Connecting To ASA DB in Deployment

Hi there
i'm using powerbuilder 11.5.1 and ASA 11
i built my application then i tried to deploy it to windows
7
i install the database then i tested it by Data Sources
(ODBC) it's work fine but when i start the application it's
gave me error connection "Database permission"

how i can fix this problem

Regards
Ahmad Alhowaimel
0
Ahmad

Post the *exact* message and error code reported in the transaction log.
The error that you report is not a sql anywhere message.

-chris

Ahmad ALhowaimel wrote:
> Hi there
> i'm using powerbuilder 11.5.1 and ASA 11
> i built my application then i tried to deploy it to windows
> 7
> i install the database then i tested it by Data Sources
> (ODBC) it's work fine but when i start the application it's
> gave me error connection "Database permission"
>
> how i can fix this problem
>
> Regards
> Ahmad Alhowaimel
0
Chris

Connecting to ASA DB through ASAProv.80 and PowerBuilder DB Painter
I'd like to connect to an ASA db using ole and the ASAProv.80 Provider. I want to connect via the database painter. How do I create a profile? I can only see ODBC as an option for profiles. Should I have one that says OLE or OLEDB? The ODBC profiles don't have an option for the Provider. TIA Mitch Goldstein ACOM Solutions, Financial Documents Division Mitch, You probably need to specifically ask the driver to be installed during the PB 8 installation process. If you selected "Typical" then this driver probably did not get install. My advice wou...

Connection to ASA DB with WLAN connection why no error?
Hi, The connection to the database with a Windows CE mobile works with WLAN connection. DSN File : [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=tlbmobile_proxy Links=TCPIP(DOBROADCAST=DIRECT;HOST=194.124.250.130) databasename=tlbmobile_proxy Driver=\windows\dbodbc10.dll But I become no error when the server is not started or the WLAN connection is stopped. In my Pocketbuilder application, I wait... I wait... and nothing. Can you help me please. Thanks ...

How to Enable DB Connection Pooling in PB 10.5, connecting to ASA 9.0.2 DB
Hi, What should be parameter for enabling connection pooling in Powerbuilder 10.5, I want to connect to ASA 9.0.2 database through its ODBC driver. Ravi Nath There is no inherent connection pooling for the ASA odbc driver. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to medium sized business environments for free! ...

not connected when I am connected

Considerations converting powerbuilder connection from the native sql server connection to OLE DB
We have an application which was upgraded from PB8.0.3 to PB9 (original build) . The application formerly used sql servers native connection. The application is now coded to use OLEDB. We are running into minor issues that were not present with the native connection. Example: you have a stored procedure called "sp_test" that has one argument, @dummy. We would normally execute the procedure like this: EXEC sp_test 'test_value' ^ But when using OLE-DB, you have to include the parameter name, like this: EXEC sp_test @dummy='test_value' ^ Now we ...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

Connect To ASA 9 using OLE DB with PowerBuilder 9
I'm trying to connect to a database running ASA 9 in a linux pc from powerbuilder 9. I can't seem to find the right parameters, when I test the connection the ODBC dialog pops up, and I want to make the connection without ODBC. Here's the connection params... please help me telling what I'm doing wrong. (the server is starting as fernando, and the database is fernando.db) // Profile fernando SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = <***> SQLCA.LogId = "dba" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='ASAProv.90',DATASOUR...

Connect to DB connection in web.config
Hi All, I have a simple question (i think it is anyway) :-) In my web.config file I have a connectionstring: <connectionStrings>    <add name="General" connectionString="Data Source=000.000.000.000;Initial Catalog=demifire;User Id=*****;Password=****;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> </connectionStrings> My question is how do I reference this file from a codebehind page? At the top of the codebehind:Imports System.Data.SqlClientImports System.ConfigurationImports System.Web.Configuration Dim con As SqlConnection     ...

Connect to ASA
This is my DSN File on the Remote. [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=stores1 databasename=stores1 driver=dbodbc9.dll CommLinks=TCPIP{10.100.10.10:2439} databasefile=\Program Files\Store\stores1.db start=\Program Files\Sybase\ASA\rteng9.exe -q Everytime my app starts, keep getting the Connect to Adaptive Server Dialog, on clickin OK Error SQLSTATE = 08001 Connection Error in TCPIP port options on clicking X Connec Error - No data was found to satisfy the request Whats missing, any help is appreciated. Hi, try start=\Program Files\Sybase\ASA\dbsrv9.ex...

The connection is already open and the connection state is connecting.
Hello, I am getting this error time to time randomly. My web application is built on asp.net 3.5 which uses ODBC 5.1 driver to connect to mysql database. I have a separate database class which handles the connection, execute, fetching and all. The application runs fine for sometime then suddenly the users start getting this error after which the application fails to insert select from database. I have posted in this forum couple of times now and no one is really contributing or helping me. Please..Any help will be highly appreciated.. Many thanks, Viv The database abstract loo...

SFtp connect
The following Ftp connect to a sftp site has the right port/usrname/password [verified thru filezilla], but when I try to connect via TIDFTP -- I get "Connection Closed Gracefully" upon ftp->Connect();; The ftp properties are below the code. I have no other Indy objects on the form. It ocurred to me that I may need something for sftp. ftp->Connect(); if (ftp->Connected()) { ::Sleep(1); } object ftp: TIdFTP AutoLogin = True Host = 'ftp.dailyaccess.com' Password ='XXXXX' Port = 21 Username = 'charles.leggette' ProxySet...

How to connect to db through DIR Direct Connect Interface?
I want to connect to db through "DIR Direct Connect Interface",but the system reports: Stored procedure 'sp_sqlgetinfo' not found.Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists(sp_help may produce lots of output). Database Connection Syntax: // Profile Dir SQLCA.DBMS = "DIR Direct Connect Interface" SQLCA.Database = "testdb" SQLCA.ServerName = "myserver" SQLCA.LogId = "myid" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "" What's that mean?And what shall I do? Any idea will be ...

connection cache hangs when getting a DB connection
I have a PB9 component deployed in EAS 5.1 as a standard stateless component, transaction not supported, but we are using connection cache in EAS: here is the DB parm: dbms = O90 dbparm = disablebind=1,CommitOnDisconnect='NO',TimeStamp='NO',CacheName='DBConnection',GetConnectionOption='JAG_CM_WAIT' in activate we do connect using SQLCA; and de-activate we do a disconnect using SQLCA; programmatically we are handling commit and rollback to Oracle 9 DB connection (no setabort() or setcomplet() since component does not support a ...

Web resources about - Connecting To ASA DB in Deployment - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...