connecting to visual fox pro (dbc) database using powerbuilder 6.5

I am  using Microsoft Visual Fox pro driver to connect to visual Fox pro
database (DBC)
The connection is fine. But when I create a datawindow, I do not see the
capability  to
create outer join between two tables in the datawindow painter. But If I
connect
to visual fox pro (dbf) using fox pro driver. I can create outer join in
the datawindow

The problem is with Fox Pro DBC. I would appreciate if some one helps on
this issue

Thanks

subramanyam

0
Mekala

PowerBuilder 6.5 issues with an ODBC connection to a Database
PowerBuilder 6.5 Build 444 Windows XP ********** ALSO SEE ATTACHMENTS ************ I am working on the project that we talked about in April. We are hoping the client will be convinced to go to PowerBuilder 10.5, but at this moment I am stuck in the 6.5 world. We are using a new database by HP in which it is a Non Stop System. It is an ODBC connection (ver. 3) with the drivers developed by HP. It is SQL '9x compliant ( ANSI SQL:99 ). After connecting I get errors when trying to retrieve a datawindow. The first time when opening the Pre- View I get data because of the ...

Connecting to an SQL Server 2000 Database from Powerbuilder 6.5
I have a WINDOWS 2000 SERVER on which the SQL SERVER 2000 (Standard=20 Edition) is running.. From a WINDOWS NT Workstation Client (on the same Network) I' trying from within Powerbuilder to connect to my SQL SERVER 2000 database via ODBC. I created and configured the ODBC driver for this=20 connection as well as the associated Powerbuilder DB-Profile. When then I try to connect (from the Database Profiles popup window) to my database, the sonnection is successfull but when the popup window of Powerbuilder appears (in the Database Painter Window) for selecting the tables of the d...

Connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5
Can i connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5 ? Please an example of connection string. Anyone can tell me, please... Thanks.. Me parece que con PB 6.5 no es posible, ya que no recuerdo haber visto conecciones del tipo OLE DB, te recomiendo que migres a PB 7.0 Spaceman <bruni76@tin.it> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias sUOFdx5JAHA.202@forums.sybase.com... > Can i connect to MS Access using OLEDB with Powerbuilder 6.5 ? > Please an example of connection string. > > Anyone can tell me, please... Thanks.. > > > ...

Who use library direct connect for db2 v7 with powerbuilder v 6.5?
Please Who use the library direct connect for db2 with powerbuilder v. 6.5? Thanks Erick Cartagena Please post this question to powersoft.public.powerbuilder.connectivity as this forum is intended for matters related to the inactivty of EAServer and PB components. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 iAnywhere Solutions http://www.iAnywhere.com ** Please only post to the newsgroup ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm ** Use CaseX...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I ge...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Powerbuilder 6.5.1 connecting to SQL Server 2000 using ODBC Dsn
Can anyone help in connecting by Powerbuilder 6.5.1 application talking to sql 2000 database. Our applications has a ini file which includes the following details [Database] DBMS=MSS Microsoft SQL Server 6.x ServerName=TestServer AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In case of ODBC dsn, what should go in ini other than these. Please suggest [Database] DBMS=ODBC AutoCommit=true Database=pubs Lock=RL In powerbuilder the profile is created using odbc dsn as the datasource The connection is successful in Powerbuilder IDE. But when I launch the application, I get ...

Connecting PowerBuilder 6.5 with an Oracle 7.3 Database in a Novell Netware 3.12 Server
Ladies and Gentlemen: I didn't know if some of you have these problem, but I solve this one in a simple way. We have two servers in our company, one is a Windows NT Server and other is our Novell Netware 3.12 Server. Right know, our clients are accesing the data from the Netware 3.12 to the NT Server, but our clients are using in line the systems developed in PowerBuilder 4.0 Also we are migrating from PB 4.0 to PB 6.5 (How a jump), but we need the connection with the 3.12 server to recompile all our functions and so on.... I just update the Netware Client from Windows wi...

ASA 6
Hello! I tried to install connection from PowerBuilder to ASA 6.02 Network Server without ODBC support. I described ASA-server as Open Server. In PB I use "SYT Sybase SQL server DBLIB" driver. Besides, I installed to the database stored procedures and tables which PowerBuilder install in ASE 11.5. I can connect across DB-profile, I can see data in tables, but I can not make DataWindow. Do exists others native drivers for PB and ASA 6. In ASE 11.5 such drivers work really fast than ODBC-drivers. With big respect Voronkov Nick. my email is voronkov@engineer.c...

Problem connecting to Anywhere 5.5 using a PowerBuilder 4.0 app
I am having problems connecting to a SQl Anywhere 5.5 database running is server mode on a Novell network. The application is in PowerBuilder 4.0. I am able to use Access 97 and Infomaker to connect, but not the PB 4.0 app. Thank you in advance! kedersha_brian@aac.com Do you have some error messages? What client are you using? Win 95/3.11/NT? I know of no reason that PB4 cannot connect to SA 5.5.x server. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX Is your PB4 app 16 or 32 bit? How are the ODBC Profiles defined? Are they 16 or 32 bit Profiles? Are they...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

Powerbuilder components use only 1 connection from connection cache #2
Hi all, I'm currently investigating a performance bottleneck in jaguar. I've reported this problem before and got some helpful hints from this forum so I'm back for more, since the hints weren't helpful enough. I have a web application which uses Powerbuilder components as the backend. Even when I generate 30 calls that each take 1 minute, the Jaguar server reports that it uses only one connection!! When I check oracle, it reports that only one session is active from the Jaguar server. Now I can just handle this if it was only one session but when i tested this f...

PowerBuilder 6.5/Oracle 8i connectivity
We are migrating from an Oracle 7.3.4 database backend to Oracle 8.1.6 database backend. Our application uses PowerBuilder 6.5. I downloaded the pbo8460.dll driver and the PB 6.5 build 1216 zip file and installed both. I am now able to connect with the Oracle 8i database just fine, and everything seems to be in order. I was, however, concerned by some of the caveats in the readme file that was included with build 1216 zip. Spefically, it says that build 1216 is considered to be pre-release and that it has only gone through minimal QA. Can anyone tell me if there is ever going to be...

Connection DB2 on AS/400 with PowerBuilder 6.5
How can i connect PowerBuilder 6.5 to a DB2 database? Thanks Adrian "Adri�n Galv�n Quintanilla" wrote: > How can i connect PowerBuilder 6.5 to a DB2 database? > > Thanks > Adrian WIth DB2/400 your only option is ODBC. IBM's ClientAccess, WallData's Rumba, and Showcase ODBC are some options, there are a number of others. Jim O'Neil Sybase Technical Support ...

Web resources about - connecting to visual fox pro (dbc) database using powerbuilder 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles