Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)

Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can
connect it.
It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not
exist, Specified SQl Server not found ".
I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well.

Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ???

TIA

--
Regards

Daniel Fransius

0
Daniel

not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native
driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and
password are you passing ?
There is a lot of things that can go wrong, need to be more specific :-)

rgrds
rafael

Daniel Fransius wrote in message ...
>Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can
>connect it.
>It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not
>exist, Specified SQl Server not found ".
>I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very
well.

>Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ???
>
>TIA
>
>--
>Regards
>
>Daniel Fransius

0
Rafael
9/9/1999 1:07:50 PM
Daniel Fransius wrote:

> Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can
> connect it.
> It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not
> exist, Specified SQl Server not found ".
> I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well.
>
> Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ???
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Daniel Fransius

This would typically indicate a client configuration setup problem, like an
incorrect port specified.  What type of protocol is Query Analyzer connecting on
versus what PowerBuilder is trying?

Jim O'Neil
Sybase Technical Support

0
Jim
9/9/1999 2:57:54 PM
Today i can connect it again.

I don't know what it problem yet.

TIA

Regards

Daniel Fransius

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Daniel Fransius wrote:
>
> > Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can
> > connect it.
> > It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does
not
> > exist, Specified SQl Server not found ".
> > I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very
well.

> > Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ???
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Daniel Fransius
>
> This would typically indicate a client configuration setup problem, like
an
> incorrect port specified.  What type of protocol is Query Analyzer
connecting on
> versus what PowerBuilder is trying?
>
> Jim O'Neil
> Sybase Technical Support

0
Daniel
9/10/1999 2:44:48 AM
I use native driver.
i can connect to my desktop, but now i became can't connect to my NT SQL
SERVER 7.0.
We use security NT Authentication. I already check with the Enterprise SQL
SERVER 7.0 (SQL tools) , I can connect it.
i think i might missing something dll.
Can you tell which dll that PB used to connect to SQL Server 7.0.
We have two server NT that one server contain SQL Server 7.0 and the other
SQL SErver 6.5.

I can connect to SQL SERVEr 6.5 but i can't connect to SQL SERver 7.0 from
Powerbuilder.
( Now I can connect to SQL SERVER 7.0 for Desktop edition in my computer
(Use Windows 98) )

I can connect with SQL Tool from SQL SERVER 6.5 and SQL SErver 7.0 in my
computer.
TIA

Regards

Daniel Fransius

Rafael Lenartowicz <boss300@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native
> driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and
> password are you passing ?
> There is a lot of things that can go wrong, need to be more specific :-)
>
> rgrds
> rafael
>
> Daniel Fransius wrote in message ...
> >Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can
> >connect it.
> >It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does
not
> >exist, Specified SQl Server not found ".
> >I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very
> well.
> >
> >Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ???
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >--
> >Regards
> >
> >Daniel Fransius

0
Daniel
9/10/1999 3:21:02 AM
I use native driver.
i can connect to my desktop, but now i became can't connect to my NT SQL
SERVER 7.0.
We use security NT Authentication. I already check with the Enterprise SQL
SERVER 7.0 (SQL tools) , I can connect it.
i think i might missing something dll.
Can you tell which dll that PB used to connect to SQL Server 7.0.
We have two server NT that one server contain SQL Server 7.0 and the other
SQL SErver 6.5.

I can connect to SQL SERVEr 6.5 but i can't connect to SQL SERver 7.0 from
Powerbuilder.
( Now I can connect to SQL SERVER 7.0 for Desktop edition in my computer
(Use Windows 98) )

I can connect with SQL Tool from SQL SERVER 6.5 and SQL SErver 7.0 in my
computer.
TIA

Regards

Daniel Fransius

Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> Daniel Fransius wrote:
>
> > Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can
> > connect it.
> > It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does
not
> > exist, Specified SQl Server not found ".
> > I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very
well.

> > Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ???
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > --
> > Regards
> >
> > Daniel Fransius
>
> This would typically indicate a client configuration setup problem, like
an
> incorrect port specified.  What type of protocol is Query Analyzer
connecting on
> versus what PowerBuilder is trying?
>
> Jim O'Neil
> Sybase Technical Support

0
Daniel
9/10/1999 3:25:10 AM
sorry, i am wrong. Miss spell the server name.
Thanks

Daniel

Daniel Fransius <DanielFr@cbn.net.id> wrote in message
> I use native driver.
> i can connect to my desktop, but now i became can't connect to my NT SQL
> SERVER 7.0.
> We use security NT Authentication. I already check with the Enterprise SQL
> SERVER 7.0 (SQL tools) , I can connect it.
> i think i might missing something dll.
> Can you tell which dll that PB used to connect to SQL Server 7.0.
> We have two server NT that one server contain SQL Server 7.0 and the other
> SQL SErver 6.5.
>
> I can connect to SQL SERVEr 6.5 but i can't connect to SQL SERver 7.0 from
> Powerbuilder.
> ( Now I can connect to SQL SERVER 7.0 for Desktop edition in my computer
> (Use Windows 98) )
>
> I can connect with SQL Tool from SQL SERVER 6.5 and SQL SErver 7.0 in my
> computer.
> TIA
>
> Regards
>
> Daniel Fransius
>

> Jim O'Neil [Sybase] <joneil@sybase.com> wrote in message
> > Daniel Fransius wrote:
> >
> > > Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can
> > > connect it.
> > > It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or
does
> not
> > > exist, Specified SQl Server not found ".
> > > I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very
> well.
> > >
> > > Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ???
> > >
> > > TIA
> > >
> > > --
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > Daniel Fransius
> >
> > This would typically indicate a client configuration setup problem, like
> an
> > incorrect port specified.  What type of protocol is Query Analyzer
> connecting on
> > versus what PowerBuilder is trying?
> >
> > Jim O'Neil
> > Sybase Technical Support

0
Daniel

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

Error Connection To MS SQL Server 7.0 From PB 6.5.1
Dear everyone: I have Microsoft Backoffice SmallBusiness 4.5 Chinese Edition. The software suite includes MS SQL Server 7.0. But I can not find Client ODBC Driver For MS SQL Server 7.0 in it. My workstation OS is Windows 98 Chinese Edition. In PB 6.5.1, when I use MSS MS SQL Server 6.x interface, I can connect to the database in the backend server. But when I use SQL Server driver in ODBC, I got error message. The error message is chinese. But I think the english error message maybe like "Program Type Beyond". I want to know how to solve it or how to get ODBC driver for M...

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

MS SQL 6.5 Unable to connect to database PB 7.0 Enterprise
I am having an intermittent problem when many users attempt to run my PowerBuilder application written in PowerBuilder 7.0 Enterprise running on Windows 98 workstations accessing a MS SQL 6.5 database. The connection to the database is through the Powerbuilder native driver interface (PBMSS70.DLL). When the number of users reach a certain point and a new user attempts to run the program, the user is presented the ODBC Data Sources program. (The one the can be accessed through the Control Panel.) When the user exits the Data Sources program, PowerBuilder issues an error message: ...

PB 6.5 connect to SQL SERVER 7.0
I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? TIA Regards Daniel Fransius YES. Please look in the 'database' group of early August for a discussion topic 'PB 6.5 & MSSQL 6.5->7'. Daniel Fransius <DanielFr@cbn.net.id> wrote in message news:dIPJ#gh4#GA.207@forums.sybase.com... > I just want to migrate my Microsoft SQL SERVER 6.5 to SQL SERVER 7.0. > I want to know are there any problem to connect with SQL SERVER 7.0 ???? > > TIA ...

pb 7.0.3 build 10089 and sql server 7.0 : Slow Connection
We've got the same problem as earlier mentioned by Ken Freeman (see message below), but we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 and sql server 7.0?!!? Can anyone help us? "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? > > Thanks, > Ken > > ...

PB 6.5 to MS SQL server 7.0 connectivity
Greetings Seem to much discussion on this topic...I desperately need the answer at the end of the book. We are upgrading to SQL 7 and MUST be live with our PB 6.5 app in 3 weeks. PowerSoft/Sybase preferred or recommended configuration?? Please respond with any recommendations on: PB versions / builds PB drivers SQL Server client software Native drivers VS OLEDB VS ODBC etc... PB support of 7.0 new features: specifically the 8K varchar DataType thanks <pc> ...

PB 6.5 and MS SQL Server 7.0 connectivity
I have a PB 6.5 application running with SQL-Anywhere. I have recently tried to re-establish the database on Microsoft SQL-SERVER 7.0. I have loaded the native client-side software to connect to MS 7.0 and was successful with the connection. However, when I tried to establish a connection via the PB 6.5 development environment (DB painter and etc.), I received a "S1003 - Program type out of range" message from within the PB 6.5 database painter. I didn't receive the error message when I connected to the database... but only when I tried to actually do something thru ...

PB 7.0.2 and SQL Server 6.5 slow connection
We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. Now it takes several minutes. Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? Thanks, Ken Try appling the 8046 EBF "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does a...

Connectivity Problem with PB 6.5 or PB 7.0 and Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21
I have problems from Power Builder 6.5 and Power Builder 7.0 when I connect from development environment. I wish connect to Informix Dynamic Server 2000 9.21 on Windows NT. I have this problem with Native Driver "IN7 I-Net v7.x" and "IN7 I-Net v9.x" The database painter show me the owner of table wrong! This problem was correct in any other release? Thanks Alejandro Del� pd: I can do it with Informix-Cli or early Version! but not with INFORMIX-CLI of IDS.200 !!! Do you have the correct version of the DB drivers? Just thought I'd ask in ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

Web resources about - Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98) - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...