connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data

HI.
We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a
MS-SQL
Server DataBase.
Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we
have to use
OLE DB to connect to our DataBase.
OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are
starting to have
some unexpected troubles..
For instance:
In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB
connection give
us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank
spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server
interface),
the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"
vs "HELLO
 "

Any clue ?
thanx in advance !
Martin
0
Martin

PBTrimCharColumns

I suggest searching this newsgroup and database for more in depth suggestions on
what to setup since this is a FAQ (OLE DB from MSS)

<Martin Allocati> wrote in message news:44e49c40.638e.1681692777@sybase.com...
> HI.
> We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected to a
> MS-SQL
> Server DataBase.
> Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that we
> have to use
> OLE DB to connect to our DataBase.
> OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are
> starting to have
> some unexpected troubles..
> For instance:
> In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB
> connection give
> us all the string data without trimming the trailing blank
> spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL Server
> interface),
> the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.: "HELLO"
> vs "HELLO
> "
>
> Any clue ?
> thanx in advance !
> Martin

THANK YOU VERY MUCH !
We finally made it, the key word was 'PBTrimCharColumns' !!

Martin

> PBTrimCharColumns
>
> I suggest searching this newsgroup and database for more
> in depth suggestions on  what to setup since this is a FAQ
> (OLE DB from MSS)
>

> <Martin Allocati> wrote in message
> > news:44e49c40.638e.1681692777@sybase.com... HI.
> > We work on a project using PowerBuilder 9.0.1 connected
> > to a MS-SQL
> > Server DataBase.
> > Now we want to upgrade to PB 10, and we've realized that
> > we have to use
> > OLE DB to connect to our DataBase.
> > OK, we've made the connection via OLE DB, now we are
> > starting to have
> > some unexpected troubles..
> > For instance:
> > In datawindows retrieving String Type data, the OLE DB
> > connection give
> > us all the string data without trimming the trailing
> > blank spaces...With PowerBuilder 9 (and its native MSSQL
> > Server interface),
> > the String data would come all trimmed down...i.e.:
> > "HELLO" vs "HELLO
> > "
> >
> > Any clue ?
> > thanx in advance !
> > Martin

0
Martin

Considerations converting powerbuilder connection from the native sql server connection to OLE DB
We have an application which was upgraded from PB8.0.3 to PB9 (original build) . The application formerly used sql servers native connection. The application is now coded to use OLEDB. We are running into minor issues that were not present with the native connection. Example: you have a stored procedure called "sp_test" that has one argument, @dummy. We would normally execute the procedure like this: EXEC sp_test 'test_value' ^ But when using OLE-DB, you have to include the parameter name, like this: EXEC sp_test @dummy='test_value' ^ Now we ...

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder
PowerBuilder, connecting to MS SQL Server using MSS native driver: A field which is defined as a varchar (450) is truncated to 255 characters in PowerBuilder I am using Power Builder 7.0 with SQL Server 2000 Database. I created a datawindow using a varchar(450) field. It is allowing me enter and save 450 characters but when I retrieved the data it is truncating it to 255 chars. I looked in the database all 450 characters are there. Why it is truncating the data on retrieve? Please help me out if anybody knows the solution Thanks in advance because the native interface (Micr...

connecting to SQL Server 7 using ole db provider for Sql Server
I had problems trying to do this with a grid so I am now trying to add a new connection in the Server Explorer. I added all the neccessary info and when I hit "Test Connection" it is successful but when I ckick on "OK" I get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Anybody know what is wrong? Thanks....

Powerbuilder 9
Hi, I am trying to get connected to Microsoft SQL server 2000 using SSL, through the native driver (MSS (Msoft) SQL Server 6.0). Unfortunately, the code I am supporting is such that I can't change to ODBC or OLEDB easily. Is there a way to set the native driver to communicate using SSL? I tried DBPARM=Encrypt=1 and many other similar combinations, but no luck so far. Thanks, Brian ...

Connecting to sql server 2000 via ole db in Powerbuilder 7
I'm trying to do a direct connect to sql server 2000 using ole db. I've got one connectstring in my application (powerbuilder) that is accessing the database via odbc. I want to access a different database (for security purposes) using ole db. Is this possible? Here are my parameters: sqlca.dbms = ole db sqlca.database = picard sqlca.logid = picard sqlca.logpass = picard sqlca.servername = picardsqld1 Can someone please help with the syntax on connecting to this database. Thanks... It's possible, but oledb in PB7 doesn't work well at all. It's appa...

problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5
Dear All, I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 The error message is: Database transaction information not availiable. Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function. I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement in the click event of the botton, the script is: parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA) parent.dw_1.retrieve() Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it??? Thank You Very Much!!! It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully connected. ...

How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4?
Hi: How to set database profile to PowerBuilder 10.5 connect to MS-SQL Server 2000 sp4? It seems that the special connection inferface for "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" is canceled in PowerBuilder 10.5. I do not want to via ODBC. Thanks! Wu; No, MSS driver (actually Microsoft's NTDBLIB.dll) was cancelled by Bill Gates in SQLServer v7. It was supported in 2000 - but ANSI only with limited functionality and dropped for SS2000 and 2005 in the Unicode world. So your choices are: ODBC, OLE-DB and ADO.net. There is new SNC driver for PB 11 that is simil...

Connectivity of Sql Server With Powerbuilder 10
As I gone through the Powerbuilder10 manual,it has been mentioned that Powerbuilder10 has not provided Interface with Microsoft SQL Server, althrough We have connected our application with the help of ODBC,but the problem is that it again & again asking for the database connectivity and it won't be possible to the user to enter the information again & again as far as the large Application is concerned. So is there any other way to connect the application with MS sql Server. Thanks Ajit Prasad ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

State server+Multithreading to connect SQL DB: No connections problem
Hello,I am using asp.net 1.1 and .net state Server to manage state. We have very time consuming DB operation that runs 20 times each request. To increase performance i am making asynchronouc call to db stored proc.Problems:1 . Now for each request live db connections (sp_who) increase exponentially with each request at least 5-7 until i stop getting db connections. Error replicates randomly say 1 per 10 -20 requests.2. At beginInvoke some times no thread is created and db call is not made. is max threads are exhausting for asp.net worker process? OR Any body have any idea...  ...

Problems connecting to SQL Server Compact with Powerbuilder
Hi, I am having difficulty connecting to SQL Server Compact using Powerbuilder 9, 10.5 or 11.5 I have tried many ways but can't seem to connect. Can you please post a sample SQLCA declaration so that I can see how you connect. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Loz I am using PB 11.5 and MS SQL Server 2000 Here is my connect string in PB 11.5 // Profile TX2000SQL1 HISTORY SQLCA.DBMS = "SNC SQL Native Client(OLE DB)" SQLCA.LogPass = <***> SQLCA.ServerName = "TX2000SQL1" SQLCA.LogId = "sa" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False ...

Connecting to SQL Server using OLE DB
I am trying to switch from using the SQL Server native drivers to using OLE DB. I have it working on my development machine, but when I deploy it to a client machines, it doesn't work. All my client machines have MDAC 2.5 installed on them by default. If I upgrade to MDAC 2.7, then it works. But with 300+ clients out there, I don't really want to upgrade everyone. I am using PB 8.0.3 Build 9704. The server is SQl Server 2000. Here are the DB paramamters I am using to connect: // Profile Datawarehouse2 SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogPass = <****> SQLCA.LogId ...

Web resources about - connecting PowerBuilder 10 to MS-SQL Server using OLE DB: Problems with trailing blanks in StringType Data - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles