Frontend PB application for a mainframe General Ledger application using Platinum Infosession

Hi,

I am trying to get a project to write a frontend PB GUI application
for a mainframe General Ledger.

I have succeeded to make an example for a login and CEMT list + update
of CICS programs.  The customer requires me to do an example based
on a very small part of the General Ledger so that he can demonstrate
to his colleagues this is viable and this will remove the necessity of
training
for the users to pass through natural and cumbersome mainframe
screens to reach general ledger.  They intend to have the whole of general
ledger
to get a GUI interface...

My question is:
The project looks a bit big and I need info in order to make estimates...
Does any body have experience using Platinum Infosession and PB
together???

How about the insert problem???  Is there a way to turn around it?

I will appreciate any help.

Thanks for your attention.

Ali R+

0
Ali

I have completed the General Ledger example and the customer
is at the stage of decision to ask for a proposal.

I will appreciate if I can get any info related to:
- using Platinum Infosession and PB to write frontend GUI applications for a
mainframe
-any experience about unforeseen technical difficulties
-any info about  project lengths

Again, I will greatly appreciate this.

Ali R+

Ali R+ SARAL wrote in message <5jSO$JKg9GA.154@forums.powersoft.com>...
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to get a project to write a frontend PB GUI application
>for a mainframe General Ledger.
>
>I have succeeded to make an example for a login and CEMT list + update
>of CICS programs.  The customer requires me to do an example based
>on a very small part of the General Ledger so that he can demonstrate
>to his colleagues this is viable and this will remove the necessity of
>training
>for the users to pass through natural and cumbersome mainframe
>screens to reach general ledger.  They intend to have the whole of general
>ledger
>to get a GUI interface...
>
>My question is:
>The project looks a bit big and I need info in order to make estimates...
>Does any body have experience using Platinum Infosession and PB
>together???
>
>How about the insert problem???  Is there a way to turn around it?
>
>I will appreciate any help.
>
>Thanks for your attention.
>
>Ali R+

0
Ali

How to connect a PB application and a VC++ application use method DDE?
I'm programming a DDE application in platform PB5 ,but the task is to use this applicatin establish a connection with VC++5.0 application in method DDE,I don't know how to solve this problem,please give me an advise ,best in detail. Thank you very much! ...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

control a pb application from an other application using a OLE link
hello, I'm a new pb developper and I should create a link between a pb application and other appli. In fact my PB application is a visual application and should be control by others application, but no integrated : just control. It's very easy to do this with a DDE link, but I have heard that OLE automation is better. Is it possible to do this ? (I read some things about problems with visual objects) How can I do this? (I tried to use the PB help book, but I don't anderstand what I have to do...) Thanks for your help... nebka Can you elaborate a bit more on what y...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

pb application deployment of application
ver 10.5 is there an easy way of finding which pb runtime files i need to deploy with my application to create an installation for a customer First of all, check out the PB runtime packager, and documentation in HTML books under application techniques, chapter 40. You can also use tools like process explorer (www.sysinternals.com - now Microsoft) that lists the active DLL's used by an application. Including tools like Dependency Walker (www.dependencywalker.com). (That even integrates with Process Explorer.) Regards Andr� P� Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:04:10 +0100, sk...

Closing Application from PB Application
Hi everybody, I'm trying to find solition for the following. I'm trying to close running application (for example PB application or any other) from another running application (PB application). I tried using GetModuleName Win API function to get handle of the application and then tried to close it using CloseWindoe function - it didn't work. Also tried to send and post messages using value for WM_SYSCOMMAND and SC_CLOSE message - still the same negative result. Does anybody have solution for that looks like simple thing. Unfortunately Powerbuilder allows you to start appli...

About using JDBC connection for Oracle 9i in my PB application
I am trying to use JDBC connection in my PB application. But I get an error: Non SQL Error : Could not load class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver I put classes12.jar and pbjdbc1290.jar in my application directory. I also put them in the directory defined in CLASSPATH in SYSTEM enviroment of win2000. Can anybody tell me how to fix it? Thanks, Joe Tools | System Options | Java tab. Specify your classpath entries there. -- Roy Joe wrote: > I am trying to use JDBC connection in my PB application. But > I get an error: > Non SQL Error : Could not load class > o...

How i call windows application in web application without using dll of windows application
i want to call Windows application in web Application Without using dll of Windows application in ASP.net 2.0  hi!try this: ProcessStartInfo pi = new ProcessStartInfo("app.exe"); pi.CreateNoWindow = true;  Process p = Process.Start(pi); p.WaitForExit(); if (p.ExitCode != 0){//report error } orzeh  code less, think more!...

PB 11.5 application is lower than the same application on PB 9
Hi, We have recently migrated our full source from PB 9 to PB 11.5. We found that the program is running extremely slow. We noticed that it happens mostly when using GUI. There are delays even when tabbing though controls on the screen. We run tracing on both environments, and most of the functions show that the response time is better in PB 11.5, but the experience of using PB11.5 application is very slow anyway. Has anyone experienced the same? On Aug 21, 9:13=A0am, chaau <andrew.chered...@gmail.com> wrote: Sorry, typo in the title. Should be PB 11.5 application is slo...

How do you set the Application Name property in a SQLOLEDB connection using PowerBuilder?
I am trying to set the Application Name property in a SQLOLEDB connection using PowerBuilder. I've noticed that the Application Name property is available in the extended properties of SQLOLEDB, however I have been unsuccessful in setting it using PowerBuilder. I've noticed the Application Name property is automatically set to "PowerBuilder/InfoMaker" when connecting to SQL Server 2000 using SQLOLEDB in the PowerBuilder Development Environment, however I have been unable to determine how this property is set and/or how I can change it. I=92ve tried everything I...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Method to determine which Driver (native, ...) is used by a PB application to connect to Oracle
Hi all, How can I find out if a PB application uses the native driver, odbc driver or other type of driver that allows to connect to an Oracle DB? In particular, I would like to know this for PB 5.0.x , PB 6.5.x, PB 7.0, and the oracle client used is 8.1.6 . Although I know it is not supported, we have some PB 5.0.x, 6.5.x and 7.x applications running properly So far, for what I have been reading, if using the Native driver within the dll's for the application there should be the one corresponding to the oracle client version called pb8*.dll , but I am not sure this is the &qu...

Stop and Start a Web Application using Application Pool contains may Web Applications
Hi, In my IIS 6.0, there is a Application Pool. This Application Pool contains 5 Asp.net Web Application. But I need to stop and restart one particular Web Application. How to do that? What is the process to start and stop a Asp.net Web Application. when the Web Application uses a Application Pool and the Particular Application Pool contains other Web Application as well.?     if you want like that then create separate application pool for each web application. Then you can start and stop one particular web application. Other easy way is just modify the web.config file of you...

Web resources about - Frontend PB application for a mainframe General Ledger application using Platinum Infosession - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Apple patent application reveals exciting possibilities for twin-camera system rumored for iPhone 7
We heard a report in November that Apple was testing an iPhone 7 model with dual rear cameras , and a patent application published today not ...

Panasonic Develops a Stretchable Resin Film and Its Application Materials for Stretchable Electronics ...
A stretchable film is developed. This film stretches to 2.5 times the original length and then returns to the original form. A conductive paste ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Panasonic touch panel production to be solely for vehicle applications by 2020, says report
Panasonic is aiming to transfer its touch panel production completely to vehicle applications by 2020 in order to meet increasing demand for ...