Drivers for Oracle 7.3 using PowerBuilder 5.0.02

Hi all!

We are using Oracle stored procedures to populate datawindows. When we try
to preview the data using the datawindow painter, the retrieval of the data
doesn't work: the screen doesn't present the titles of the columns neither
the rows, the bar doesn't have any button enabled and the only thing we can
do is to close the preview.  Using PB6.0 and the same datawindow and stored
procedure we don't have any problem.

Browsing some answers to questions posted to the newsgroup, I found that
what we need to do is to upgrade some of our DLLs because, says the answer,
 some important fixes to the drive "Pbo73050.dll" were not included in the
5.0.02 maintenance release so wasn't the "pbshr050" DLL. Where and how can
we get what we need to solve the problem? Does someone know? We visited the
Powersoft FTP site in the directory "pub/private/perm" and found it empty.

Thanks in advance

Lina Maria Londono Mesa
llondono@psl.com.co

You can download 5.0.03 from:
http://support.sybase.com/esd/pb_win_maint.html

Terry Dykstra (TeamPS)

P.S.L. <llondono@psl.com.co> wrote in article
<01bcfc19$aa0ea640$110a0a0a@gregd.psl.in>...
> Hi all!
>
> We are using Oracle stored procedures to populate datawindows. When we
try
> to preview the data using the datawindow painter, the retrieval of the
data
> doesn't work: the screen doesn't present the titles of the columns
neither
> the rows, the bar doesn't have any button enabled and the only thing we
can
> do is to close the preview.  Using PB6.0 and the same datawindow and
stored
> procedure we don't have any problem.
>
> Browsing some answers to questions posted to the newsgroup, I found that
> what we need to do is to upgrade some of our DLLs because, says the
answer,
>  some important fixes to the drive "Pbo73050.dll" were not included in
the
> 5.0.02 maintenance release so wasn't the "pbshr050" DLL. Where and how
can
> we get what we need to solve the problem? Does someone know? We visited
the
> Powersoft FTP site in the directory "pub/private/perm" and found it
empty.

0
Terry
11/28/1997 6:01:24 PM
Lina,

Are you using Reference cursor's to retreive data?  I haven't tried PB
6.0, but we had terrible problems until we downloaded Oracle's patch
level 4 for 7.3.3 for NT server.  The bug had to do with Oracle not
dealing well with both cursor's and tables in the same stored
procedure.  I'm suspicious since yours works in 6.0 that this isn't
the problem, but it's worth the thought.

Good Luck,

-Peter

On Fri, 28 Nov 1997 10:20:21 -0500, "P.S.L." <llondono@psl.com.co>
wrote:

>Hi all!
>
>We are using Oracle stored procedures to populate datawindows. When we try
>to preview the data using the datawindow painter, the retrieval of the data
>doesn't work: the screen doesn't present the titles of the columns neither
>the rows, the bar doesn't have any button enabled and the only thing we can
>do is to close the preview.  Using PB6.0 and the same datawindow and stored
>procedure we don't have any problem.
>
>Browsing some answers to questions posted to the newsgroup, I found that
>what we need to do is to upgrade some of our DLLs because, says the answer,
> some important fixes to the drive "Pbo73050.dll" were not included in the
>5.0.02 maintenance release so wasn't the "pbshr050" DLL. Where and how can
>we get what we need to solve the problem? Does someone know? We visited the
>Powersoft FTP site in the directory "pub/private/perm" and found it empty.
>
>Thanks in advance
>
>Lina Maria Londono Mesa
>llondono@psl.com.co

0
peter

PowerBuilder 5.0 and Oracle 7.3, how do I connect them?
First let me say I am new to PowerBuilder *and* Oracle. Don't assume I know anything! I have the following setup: 1. PowerBuilder 5.0 running on Windows 95 2. Oracle SQL Plus v3.3.2.0.0 on the same Win95 machine. 3. Oracle 7.3 running on HPUX 10.20 I am able to connect to Oracle via SQL Plus. How do I connect to Oracle via PowerBuilder? When I attempt the connection I get the following error message. "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed" I *do* have the proper .dlls for connecting to Oracle 7.1 and 7.2. I don't have either of tho...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

PowerBuilder 5.0/Oracle 7.3.4 connectivity issue
About a year ago we upgrade our Oracle database and our only Power Builder user has just made us aware of a problem that he has been having since that time. The problem is poor performance. What is happening is when he goes into Power Builder and tries to display his tables, it takes about 5 minutes to display them. Then, if he tries to access one of the tables it takes like 10 - 15 minutes to pull up that tables records. Any ideas. Here is our layout. We have an Oracle 7.3.4 database running on an HP-UX boxes running HP-UX 10.20. We are trying to access the database using Power ...

