Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please
remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying to
connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003".

OS=NT 4.0 Server
PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition
SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition

I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0

0
Abdul

If your are using the ODBC, which I assume you are, include Disablebind=1 in
your DBParm.  If your deployment environment is also NT, you will have to
turn SQLSPY=1 using PFC services.  Autocommit=FALSE and SetTransObject()
rather than SetTrans() are also good ways to avoid more troubles.

PB7 will resolve the query on any varchar data types problems, but will
introduce some other problems.  It is, however, the most friendly candidate
connecting to MSSQL7.  Please still keep Disablebind=1 and add in one more
string: CallEscape='NO'.  This will preserve the stored procedures call
behaviors.  You don't have to set SQLSPY=1 for NT deployment, which is the
biggest benefit.

Abdul Lateef <abdul_lateef@usa.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me about connecting PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0. Please
> remember we are not planning to upgrade both software. When I was trying
> connect PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0, error occurred " SQLSTAT 1003".
>
> OS=NT 4.0 Server
> PB=6.0 Enterprise Edition
> SQL SERVER=7.0 Corporate Edition
>
> I also want to know the versions between PB 6.0 to PB 7.0

0
Yong

Error connecting Pb 6.5 and Pb 7.0 to SQL SERVER 7.0 desktop(Window 98)
Today(9 Sep 1999), I can't connect to SQL Server 7.0 before this i can connect it. It give an Error "Unable to connect : SQL Server is unavailable or does not exist, Specified SQl Server not found ". I have check with Query analyzer , the Query analyzer can connect very well. Any one this have this problem, and how to solve this ??? TIA -- Regards Daniel Fransius not enough information... are you trying to use OLE DB ? ODBC ? Native driver ? What about security settings on the server ? What user id and password are you passing ? There is a lot of things ...

PB 7.0 or PB 6.5 or PB 6.0 or PB5.04

PB 6.5/7.0 to SQL Server 7.0
Hi everybody, I hope someboby can help me. 1. What do i have to do to connect SQL Server 7.0 using PB6.5 with native=20 drivers? 2. I have so many problems using PB7.0 and SQL Server 7.0, in fact i can=B4= t=20 use it due to: - The connection through native drivers is too slow, and almost impossible = using more than one transcction object. - It's very often to get Dr. Watson messages that close everything, so that= =20 i can't develop. Thanks in advanced. Ulises Gomez RCI Mexico ulises.gomez@latam.rci.com 1. Upgrade to 6.5.1 2. Which version/build of PB7?...

ODBC Error: MS SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 +WINNT 4.0
Hi, I have installed SQL Server 7.0 Standard Ed. on Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 4. Then I installed Power Builder 6.0 Enterprise Ed. on the same server machine NT 4.0 + SQL Server 7.0 + PB 6.0 ( no patches for any thing installed) After defining an ODBC DSN and Profile in PB 6.0, when i try to connect from within Profile setup, it connects to the SQL Server 7.0 Database. But when i click on the Tables or Database icons on the toolbar to open the DB or tables, I get an error message like SQLSTATE =S1003 [MICROSOFT] [ODBC DRIVER MANAGER] Program Type Out of Range on the...

pb 6.5, pb 7.0, pb 8.0 and future releases
I have designed an app using PB 6.5.1 and feel quite confortable to write another app using this version of Power Buulder. I am aware that there have been many other releases after this but have heard many developers complain about not being stable and so forth. I can't say how true this is cause I never bothered to update to later releases. I recently got a contract for a new app and quite likely will be using Power Biulder but I am wondering if am cheating myself by not trying to upgrade myself to a later release of Power Biulder. Thanks. Charlie. Charlie You...

pb 7.0.3 build 10089 and sql server 7.0 : Slow Connection
We've got the same problem as earlier mentioned by Ken Freeman (see message below), but we're using pb version 7.0.3 Build 10089 and sql server 7.0?!!? Can anyone help us? "Ken Freeman" <kfreeman@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote in message news:p1fXadCIBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > We've recently upgraded from PB 6.5 to PB 7.0.2 (Build 8003). > Before the upgrade, a connection in development mode took a few seconds. > Now it takes several minutes. > > Does anyone know what might be cause the slowdown? > > Thanks, > Ken > > ...

PB 6.5.1/7.0 Connect 16-bit exe with ASA 6.0
I have the Techdoc DocID 444777 on connecting 16-bit exes with 32-bit SQL Anywhere DBs: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44477 I have followed it to the letter and cannot get it to work: Error message on 16-bit exe CONNECT using SQLCA: ODBC is not supported in your installation. Has anyone else tried this? 32-bit exe works no problems (well it would 32-bit ODBC). Platform is Win95. I have both the 32-bit and 16-bit deployment kits installed on the same machine. I think the problem is with the so-called ODBC bridge. Any help appreciated. Problem ...

PB 4.0.03 & PB 6.0.0 issues
I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS READING PB PRODUCTS: 1. WE HAVE USED PB 4.0.03 ENTERPRISE FOR YEARS NOW, ARE THERE PATCHES FOR Y2K CONCERNS THAT WE CAN DOWNLOAD? 2. WE HAVE ALSO PB 6.0.0 PROFESSIONAL, AND ENCOUNTERED SOME ODBC 4.0 GLITCHES RELATING TO MS-ACCESS 97 ("... Program type out of range ..."), ARE THERE PATCHES ALSO FOR THESE CONCERNS AND Y2K ISSUES. I read a response pointing where to find the different patches. I did not see though any patches specific to PB 4.0.03 and PB 6.0.0. I would great...

Problem regarding the connection of PB 7.0 with SQL 7.0
I'm calling some stored procedures written in SQL Server 7.0 from the Power Builder 7.0 through the SQL Server native driver connection. It doesn't return back whenever I execute it from the Frontend while it works perfectly when I execute that stored procedure from Query Analyser directly. It has been working fine when I did the same operetion using PB 6.5 & SQL 6.5. Plz help me in this regard as soon as possible. Regards, Guls try to trap SQLCA.SQLCode, SQLCA.SQLDBCode and SQLCA.SQLErrText and include them in the post - this will allow localize the problem better...

PB 6.0/MS SQL Server 7.0
How do I set up a connection to my MS SQL Server 7.0 database using PowerBuilder 6.0? Trying to set up a Database Profile for the MSSQL 7.0 database doesn't seem to work. I also tried connecting through ODBC, but I get an error message when trying to open the database: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Program type out of range. I know my ODBC Data Source is connecting to the database. I was able to test it through Access. Is there an updated driver/dll for MS SQL Server 7.x? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike A quick scan of the other ne...

pfc and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PFC and migration from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0
I am presently migrating an application from PB 4.0.7 to PB 6.0. This application was originally developed in PB 3.0 by another consulting firm. As you may expect they used their own framework to create this application. I have heard good things about the PFC. From I understand this is the new preferred way to develop apps. I have only heard about the PFC, and have not coded in it. I am not that far in the present migration and I have several months to finish this migration as well as make any desired coding changes. Is it worth it to intregrate the PFC into this migration? Can...

PB.6.5.1. or 7.0 & MSSQL 7.0 overflow error
In an aplication made with PB 6.5.1 or PB 7.0. & MSS SQL server 7.0 we have a problem when we do "getchild" in a datawindow and after that, we do "insertrow" into the same datawindow. The message error is this: "Select error: Data-conversion resulted in overflow". We can not change this order because our application is too big and there are plenty situations like this. Is there any setting or somethnig that can solve this conflict without change the order? Thanks in advance. The problem was the spanish version of MS SQL Server 7.0. With the...

Web resources about - Connection of PB 6.0 to SQL Server 7.0 & Version B/W PB 6.0 and PB 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

This Is How Facebook Is Working to Improve Experience On Slower Connections
... the globe, that’s not their situation . In recent years, Facebook has paid close attention to its user experience on 2G and other slow connections. ...

French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart
CNN French authorities detain suspects in connection to attacks 10 months apart CNN A forensic scientist works near a Paris cafe on Saturday, ...

Facebook's News Feed is gentler on your flaky phone connection
Facebook might depend on the internet, but the social network knows that people don't always have good internet connections. You may be knocked ...