error 8001 Unable to connect SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 Server in PB7.0

Please help me with the following problem:

SYMPTOM:
Error message
SqlState 08001
"Unable to connect to database server; unable to start  database engine"

GOALS:
Connect to 16-bit server database from Powerbuilder 7.0 development
environment.
Connect to 16-bit text driver from Powerbuilder 7.0 development
environment.
Connect to same datasources in production enviroment.

ENVIRONMENT:
1. Working on Windows NT.
2. Powerbuilder 5.0 and 7.0 installed on PC.
3. Using ODBC interface to database.

SITUATION:
1. Tried to connect to SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 server (16-bit).
2. Connection works from PB 5.0.
3. Connection fails in PB 7.0.
4. 16-bit connections are not visible from PB7.0.
5. The server appears to start in PB7.0 correctly:
    Clicking on server icon produces following text:
   Sybase SQL Anywhere Network Requestor Version 5.5.00 build #1073
   Trying to start TCPIP link...
    TCPIP link started successfully
   Starting with 200 buffers of size 512 bytes
   Found server sysco on TCPIP link
   started

QUESTIONS
1. Is there a way to configure 16-bit datasources in PB 7.0 ?
    If so, how is it done ? Are there any documents outlining the steps
?
2. How can I resolve this particular problem ?
3. In addition, how can I setup a text data source that is using
    SIMBA.dll ( Text (*.txt; *.csv))?
0
Marilyn

PowerBuilder is a 32-bit development and deployment environment, you cannot
thunk down from a 32-bit client to a 16-bit ODBC driver.  There's really no
way this is going to work until you go to 32-bit drivers.

--
Jim O'Neil
CPD-Professional v6

Marilyn Rerecich wrote:

> Please help me with the following problem:
>
> SYMPTOM:
> Error message
> SqlState 08001
> "Unable to connect to database server; unable to start  database engine"
>
> GOALS:
> Connect to 16-bit server database from Powerbuilder 7.0 development
> environment.
> Connect to 16-bit text driver from Powerbuilder 7.0 development
> environment.
> Connect to same datasources in production enviroment.
>
> ENVIRONMENT:
> 1. Working on Windows NT.
> 2. Powerbuilder 5.0 and 7.0 installed on PC.
> 3. Using ODBC interface to database.
>
> SITUATION:
> 1. Tried to connect to SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 server (16-bit).
> 2. Connection works from PB 5.0.
> 3. Connection fails in PB 7.0.
> 4. 16-bit connections are not visible from PB7.0.
> 5. The server appears to start in PB7.0 correctly:
>     Clicking on server icon produces following text:
>    Sybase SQL Anywhere Network Requestor Version 5.5.00 build #1073
>    Trying to start TCPIP link...
>     TCPIP link started successfully
>    Starting with 200 buffers of size 512 bytes
>    Found server sysco on TCPIP link
>    started
>
> QUESTIONS
> 1. Is there a way to configure 16-bit datasources in PB 7.0 ?
>     If so, how is it done ? Are there any documents outlining the steps
> ?
> 2. How can I resolve this particular problem ?
> 3. In addition, how can I setup a text data source that is using
>     SIMBA.dll ( Text (*.txt; *.csv))?

0
Jim

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

Connection to MS SQL Server 7.0 with PB application built in 5.5.04
FYI.... I am in the process of upgrade an application database from MS SQL server 6.0 to 7.0 and I would like to know if there is a driver download that I can get so that I don't have to also upgrade the application as well. Is a database driver download available? It there is, where do I get it from? Thanks for the help. (My gut feeling is that the application will also have to be upgrade for the new native driver... Please say I am wrong) .......Shane Hi Shane, MS 7 does not have a native driver...

Oracle 8.0.5 and PB 5.0.04 connection
Hi All! My company wants to migrate to Oracle 8.0.5 but we will have PB 5.0.04 apps running on Win95 and NT clients. PB 5.0.04 contains only beta version of PBOR8050.dll which I would not like to use (we are talking thousands of users worlwide). Technote 47630 does not offer anything for Oracle 8.0.5. So, is there PB native driver (non beta) for PB 5.0.04 to talk to Oracle 8.0.5 ? Thank you No. But you can use the O73 driver, aslong as you don't need any specific Oracle8 functionality -- Terry Dykstra (TeamPS) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Gary Vashkulat wrote in me...

ASP Connection to SQLAnywhere 5.5 Server
Okay people, let me see if any of you all can help me. We are trying to develop a very small web app using Active Server Pages that will access a SQLAnywhere 5.5 Server Db. We have a web server that is upgraded to the latest NT, ODBC, IIS, IE, ADO, everything. The actual database is on another server, part of the same domain. I have a VB app that I wrote that will connect the database, using ADO and ODBC with no problem. How every, our ASP, which has almost the same code, will not. It will not even try to start dbclient. I need some advice here, if possible. I have looked all ...