Oracle 7.3 running 16bit Powerbuilder 5.0.3
We are trying to migrate our VERY (90 pbls) large application from PB4 to PB5 and are down to one very elusive problem. This only occurs on the 16bit version of PB5 and we have narrowed it down to something in the Powerbuilder Oracle drivers. The problem is strange in that it is inconsistent and we are having a very tough time making a sample app to reproduce the problem. It seems that when we use a dynamic cursor and issue some select statements anywhere from 400 times to 15000 times we encounter a GPF in PBSHR050 000D:0799. So we built a test case which issues the SAME SQL statement...

#EBF1 -EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch
why is the #EBF1 not placed right - It is placed Under Powerbuilder EBFs/Downloads. Platform: Windows EAServer 3.6.1 C1/PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Release 7.0.3 02 Mar 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder 7.0.3 C5 Localized Files 7.0.3 16 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder and Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 C5 7.0.3 09 Feb 2001 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.3 Maintenance Release 7.0.3 08 Dec 2000 EBF/Patch Sybase PowerBuilder Enterprise - PowerBuilder Enterprise 7.0.2 C4 Release 7.0.2 22 Nov 2000 EBF/Patch PowerBuilder DeskTop 7.0.2 (EBF) C3 Rele...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

Where can I get native PB drivers for ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3
( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL *Net version 2.x , 32 bit implementation. All versions of PB Enterprise (5,6,7) have the native O73 driver. If you have PB Professional, you can only use ODBC to connect to Oracle. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Veena Madhavi <bveenamadhavi@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38A8FD91.6218D227@hotmail.com... > ( Oracle Version 8.0.0.5) with Oracle Net Client Version 7.3.3 with SQL > *Net version 2...

connecting PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 using native drivers
Hi I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 to Oracle 7.3.4.4.0 using native drivers . I can connect to oracle using sql*plus and when i use the same connect string I get an ora 09352 error "Windows 32 bit two task driver unable to spawn new oracle task". I am using sql net 2.3. I can connect to oracle using ODBC. I would appreciate help on this matter. Thanks -Jeya 16-bit PB4 cannot use 32-bit sqlnet. PB/sqlnet must both be 16 or 32 bit. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Jeya wrote in message ... >Hi >I am trying to connect PB 4.0.07 t...

[...]

Updating BLOB in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3
Hi, Problem: While updating BLOB data in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3, UPDATEBLOB gives error "ORA-01653: Unable to extend table <table name> by 130 in tablespace <tablespace name>" However same code works successfully with Powerbuilder 6.0. Does anybody have any information/solution for the same? It is urgent. Thanks This sounds like a database problem not a PowerBuilder Problem. To quote Oracle: ORA-01653: unable to extend table name.name by num in tablespace name Cause: Failed to allocate extent for table segment in tablespace. Action:...

Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB
Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? Thank you very much in advance. -- John Fotiadis Direct +30 94-464225 Senior Systems Engineer Relational Technology S.A. In article <34979B76.67A813A8@sybase.com.gr>, johnf@sybase.com.gr says... > Can anyone assist me on Connecting PB 5.0.03 to Oracle 8 (NT) through > SQL Net v2 with driver for Oracle 7.3 of PB ? > > Thank you very much in advance. > > -- > John Fotiadis > Direct +30 94-464225 > Senior Systems Enginee...

PowerBuilder Oracle Driver for Oracle 8.0.4 and 8.0.5
You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native driver at the following URL http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html Has anyone been using this? Any comments? On Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:32:31 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.database Dan Skibba <skibba@sybase.com> wrote: >You may now register for the beta program for the PowerBuilder O84 native >driver at the following URL >http://www.sybase.com/products/powerbuilder/oracle/oracle_reg.html > > One of the things you do when you sign up for a beta ...

Updating BLOB data in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3
Hi, Problem: While updating BLOB data in ORACLE 7.3 from Powerbuilder 7.0.3, UPDATEBLOB gives error "ORA-01653: Unable to extend table <table name> by 130 in tablespace <tablespace name>" However same code works successfully with Powerbuilder 6.0. Does anybody have any information/solution for the same? It is urgent. Thanks It means Oracle was trying to use more physical space for the table and couldn't get enough. Talk to the DBA. <Narendra> wrote in message news:7D5B3A9AA2A7DD42003A112985256C8B.003A113885256C8B@webforums... > Hi, >...

Web resources about - Drivers for Oracle 7.3 using PowerBuilder 5.0.02 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles