Call a MS SQL Server 2000 stored procedure in PB 8 via a PB script and Datawindow

I tried to call a stored procedure with owner name "sbs" via
PB script and datawindow.Also I tried different way to call
it, using
ownername.procname, procname, and dbname.ownername.procname.
But nothing works. it Always say something is not a
parameter of the proc. The error message did not show the
owner name as a part of the proc call. so I think that
somehow the owner name wasn't sent to SQL 2000 server. if I
changed the owner name to dbo, it works! so my question is
how we let PB send the whole name(including owner name) of
the proc to SQL 2000 server to get it solved.I hope you
understand me.
0
Lin

Lin,

What database driver are you using ? If ODBC, then please take a look at the
DBParm setting : PBUseProcOwner. This tells PB whether or not to prefix the
stored proc name with the owner name.

Sanjiv.

<Lin Yang> wrote in message news:4006e219.63e3.846930886@sybase.com...
> I tried to call a stored procedure with owner name "sbs" via
> PB script and datawindow.Also I tried different way to call
> it, using
> ownername.procname, procname, and dbname.ownername.procname.
> But nothing works. it Always say something is not a
> parameter of the proc. The error message did not show the
> owner name as a part of the proc call. so I think that
> somehow the owner name wasn't sent to SQL 2000 server. if I
> changed the owner name to dbo, it works! so my question is
> how we let PB send the whole name(including owner name) of
> the proc to SQL 2000 server to get it solved.I hope you
> understand me.

0
Sanjiv