Powerbuilder 11.5 Executable : Error loading client library DLLs. Unable to connect to server
I migrated from PB 8.0 to PB 11.5 successfully but I cannot run the executable I built from PB 11.5. The error is "Error loading client library DLLs. Unable to connect to server" . If I run the program from design mode it is fine but only with the executable. I have also tried runtime packager to build all the needed dlls but yet the problem persist.Can somebody help me out? You might try something like "listdlls" from sysinternals to see what dlls are actually loaded when you execute your application. There are a couple of new dlls that are required over the ones...

An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not all #5
An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)   <sessionState mode="SQLServer"sqlConnectionString="data source=LHX00CNU7401SQG\Session; integrated security=true"/>   I have done all the settings: --> enabling the protocols --> Starting teh SQlbrowser but still no luck. Pleas...

No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5
Name: Matze Email: infoatpc-scenedotnet Product: Firefox Summary: No Connect with FF 2.0.0.5 and TB 2.0.0.5 Comments: Hello, I have problems with Firefox 2.0.0.5 and Thunderbird. As soon as this version is not installed comes I any longer into Internet. No connection is indicated with both. 2.0.0.4 runs without problems up to the update on 0.5 Does someone know somewhat about an error?? MfG Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; de; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070309 Firefox/2.0.0.3 ...

Unable to connect to ASA 5.5 with DB painter of PB7
I can't connect to a local ASA 5.5 database (dbeng50.exe) in the Database Painter. The database engine is started and when I look in the database engine window I see the database started. I have to enter the UID and password (in the DB painter), but after OK nothings happen. The connect windows stays open. When I close the database engine, PB gives an error that he couldn't connect to the database (and the connect window in the DB painter disappears). I can connect to the database in my application, using the database engine of ASA 5.5. Also I can open the database withi...

get error The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated. The server response was: 5.5.1 Authentication Required.
 Hi,I was able to send mail with no trouble before few days.Then due to some reason, i Formatted pc &  re-installed visual studio & IIS Now when i try to send mail, i get this error.The SMTP server requires a secure connection or the client was not authenticated.In my web.config file i write<mailSettings>      <smtp from="myemail@gmail.com">        <network host="smtp.gmail.com" port="587" userName="myemail" password="xxxx" defaultCredentials="fa...

Unable to make 2 connections to SQLA 5.5.04
I am using NT 4.0 SP 4, Delphi 4.03, BDE 5.01 and SQLA 5.5.04. I am unable to make 2 connections to SQLA 5.5.04. The problem is that when I am connected to SQLA with the Delphi application that I am developing and then try to connect using Sybase Central, I get a dialog box with the message"Specified Database Not Found". When I close Delphi I can connect to the database using Cybase Central but when I try to connnect using Delphi, I get a similar "database not found" error. Does any one know what mightbe going on here? Thanks Les Prigmore I tried the ...

GW 5.5.5 client connecting to GW7 server?
running netware 6.5 and gw 5.5. We are planning on doing an upgrade to gw7.0 in a month or so and have a few questions... 1. Can gw5.5 on the server be upgraded to gw7.0 and still have the 5.5.5 clients connect to it? 2. if so, are there any issues that are currently known that will seriously hamper the user experience (until the gw7 client is rolled out) Thanks! -Peter 1. yes 2. intermittent d909 errors, about 1-3 times a day. Not harmful but annoying -- Michael J. Bell Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Author of Guinevere (http://www.openhandhome.com) ...

11.5 on NT & Powerbuilder 5.0 connection from Win95
I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTRAL but can't connect from PB 5.0.3. I would like to connect using the native drivers but ODBC would also be ok. Any ideas where I could look for an answer???? Thanks, Allan On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:54:25 -0600, Allan Lindsay <summit@mc.net> wrote: >I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes >and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). >From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTR...

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

Error connecting PB6.5 build 1234 with Oracle 8.0.5
I am getting the following error trying to connect PB6.5 (build 1234) with a remote Oracle 8.0.5 database: Please connect as the Powerbuilder Catalog Owner. This is necessary for the initial connection to Oracle to GRANT privileges on the repository. I am using the O84 driver, if that could be the problem. I am able to connect successfully to this database through SQL Plus 3.4 and SQL Plus 8.0. I can also connect PB6.5 to remote Oracle 8i database (thru O7.3 driver). Any ideas why I would be having this problem?? TIA, Michelle PB is trying to create the PBCATxxx tables...

Web resources about - error 8001 Unable to connect SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 Server in PB7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere