Connecting to ORACLE - "DBMS Not Supported In Your Current Installation"

Here is my situation:  We have installed ORACLE 8.1.6 Client on several
workstations where PowerBuilder 7.0 Applications were also installed.  The
certain alias names were created as "Oracle8 realease 8.0 or Oracle7
database or service".  When I try to connect on these machines the
PowerBuilder App returns the "DBMS not supported in your current
installation" Error Message.

What do I need to look for?


-4
Darryl
7/10/2002 6:59:55 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.connection 3893 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
6141 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 40

If that is the exact message, it indicates that you are not populating the
sqlca.dbms parameter correctly.  It is blank.
It should be set to O73 or O84 for Oracle 8.x.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002
Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder

"Darryl Snow" <Darryl.Snow@deq.state.ok.us> wrote in message
news:w1p7TWEKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> Here is my situation:  We have installed ORACLE 8.1.6 Client on several
> workstations where PowerBuilder 7.0 Applications were also installed.  The
> certain alias names were created as "Oracle8 realease 8.0 or Oracle7
> database or service".  When I try to connect on these machines the
> PowerBuilder App returns the "DBMS not supported in your current
> installation" Error Message.
>
> What do I need to look for?
>
>


-1
Terry
7/10/2002 7:14:27 PM
The error message returns the dbms parameter with "084 ORACLE 8.0.4" or "084
Oracle8/8i (8.x.4+)"  depending on which one I have selected.


"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
news:CmSdceEKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> If that is the exact message, it indicates that you are not populating the
> sqlca.dbms parameter correctly.  It is blank.
> It should be set to O73 or O84 for Oracle 8.x.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002
> Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder
>
> "Darryl Snow" <Darryl.Snow@deq.state.ok.us> wrote in message
> news:w1p7TWEKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> > Here is my situation:  We have installed ORACLE 8.1.6 Client on several
> > workstations where PowerBuilder 7.0 Applications were also installed.
The
> > certain alias names were created as "Oracle8 realease 8.0 or Oracle7
> > database or service".  When I try to connect on these machines the
> > PowerBuilder App returns the "DBMS not supported in your current
> > installation" Error Message.
> >
> > What do I need to look for?
> >
> >
>
>


2
Darryl
7/11/2002 7:38:16 PM
In that case it means that your application cannot find the pbo8470.dll.  It
should be either in the path of the executable or set using an App Path
registry entry.  To get an idea what the key should be, look at the entry
for PB7:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
Paths\pb70.exe]
path=....
default=...
--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002
Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder

"Darryl Snow" <Darryl.Snow@deq.state.ok.us> wrote in message
news:U6J#bQRKCHA.654@forums.sybase.com...
> The error message returns the dbms parameter with "084 ORACLE 8.0.4" or
"084
> Oracle8/8i (8.x.4+)"  depending on which one I have selected.
>
>
> "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> news:CmSdceEKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> > If that is the exact message, it indicates that you are not populating
the
> > sqlca.dbms parameter correctly.  It is blank.
> > It should be set to O73 or O84 for Oracle 8.x.
> >
> > --
> > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> > Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002
> > Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder
> >
> > "Darryl Snow" <Darryl.Snow@deq.state.ok.us> wrote in message
> > news:w1p7TWEKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> > > Here is my situation:  We have installed ORACLE 8.1.6 Client on
several
> > > workstations where PowerBuilder 7.0 Applications were also installed.
> The
> > > certain alias names were created as "Oracle8 realease 8.0 or Oracle7
> > > database or service".  When I try to connect on these machines the
> > > PowerBuilder App returns the "DBMS not supported in your current
> > > installation" Error Message.
> > >
> > > What do I need to look for?
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Terry
7/11/2002 8:22:21 PM
Terry, thank you so much for the tip!!!  That was exactly the problem.

We are running the App that was causing the problem from our Network.  I had
the "Start In" Property of the Shortcut set to the folder with the
Deployment DLL's.  I dropped both pbo8470.dll and the pbo8480.dll files into
their respective folders.  ( I migrated the 7.0 App to PB 8.0 and got the
same problem. )

We got to talking about your reply and the fact that it worked when we
dropped the dll's in with the executable, and we then tried something else.

The "Start In" property of the Shortcut was set to a UNC "\\Server\Folder"
instead of a mapped drive.  The ironic thing about it is that connectivity
was the only thing affected.

Is Sybase aware of this?  Should we always use mapped drive letters instead
of a UNC?  Have you ever heard of this before?

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
news:m$TS4oRKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> In that case it means that your application cannot find the pbo8470.dll.
It
> should be either in the path of the executable or set using an App Path
> registry entry.  To get an idea what the key should be, look at the entry
> for PB7:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App
> Paths\pb70.exe]
> path=....
> default=...
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002
> Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder
>
> "Darryl Snow" <Darryl.Snow@deq.state.ok.us> wrote in message
> news:U6J#bQRKCHA.654@forums.sybase.com...
> > The error message returns the dbms parameter with "084 ORACLE 8.0.4" or
> "084
> > Oracle8/8i (8.x.4+)"  depending on which one I have selected.
> >
> >
> > "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tddykstra@forestoil.ca> wrote in message
> > news:CmSdceEKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> > > If that is the exact message, it indicates that you are not populating
> the
> > > sqlca.dbms parameter correctly.  It is blank.
> > > It should be set to O73 or O84 for Oracle 8.x.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > > Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> > > Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002
> > > Session E179 - Advanced Infomaker with Help of its Friend PowerBuilder
> > >
> > > "Darryl Snow" <Darryl.Snow@deq.state.ok.us> wrote in message
> > > news:w1p7TWEKCHA.196@forums.sybase.com...
> > > > Here is my situation:  We have installed ORACLE 8.1.6 Client on
> several
> > > > workstations where PowerBuilder 7.0 Applications were also
installed.
> > The
> > > > certain alias names were created as "Oracle8 realease 8.0 or Oracle7
> > > > database or service".  When I try to connect on these machines the
> > > > PowerBuilder App returns the "DBMS not supported in your current
> > > > installation" Error Message.
> > > >
> > > > What do I need to look for?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Darryl
7/12/2002 3:27:52 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

CONNECT ERROR: DBMS is not supported in your current installation
Hi, We are using EAServer(CTS version 4.2.3) which has PB 10.2.1 build 9597 components deployed. The EAServer had been running fine for days when suddenly it crashed. Server logs had the error CONNECT ERROR: DBMS is not supported in your current installation. The error was repeated couple of times in the file before the server crashed due to out of memory. We have a clustered Production Server environment with Primary- Secondary relationship. It was the Secondary server that crashed. The Primary was running fine when secondary crashed. After a quick check on the net and I check...

not connected when I am connected
What do I need to change on my 'puter when the icon in the toolbar shows and tells me I am connected and the error message tells me I am not and I can not go to web pages, get or send emails. I have to close down and restart to get connected again. This only happens if I am on line and leave the 'puter for an hour or so. As long as I am using it I don't have a problem. This just started about a month ago. I am on very slow dialup, DSL and Cable not in my area, thanks you SBC/ATT tks Elaine wrote: > What do I need to change on my 'puter when the icon in ...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

connecting to Oracle with ASP.NET web.config connection string ?Do I need to install a client?
I am able to access 9i and 10g Oracle DBs from other clients on my pc - sqlplus, PLSQL Developer, etc. As a simple test I just wanted to connect and access the same oracle DBs through ASP.NET on my same client ...  my web config  connection entry looks like this (somebody elsewhere said this was working for them): <add name="pp2" connectionString="user id=xxx;password=xxx;data source=(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=xx.xx.xxx.xxx)(PORT=1523))(CONNECT_DATA=(SERVICE_NAME=myservicenamet)))"/> This asp.net  code : <asp:GridView ID="G...

DBMS 072 ORACLE v7.2 is not supported in your current installation.
I get an error that says "DBMS 072 ORACLE v7.2 is not supported in your current installation." When I try to connect to an Oracle7 database using the oracle native driver. I had PB 5.03 installed and working correctly with the oracle databases. I was helping someone with an Infomaker problem and I tried to patch Infomaker to 5.04 on my machine to see if that corrected the problem; it didn't and even though I only installed the Infomaker patch, PowerBuilder was patched as well. I need to have PB 5.03 for application development so I uninstalled PB and reinstalled it with th...

DBMS 071 ORACLE v7.1 not supported in your current installation
Hi, Note: while connecting to oracle 7.1 using native drivers, I am facing the following error. DBMS 071 ORACLE v7.1 not supported in your current installation Could u help me ASAP. Thanks and Regards Sreenivas D. On Wed, 16 Jul 1997 20:19:07 +0530, "Sreenivas D." <sreenivasd@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > > Note: while connecting to oracle 7.1 using native drivers, I am >facing the following error. > > DBMS 071 ORACLE v7.1 not supported in your current installation > Look at the PO7.ZIP file on my home page. ...

Connect to DBMS hangs on the second connect
In Powerbuilder 5.0 using ODBC drivers to connect to an Oracle 7.3 database my application hangs if I have already connected to a data source through the DB profile section. This also happens when I try to connect to two different data sources from within the application. Any ideas?? Did your DBA limit the number of concurrent sessions allowed? -- Terry Dykstra [TeamPS] Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Chris Bodnar wrote in message <01bdae9b$4962fd70$969758cc@ntpc1493>... >In Powerbuilder 5.0 using ODBC drivers to connect to an Oracle 7.3 database >my application hangs if ...

Connecting to Oracle -- one time connection?
HI there, I'm new at ASP.NET 2.0 and want to connect to an oracle database.  I see how you can identifiy a data source on a datagrid but do you need to do this on every page?  Is there a way to connect to the database one time and use that connction throughout the users session? Also is it better to have the security in oracle as well if im accessing the data from there?  If I use their provided memebership tools, should i then just have a common user id/password to connect into the oracle database with?   Any help would be greatly appreciated.   A da...

Connection to Oracle using JDBC Connection
Hi, I'm trying to test a connection to Oracle using Jdbc driver. Can anyone provide me an example of who to this in PB? I just need to know exactly what are the parameters I need to set for the transaction Object. Thanks, Jos=e9 // Profile OracleJDBC SQLCA.DBMS =3d "JDBC" SQLCA.LogPass =3d <******> SQLCA.LogId =3d "oracleuser" SQLCA.AutoCommit =3d False SQLCA.DBParm =3d "Driver=3d'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver',URL=3d'jdbc:oracle:thin:@oraclehost:1521:orasid' ,DisableBind=3d1" > Hi, > > I'm trying ...

DBMS CONNECTION NOT SUPPORTED
I am using Powerbuilder 6.5. I am also using Oracle 7.3. I get an error message that says my current installation does not support DBMS 073. What does this mean and does anyone have a fix. There is a tech doc on this at the support.sybase.com website, do a search for document 47750. On Fri, 02 Jun 2000 15:09:13 -0500, anthony johnson <ajohn90@entergy.com> wrote: >I am using Powerbuilder 6.5. I am also using Oracle 7.3. I get an >error message that says my current installation does not support DBMS >073. What does this mean and does anyone have a f...

connect Oracle in PowerBuilder
Dear friends, When I connect to Oracle in PowerBuilder it give me error SQLSTATE = S1000 (Oracle) ODBC Oracle Driver)(Oracle OCT) ORA-12154: TNS could not resolve service name. Above error I never hed problem to connect but today I have error to connect. If you are using: servername= @TNS:ServiceName then the service name must appear in your tns services file: tnsnames.ora search for that file and be sure your service name appears there. Regards, John Olson [TeamPS] john.olson@bigfoot.com Developower, Inc. developower@bigf...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

DBMS Message: 999, DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation.
I am receiving this message when trying to deploy my application: "DBMS Message: 999 DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation." This application was ported from PB 5.0.3 to PB 7.0 using an ODBC interface to UniData. The application runs with no problem on my computer, however, will not run on any other computer. ODBC drivers are the same rev. level on all machines that I have tested this on (including my own). Anybody got any ideas? Thanks, Steve Have you deployed the pbodb70.dll? -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Lt...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

Web resources about - Connecting to ORACLE - "DBMS Not Supported In Your Current Installation" - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Resources last updated: 1/21/2016 12:02:21 PM