get IP Address _ Server Name

Hi , All

Does anyone know how to get IP Address of Server Name ?
Im using PB9.0 and SQL Server 2000
We have four servers and all the same servername(the same SQLCA.servername),
just different IP Address . I would like to get IP address to know what server
the user has connected .

Thanks for helping!

lan

You do a winsock getaddrinfo call:

There's also a GetAddrInfoEx call that might work better (it should be in a
related link on that page).

"lan" <conbuom@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45e5f963@forums-1-dub...
> Hi , All
>
> Does anyone know how to get IP Address of Server Name ?
> Im using PB9.0 and SQL Server 2000
> We have four servers and all the same servername(the same
> SQLCA.servername),
> just different IP Address . I would like to get IP address to know what
> server
> the user has connected .
>
> Thanks for helping!

Bruce

Hi, I am randomly getting the following error message in my application. ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP Address of the server'(10048) ERROR [HY000] [MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Can't connect to MySQL server on 'IP of the server' (10048) I am using .Net 2.0 with VS2005 having ODBC 3.51.14 Driver.  Can any body point out the core reasons of the above error message? Thanks. Nouman Khawaja. I do have the same problem, help me out. Thanks  If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... When I was writing an app in C# I had to download MySQL driver for connecting to MySQL DB. Try downloading the one from http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/dotnet.html or google for: mysql connector netPlease remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you well I've been using this website since a long time. And it didn't prompt this error atleast since last 6 months.Today suddenly it started to display this message.If the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... Well from what I've read on mysql site this driver is old. First I would simply try to download a new driver. Wasn't the MySQL DB engine upgraded when it started to be buggy?Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” if the post helped you Well as I've told you that my site was in running condition since last 6 months. And it was working fine. And today i faced this problem. If the going seems e...

How to get IP address or name of the server?
I need to get the IP address or name of the server that runs my asp.net application. Which class, method should I use? Thanks! Try this: Request.ServerVariables["SERVER_NAME"]Darrell Norton, MVPDarrell Norton's BlogPlease mark this post as answered if it helped you! Thank you very much. I tried "SERVER_NAME", but it gives me more info than I need. I used Request.ServerVariables["HTTP_HOST"] instead. ...

could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused
I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem it would be greatly appreciated drewmalone@hotmail.com wrote: > I'm using a hotmail account and TB returns this error "could not > connect to server (server name); the connection was refused" ware > (server name) is 127.0.0.1 if some one could help with this problem > it would be greatly appreciated > 1st check whether POP/SMTP servers a...

NW65sp7 Server Install Hangs at Server name & ip address
Im installing on new hp ml350G5 and everytime it hangs after i enter the server name... sometimes eventually comes back to ask for ip address, but never gets further than that.. any ideas please Ash -- ashghai ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ashghai, > Im installing on new hp ml350G5 and everytime it hangs after i enter the > server name... sometimes eventually comes back to ask for ip address, > but never gets further than that.. any ideas please > Try unplugging the network cable. - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) ...

Procedure to Move Groupwise server to another server with the same name and IP address.
Can someone verify and identify pitfalls with these steps: 1. Remove directory from source server and unplug from the network 2. Remove drive containing the volume where the domain and post offices are located. There is only one volume called MAIL3 on the drive. 3. Install this drive in the new server with identical name AND IP address 4. Using the volume copy utility, copy the volume from the old drive to a new RAID set. The new volume will retain the old name. The old volume's name will be changed to volume_old 5. Install the new server into the existing NDS tree. 6. Install the Groupwise Agents on the new server, pointing to the domain and post offices. 7. Delete the old gwia object and install the GWIA on the new server. Doyle Collings Network Administrator City of Logan dcollings@loganutah.org Doyle, without commenting the steps; did you check the Netware Migration wizard? http://www.novell.com/documentation/lg/migwiz6/index.html The easiest way to get a Groupwise server to new hardware and/or a new server OS, IMHO. Did that with two of my boxes last friday. Uwe -- Novell Support Connection Volunteer SysOp Please don't send me support related e-mail unless I ask you to do so. I used the migration wizard on another machine a couple of weeks ago. However, I do not want to migrate a bad installation of Netware. That is why I am hoping this is a cleaner solution. Doyle Collings Network Ad...

How can I get IP Address & NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder?
Hello,All: How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... Jim look at : http://utopia.knoware.nl/users/cypr115/ Jean-Paul "Jim" <jim@turnkey.com.tw> wrote in message news:25f#ZzO1$GA.203@forums.sybase.com... > Hello,All: > How can I get IP Address and NetCard Address Using PowerBuilder? > Please give me a hand??Thanks for your help... > > Jim > > Is it Arguments??? I can't understand Arguments... Would anyone tell me!!Thanks! jpf <jpf@basc....

How to get IP Address and ISP name (With county name) using asp.net C#
 Dear FreindsI wanna know about getting IP address and ISP name of the user who get into my web site. Some one with the good detailed C# solution please reply me. If you have made any class for this purpose kindly share it with me. Thank You aliusmankhanC#.NET 3.5Web.DevAJAX  You can get the IP address using Server variables string ip = HttpContext.Current.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"];or this string strHostName = System.Net.Dns.GetHostName();string strIp = System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(strHostName).GetValue(0).ToString();  For getting country ...

How to Get Server IP Address ?
Hi All,  I have the three things for my database DSN Name, userid and password. Even don't know the server IP.How can i get the Database Server Id and Database dump ? I can copy a form on the server. By doing this is there any way to get databse server IP ? Please tell me anybody about this , it's very urgent . Thanks in Adv.   Best Of Luck ......... start > run > cmd > type "ipconfig /all" that will display the ID Config in code: Request.UserHostAddress for a configured app: web.config file? If you have the hostname you can do: start &...

How to get Hostname, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name using Query
As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just identifying the node name and interfaces file and necessary properties, but currently I want to get Host-name, IP address, port number, DB name, instance name of connected server out after connection created. Does any one how to use query to do so? Does sybase provide such functionality? Seems oracle can do so... If there is no query, does sybase provides any API which can implement this? Thanks! instance name: select @@servername [assumes the DBA has defined a local entry in syservers] db name: select db_name() [can be changed with 'use <database>'] ASE host/IP/port# : no way that I'm aware of unless you make a call out to the OS (eg, a shell script) via the XP server, though the external program/script would need to know which interfaces entry you originally accessed; this info could also be determined on the client side and then passed in with the connection (eg, isql's -H option, or as an initial ACF call as the first command once logged in}; must also take into consideration that there can be several 'query' entries in the interfaces file but you won't necessarily know which one your program used to connect to the ASE instance NOTE: ACF == Application Context Function; see set_appcontext(), get_appcontext() Keith wrote: > As we know, normally we connect to a sybase server by just > identifying the node name and interfaces file an...

Getting server IP Address.
Hi. How can I get ASA server IP Address or computer name ? Best Regards. Yossi. run either ipconfig (NT), winipconfig (59/98), config.nlm (Novell, gives node/network and I think also ipaddress), or easier yet, ping the machine name (assuming you know it). Once you obtain this, use this as the Host or MyIP values for tcpip switch i.e. dbsrv6.exe -n <servername> -x tcpip{MyIP=<ipaddress>} -- Ian Bater Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Please reply to newsgroup Yossi Zaig wrote: > Hi. > > How can I get ASA server IP Address or computer name ? > > Best Regards. > Yossi. ...

get read obtain ip mac address name user pc name using vb 2008 and asp
these is the code for obtain ip, mac address, name pc, and user in a client side:Imports System.Net.NetworkInformationPartial Public Class _Default    Inherits System.Web.UI.Page    Declare Function GetUserName Lib "advapi32.dll" Alias "GetUserNameA" (ByVal lpbuffer As String, ByRef nsize As Integer) As Integer    Public Function GetUserName() As String        Dim iRturn As Integer        Dim username As String        userna...

Changing server name and IP address
Would like to know the best route to go in changing the server name and IP address on a SLES 10sp2 with OES2sp1. -- lcpsmark ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ugh. Changing the IP you can use the script 'How to change the IP address on an OES 2 Linux server' (http://www.novell.com/support/php/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7002007&sliceId=1&docTypeID=DT_TID_1_1&dialogID=46974614&stateId=1%200%2046972974) (you may have other services installed that may not be aware of these changes ...

How to get server name or IP@ in SQA5?
In ASA8/9, we have the machinename property that indicates the server computer name. Is there a way in SQA5 to get the same info? I notice that in SQA5, server computer name/IP@ is in the log file, but I can't find a server/db/connection property for this info. Thanks. What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio What's New in Version 8.0.0 New features in version 8 Adaptive Server Anywhere new features "Administration and troubleshooting" .. . . - New diagnostic properties .. . . The following server properties have been added in this ...

How to get IP address/name of the machine
Hi all, I have a requirement to find out IP address/name of the machine to which a given windows user is currently logged on. Is that possible with C#? If anyone has came across sample code please guide me to appropriate resource. Blog: SEO Articles Website: Search Engine Ranking Are you looking for this? Request.UserHostAddress()   Jef Claes~~~~~~~~~~Visit my blog Hi, Please try to use my code: public static string IPAddress { get { string userIP; HttpRequest Request = HttpContext....

Get host name from IP address
does anyone have any simple C# code that can do this?pwpaust Try this.  It's a simple page that looks up both IP and name.  I've put in some data to test with, but you can enter your own text!   <%@ Page Language="C#" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Net" %> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <script runat="server"> protected string DNSLookup(string domain) { string result = string.Empty; try { IPHostEntry ipHe = Dns.GetHostEntry(domain); IPAddress[] ipAd...

How to get IP address what Firefox is connecting to?
Hi there, is any way how to get IP address what Firefox is connecting to? I would like to use it in my extension. I know that I can use nsIDNSService, but I get only a list of IP addresses for given domain name, but don't know what IP adddress of them is browser connecting to. Thanks, Zbynek ...

How to get IP address of ASA Server
I have a server running an ASA database and a PowerBuilder application (running on another computer) connects to that database through ODBC. In the DSN settings in ODBC, I just enter the name of the ASA server and my application connects to it. Is there a way (in PowerBuilder) of knowing the IP address or hostname of the computer where the database is running? Thanks. SELECT PROPERTY ('MachineName') FROM dummy; Saini wrote: > I have a server running an ASA database and a PowerBuilder > application (running on another computer) connects to that > database thr...

Get domain name from IP address
 Hi all,          I want to convert an Ip address to corresponding domain name if any. Do i really need to use some third party components like IP2location .. Guys Please help..   thanks in advanceplease click 'Mark as Answer' if my post helped you. http://forums.asp.net/p/1039283/1443326.aspx#1443326TUFAN01MAN HostName = System.Net.Dns.GetHostName(); IPAddres = System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(HostName).GetValue(0).ToString();Thanks,AdamPlease "Mark as Answer" if this has helped you.  The above link is dead (please check it out) To get host name and ip address use the following code:  ' VB.NETDim myHost As String = System.Net.Dns.GetHostNameDim myIPs As System.Net.IPHostEntry = System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(myHost)Response.Write("The name of the host is = " & myIPs.HostName & "<br />")For Each myIP As System.Net.IPAddress In myIPs.AddressList Response.Write("The IP address of host is = " & myIP.ToString)Next   // C#.NETstring myHost = System.Net.Dns.GetHostName;System.Net.IPHostEntry myIPs = System.Net.Dns.GetHostEntry(myHost);Response.Write("The name of the host is = " + myIPs.HostName + "<br />");foreach (System.Net.IPAddress myIP in myIPs.AddressList) { Response.Write("The IP address of host is = " + myIP.ToString);}    When you ask a question, r...

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

How to get server name and databases name from a server using SQL Command...
can anyone tell meHow to get server name and databases name from a server using SQL Command...i m using sql server 2000(T-SQL)-- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you --  Use @@SERVERNAME to find the server name -select @@SERVERNAME& this to find the current database name -select db_name()M.V. 'Anil' Radhakrishna Web Development Tips, Tricks & Trivia | My Code Gallery Recent article - How To Create a Custom IE8 Accelerator thanks..... -- "Mark As Answer" If my reply helped you --...

help. when using Profile GetPropertyValue, I get the following connection error: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure
 Hi,I need some help. I am getting this error after I complete the asp.net register control and click on the continue button. It crashed when it tries to get it calls this Profile property((string)(this.GetPropertyValue("Address1")));When I look at the stack, it is coming from my ProfileWrapper class which adds user address, city, etc.. from a class which inherits fromSystem.Web.Profile.ProfileBase. From the stack, it is calling the System.Web.Profile and crashed when it tries to open a connection atSystem.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObj...

IP Addressing question
It seems to me that this is an elementary TCP-IP networking question. I must have skipped class for a baseball game that day <g>. I have two networks connected via VPN (watchguard) at two offices: Pittsburgh: 192.168.1.0/24 Cleveland: 192.168.2.0/24 We can communicate over the tunnel between the two networks without problem. However, what I want to do now is to set up a new computer for the branch (2.x) network, but I want to do it *here* in the Pittsburgh network (1.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If I give the server an IP addres...

Getting server IP Address from the client with StoredProcedure
Hi. How can I get ASA server IP Address from the client with Stored procedure, I know how to obtain IP addresses of all the connected users but not the server ? Best Regards. Yossi. You could supply the server's machine_name as an in parameter for the sp, then call xp_cmdshell ('ping <machine_name>) which will then obtain the ip address. However, I'm not sure how you would capture only the relevant information from the ping command. If someone knows how, that takes care of the only stumbling block. Ian Yossi Zaig wrote: > Hi. > >...

Get IP connected terminal server session
Hi everyone, I am new in this group. I hope you can help me. I'm looking for some dll, ole, ocx or PB script that gives me the IP of the remote pc connected to a terminal server session. I have a pb application that will run each time the pc's connect and I need to catch its ip. Thank you in advance ! Cristian That is really not a PowerBuilder question - but more of a MS TerminalServices question. From a PB point of view - you need an API to use. I assume you know how (in general) to use an API from PB - if not - many examples in these newsgroups would be quite h...

Web resources about - get IP Address _ Server Name - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

IPv4 address exhaustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPv4 address exhaustion is the depletion of the pool of unallocated Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addresses. The IP address space is managed ...

Tiahleigh Palmer: Police search Logan address
... in Logan believed to be linked to the disappearance of Tiahleigh Palmer. [ Brisbane Times ] Tiahleigh Palmer: Police search Logan address Date: ...

Xena: Warrior Princess reboot will finally address Xena's sexuality, says writer
Screenwriters says there's no point bringing back series without addressing Xena's relationship with her best friend.

Cisco to address Cyber Security Risks Inhibiting Digital Ambitions at GISEC 2016
Al-Bawaba Cisco to address Cyber Security Risks Inhibiting Digital Ambitions at GISEC 2016 Al-Bawaba Cisco announced its participation in ...

Leak suggests iPhone 7 might actually address the iPhone’s biggest problem
... appeared in countless leaks, and a brand new report brings us more information suggesting that Apple's new iPhone 7 might actually address the ...

Clinton and Trump to address influential pro-Israel group - Videos - CBS News
Hillary Clinton will speak at the AIPAC event in Washington Monday. Clinton and Donald Trump lead the list of candidates speaking to a huge crowd ...

Cisco to address cybersecurity risks hindering digital ambitions at GISEC
Computer News Middle East Cisco to address cybersecurity risks hindering digital ambitions at GISEC Computer News Middle East Cisco announced ...

Obama vigorously defends Merrick Garland as SCOTUS nominee in weekly address
x YouTube Video I fulfilled my Constitutional duty. Now it’s time for Senators to do theirs. I hope that they take the time to reflect on the ...

Sleep With London's Upper Crust At The Poshest Address In Town
LONDON –While modishly ahead of the game, the hotel shines for everything that hasn't changed. It is one of the most established, old-school ...

Trump’s Jeremiah Wright Moment: How The Donald Should Address The Violence At His Events …
In 2008, the video of Jeremiah Wright and reports of his affiliation with the then-Democratic Presidential candidate Barack Obama, drove cable ...