Connectivity of Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional with Oracle 10g

Does Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional supports connectivity
with Oracle 10g through native drivers ?
0
Sameer

Hi Sameer;

    No ... you need the "Enterprise" version to have the Oracle native
driver capability.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

<Sameer-SSS> wrote in message news:49fe980b.11b7.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Does Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional supports connectivity
> with Oracle 10g through native drivers ?

0
Chris
5/4/2009 11:10:58 AM
Thanks Chris.

> Hi Sameer;
>
>     No ... you need the "Enterprise" version to have the
> Oracle native  driver capability.
>
> --
> Regards ... Chris
> ISUG - NA RUG Director
> http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>

> <Sameer-SSS> wrote in message
> > news:49fe980b.11b7.1681692777@sybase.com... Does
> > Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional supports connectivity
> with Oracle 10g through native drivers ?

0
Sameer

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Powerbuilder 11.1 connecting to oracle 10G.
I can set up a connection using the Database Profile - Powerbuilder 11.1 to Oracle 10g. I am using the 010 Oracle 10g native driver delivered with the Enterprise Install The connection can be opened and all Synonyms, Tables, Procedure & Functions - tree view can be expanded to view them When I try to create a new datawindow (tabular) - then choose to use a stored procedure data souce, the application just hangs when trying to bring back the procedures to select from. I can connect to a Oracle 9.1 database - with no issues using Powerbuilder 11.1. My DBA notes some issues with Or...

ORACLE 11g won't connect in Powerbuilder 11.5
Tried all sorts of things including Reinstalling Oracle 11g and Powerbuilder. In the database profile painter I have a oracle driver available but when I try and connect I get "Oracle11g or higher client is not installed or not set to primary Oracle Home. I have a TNSNames file and I can connect using SQLDeveloper. Any help, appreciated (before I jump from the highest building!). Thanks in advance for any help > Tried all sorts of things including Reinstalling Oracle > 11g and Powerbuilder. > > In the database profile painter I have a oracle driver > ...

URGENT - Windows 7 - 64 Bit / PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi - I am on Windows 7 - 64 Bit OS with PowerBuilder 11.5 installed. I Installed Oracle 11g (11.2.0) and trying to connect from database painter and getting Connectivity Problem: "Oracle Library: OCI.DLL could not be loaded" I tried ORA Oracle DB Interface (meant for 11g and higher). I have Oracle_Home set, both oracle_home and PowerBuilder in PATH. There are NO duplicate OCI.DLLs. Oracle 11g works fine from SQL Plus and SQL Developer. It's only with PowerBuilder 11.5 connectivity problem. Is PowerBuilder 11.5 compatible with Windows 7 - 64 Bit for Oracle ...

11.5 on NT & Powerbuilder 5.0 connection from Win95
I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTRAL but can't connect from PB 5.0.3. I would like to connect using the native drivers but ODBC would also be ok. Any ideas where I could look for an answer???? Thanks, Allan On Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:54:25 -0600, Allan Lindsay <summit@mc.net> wrote: >I have 11.5 running on NT 4.0 and have the server set for Named Pipes >and NLNWSK(Is ths tcp/ip?). >From the Win 95 client I CAN connect using SYBASE CENTR...

Can Powerbuilder 5 connect to Oracle 8i
Is there anybody know if there's a way to connect to Oracel 8i through PowerBuilder 5? Ying Yes, using O73 driver. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/search.asp <Ying> wrote in message news:B393EF02A7B9153E00588DC985256ABE.00588DDB85256ABE@webforums... > Is there anybody know if there's a way to connect to Oracel 8i through > PowerBuilder 5? > > Ying ...

PowerBuilder 6.5/Oracle 8i connectivity
We are migrating from an Oracle 7.3.4 database backend to Oracle 8.1.6 database backend. Our application uses PowerBuilder 6.5. I downloaded the pbo8460.dll driver and the PB 6.5 build 1216 zip file and installed both. I am now able to connect with the Oracle 8i database just fine, and everything seems to be in order. I was, however, concerned by some of the caveats in the readme file that was included with build 1216 zip. Spefically, it says that build 1216 is considered to be pre-release and that it has only gone through minimal QA. Can anyone tell me if there is ever going to be...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

Powerbuilder 10.5 and Oracle 9i connectivity issues
All, I recently came across a problem with our application (of course a production issue) where the application aborts when the CONNECT USING SQLCA command is issued to the database. We connect to an Oracle 9i database using the PB 084 driver. We pull a listing of available databases (prod, dev, test, etc..) to allow the user to select the database they will connect to. This initial connection uses a transaction object that is independent of SQLCA and retrieves the list into a datastore. This transaction object is scoped locally to a function and performs a connect using...

PowerBuilder 5.0 and Oracle 7.3, how do I connect them?
First let me say I am new to PowerBuilder *and* Oracle. Don't assume I know anything! I have the following setup: 1. PowerBuilder 5.0 running on Windows 95 2. Oracle SQL Plus v3.3.2.0.0 on the same Win95 machine. 3. Oracle 7.3 running on HPUX 10.20 I am able to connect to Oracle via SQL Plus. How do I connect to Oracle via PowerBuilder? When I attempt the connection I get the following error message. "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed" I *do* have the proper .dlls for connecting to Oracle 7.1 and 7.2. I don't have either of tho...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica I go against 8.1.7 with 6.5 (build 1264) and 7.0.3. Haven't run into any is...

PowerBuilder 6.5 with Oracle 8.1.7 Connectivity
Hi All, We use PowerBuilder 6.5 as the front-end tool and we would like to use Oracle 8.1.7 as the back-end database. I have heard that this configuration is not supported by Sybase at the moment. I would like to know what probable problem we will be likely to face for using this configuration. And what are the features of Oracle 8.1.7 that we will have problem to use? Any precious information or direction is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Monica you may want to check if Oracle web site has its own pboraX.dll for your purpose...

Web resources about - Connectivity of Powerbuilder 11.5 Professional with Oracle 10g - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

TE Connectivity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
TE Connectivity Ltd. designs and manufactures connectivity and sensor solutions for a variety of industries including automotive, industrial ...

Facebook’s Connectivity Lab: Drones, Planes, Satellites, Lasers To Further Internet.org Mission Of Bringing ...
Look, up in the sky. It’s a bird. It’s a plane. It’s a drone from Facebook? The social network Thursday announced the formation of the Connectivity ...

The power of connectivity
By Keven McCammon, site data center manager, Facebook Forest City Data Center Today we announced that we’re partnering with the Town of Forest ...

Mark Zuckerberg on Internet.org: Connectivity key to socio-economic balance
Mark Zuckerberg is out to change the world through building an infrastructure that will open connectivity to everyone. In a wide-ranging interview ...

Parks and Recreation: You could have network connectivity problems - YouTube
http://ricochetvideos.com Andy Dwyer is the goofy, lovable character from Parks and Recreation, and in this scene he diagnoses Leslie's flu by ...

Mid-2012 MacBook Airs offer improved performance and connectivity
Believe it or not, it's been nearly four and a half years since Apple released the original MacBook Air. At the time, it was revolutionary in ...

BMW to launch new connectivity service
Soon your car will notify the dealer when it’s due for a service. BMW Australia will introduce a new suite of in-car connectivity apps in its ...

The key to a successful hybrid cloud infrastructure? Flexible connectivity
It's becoming increasingly clear that - for most organisations - taking a 'hybrid' approach to cloud adoption makes sound business sense.

Facebook Connectivity Lab promotes access to Internet in remote areas - CTV News
Facebook is giving more details about its effort to connect remote parts of the world to the Internet - and it involves drones, lasers and satellites. ...