error odbc in powerbuilder 6.5.1

we have an application in powerbuilder6.5.1 with a database Sql server 7, we are
trying to connect ourselves for odbc from powerbuilder and he/she has not been
possible to connect.
should we modernize the odbc dribver in powerbuilder?? if it is this way where
we could find it or like we can make??

jorge ariza suarez
george_ariza@hotmail.com
jorge

What error are you getting? There is no reason to believe that you need to
update the ODBC driver.

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use CaseXpress to report bugs http://casexpress.sybase.com

"jorge" <george_ariza@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> we have an application in powerbuilder6.5.1 with a database Sql server 7,
we are
> trying to connect ourselves for odbc from powerbuilder and he/she has not
been
> possible to connect.
> should we modernize the odbc dribver in powerbuilder?? if it is this way
where
> we could find it or like we can make??
>

> jorge ariza suarez
> george_ariza@hotmail.com

Chris

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1
I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1. Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for client support which I don't think I have? Thanks Hi Gary; Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian. :-( The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support. Good luck. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/pro...

Datawindow error in PowerBuilder 6.5.1
If the last row in a datawindow is a group break then the group break does not werk. Can anyone help me to find a way out this problem ??? Win NT 4.0 SP5 PB 6.5.1 are my releases. R.Somaini@Mador.ch Works for me. I'm using build 1094 -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Rino Somaini wrote in message ... >If the last row in a datawindow is a group break then the group break does >not werk. >Can anyone help me to find a way out this problem ??? > >Win NT 4.0 SP5 PB 6.5.1 are my releases. > >R.Somaini@Mador.ch > > ...

Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?
Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our applications to the web? Thanks Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web" (started by "John") for a good stream of information. JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrot...

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Hung Up connecting to ASA7 ODBC from PowerBuilder 6.5
I am still having a peculiar problem on one particular machine (that was working) where a PowerBuilder 6.5 application hangs when attempting to connect to an ODBC ASA7 local database. It is hung on the Connect statement and no Error Log is generated. This application was working fine previously on this machine (all that happened is the user moved from one WG to another and Back) all other TCP services seem to work. I can connect to the database from the Test in the ODBC administration. The application can be found in the Tasks list as not responding. Help!!! Glenn ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 and PowerBuilder 6.5.1
I reverse engineered some objects into PD 9.5.1.765 Build EBF3 from PB 6.5.1. If you look at the preview, it's wrong. global type u_ahs_em from u_em event type integer ue_set_readonly(boolean ab_readonly) ( ) event pfc_selectall pfc_selectall event type integer pfc_updatespending(powerobject apo_control[], ref powerobject apo_pending[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_accepttext(powerobject apo_control[], boolean ab_focusonerror) ( ) event type integer pfc_validation(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer pfc_updateprep(powerobject apo_control[]) ( ) event type integer ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica Monica, Since you're going to the trouble of installing or upgrading to Orac...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica you may want to check if Oracle web site has its own pboraX.dll for your purpose...

Web resources about - error odbc in powerbuilder 6.5.1 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles