Datawindow Plugin for PowerBuilder 6.5 in IE5.5 SP2?

We have been using datawindow plugin Npdwe60.dll for a long time now and it
worked just fine in both IE and NS. However, starting from IE5.5 SP2,
Microsoft decided NOT to support plugins any more.

Is there any news on how to overcome this problem? ActiveX version of
plugin? Any other solution?

Thanks in advance for any response.

Leonid Borisov
Tefensoft

0
Leonid

Where did you find out that MS doesn't support plugins anymore?

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"Leonid Borisov" <leo@tefensoft.co.il> wrote in message
> We have been using datawindow plugin Npdwe60.dll for a long time now and
it
> worked just fine in both IE and NS. However, starting from IE5.5 SP2,
> Microsoft decided NOT to support plugins any more.
>
> Is there any news on how to overcome this problem? ActiveX version of
> plugin? Any other solution?
>
> Thanks in advance for any response.
>
> Leonid Borisov
> Tefensoft

0
Terry
8/21/2001 9:40:54 PM
Q303401: Netscape-Style Plug-ins Do Not Work After Upgrading Internet
Explorer (http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q303/4/01.ASP).

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> wrote in message
> Where did you find out that MS doesn't support plugins anymore?
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
> Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp
>
> "Leonid Borisov" <leo@tefensoft.co.il> wrote in message
> > We have been using datawindow plugin Npdwe60.dll for a long time now and
> it
> > worked just fine in both IE and NS. However, starting from IE5.5 SP2,
> > Microsoft decided NOT to support plugins any more.
> >
> > Is there any news on how to overcome this problem? ActiveX version of
> > plugin? Any other solution?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for any response.
> >
> > Leonid Borisov
> > Tefensoft

0
Leonid

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1
I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1. Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for client support which I don't think I have? Thanks Hi Gary; Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian. :-( The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support. Good luck. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/pro...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

powerbuilder 6.5 window plugin no longer works in IE5 Service Pack 2
Does anyone know a solution to the problem that the Powerbuilder 6.5 window plugin does not work due to changes Microsoft have made in IE5 Service Pack 2 - IE6 will cause the same problem There is an article at htttp://rosetta.berkeley.edu/wwwboard/messages/128.html that explains what Microsoft have gone and done but basically my web based application does not work and I have people complaining. Go to this sybase article http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1014270 <steve_barfield> wrote in message news:97900B303143427600667AFE85256AE9.00667B2785256AE9@webforums... >...

Performance Issue with PowerBuilder 6.5 Native Drivers and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, I'm having a performance issue with the PB 6.5 Native driver with MSSQL 6.5, if i'm using the ODBC my request to the database are responding really fast, but i want to use to Native drivers. Before i was using the 16 bit Native drivers and it was working fine, but since i've changed to the 32 bit PB 6.5 native driver, most of my db request are really slow. I've search on the sybase infobase and i can't find anything... Could somebody give my advise.... Thanks Mark ...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Powerbuilder 5.0 in SQLServer 6.5...........
Dear Sir/Madam, I am writing to you about the problem on connection between PowerBuilder 5.0 and MS SQL Server 6.5 via Database Painter in PowerBuilder 5.0. When I tried to connect to a database, the connection was successful. And I used "sa" to connect. But when I tried to retrieve data from system tables or newly created tables. An error message was displayed to me. It is "<Column-name>'s data type is not supported". I checked that the database repository tables were created already. Thanks, Martin Yip ...

Powerbuilder 6.5 to 10.5 conversion
Is there a way to set drop down calender to checked during conversion on alle datawindows where the field is date and tab > 0? Or should I edit all datawindows and change the setting manually? Regards, Eric ...

Problems With datawindow scrolling in PowerBuilder 6.5 (and 6.0)
The datawindow scrolling functionality has been altered so that when scrolling through a datawindow using the thumb, it is possible to view the bottom of one page and the top of the next. This looks OK until a group is created in the datawindow that has its own heading. When scrolling as before, the heading remains in between the bottom of one page and the top of the next which doesn't look particularly attractive, especially if there are several items in the group heading. In 65Maint.txt document it says the following: "DataWindow Scrollbar Operation ------------------...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

Web resources about - Datawindow Plugin for PowerBuilder 6.5 in IE5.5 SP2? - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles