnnStr,...

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

Web resources about - HELP: Connecting using 10.5 w\MS SQL Server\ADO.NET - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Connecting rod - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a reciprocating piston engine , the connecting rod or conrod connects the piston to the crank or crankshaft . Together with the crank, they ...

COVER BOY: Dec. 15 Issue of ‘Time’ Features Mark Zuckerberg on Connecting the World
The cover of the Dec. 15 issue of Time features a familiar face — that of Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg , the star of a long feature ...

Connecting People to Brands and Products on Mobile
People come to Facebook not only to connect with friends and family but also with products and brands. Here's how we're making it easier to list ...

What stops users from connecting with an app through Facebook?
... This equals 850 million users who connect with apps using Facebook at a 59 percent conversion rate. About 590 million users back out of connecting ...

Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Cold Christmas Bubbles - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle for Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews. ...

Connecting a Relay to Arduino - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Simple circuit to connect a 5V relay to one of the digital output pins of the Arduino. I drew this after a few threads showed up on the Arduino ...

Evidence Connecting Scott Roeder to Operation Rescue Found in Roder's Car - YouTube
Rachel Maddow unveils video evidence from KMBC TV in Kansas City of a note found in Scott Roeder's car at the time of his arrest for the murder ...