Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0

Hi group,
i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally
required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do
that??

0
normaltusker

You would still need to have the driver registered.  But you could use
a DNSless connection to avoid having to have entries for the database.
See the last half of the following:

http://teamsybase.net/blogs/?p=44

On 29 Jan 2007 04:56:50 -0800, normaltusker@gmail.com wrote:

>Hi group,
>i am trying to get rid of the ODBC settings that are generally
>required when one tries to connect PB with UDB. Is there a way to do
>that??

0
Bruce

PowerBuilder 7.0 database connectivity
I am looking for a list of servers that PowerBuilder 7.0 supports. In particular, if PB7.0 supports Oracle 8-I. Also, if PB7 support SQLServer 7.0 and Oracle 8.1.5? Are there patches to support these databases? In the PB 7 evaluationCD, we only get SQLServer 6.5 and Oracle 8.0.5 maximum. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you. Michael Noche You would use the same drivers as you received with the eval; however, support for Oracle and Microsoft is somewhat rolling... that is as 8.1.6 is released for instance, the Oracle 8 driver in PowerBuilder is enhanced to work with t...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Powerbuilder 7.0 and My SQL, MSDE database connection
Hi all Is it possible to connect My SQL database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 application? If so what is the connection parameter? Also, Is it possible to connect MSDE Database and Powerbuilder 7.0 Build 10312 Application? If so what is the connection parameter for MSDE database? Is it any ODBC drivers need to be configured for the above said databases (My SQL and MSDE). Where could I get the ODBC drivers for My SQL database and MSDE database? also what is the installation procedure? Is there any special steps need to be followed to configure the My SQL or MSDE databases w...

Connecting PowerBuilder 7.0 to Oracle 8i via ODBC
Hi all, I am connecting a PowerBuilder 7.0 application to an Oracle 8i database via ODBC (driver version 8.01.61.00) in a client server system. The Oracle ODBC driver does retrieve the table information but not the columns. I get the message "Table 'xxxx' has no columns, possible invalid table format". If I use the native connection or the Microsoft ODBC driver instead, it seems to fix the problem. Using the Microsoft driver is not an option because of it not supporting BLOBs. Thanks in advance, Didier Latkowski ...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

Powerbuilder and ODBC connection to Progress database
We are trying to connect an application to a Progress database. Our application is written in PB 5.04. We have version 8.3E of Progress and would like to establish an ODBC connection to our application. We are able to connect to Progress but not in Powerbuilder or through our application. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Carol Burrows DBC SMARTSoftware, Inc carol_burrows@dbcsmartsoftware.com When you cannot connect, what error do you get? Can you connect outside of PowerBuilder via ODBC using MS Query or some other tool. The newer versions of ODBC Administrat...

Chinese became chaos code on PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0
I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to SQL server 7.0, I keyed in Chinese data when Chinese became chaos code on display. I preview or print out also got the chaos code. I used OLE DB to link with SQL server 7.0 Please give me comment to fix it. -- Best Regards Wong Tat Ming Tel: 25235090 Email: tmwong@diagnostix.com.hk You need the Unicode versions of these.... PB 10.0 or higher plus SS2005 will get you to full Unicode compatibility. "chu" <chuchoy@msn.com> wrote in message news:4588d7be$1@forums-1-dub... > I used PowerBuilder 9.0.3 connect to ...

Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection.
Name: George Ginsburg Email: ginsburgattiacdotnet Product: Firefox Summary: Why do I have to allow Firefox (2.0.0.7) to connect with one or more sites before I can connect with my Earthlink dial-up connection. Comments: When I simply bring up Firefox, I get the following or similar messages which come from my security monitor on outgoing message requests: first: "firefox-bin wants to connect to static-fxfeeds.nslb.sj.mozilla.com on TCP port 80 (http)," second: (typical) firefox-bin wants to connect to 130.94.77.118 on TCP port 443 (https)," third type: paraphr...

Connect to Jaguar ConnectionCache from PowerBuilder 7.0
Hi, Im trying to connect to an installed connection cache on my Jaguar server, but I get the following error everytime I try to access the method: Server Message: Number 40000, Severity 16 SystemException - IDL:omg.org/CORBA/INTERNAL:1.0 (return status = -12) The component is a PB NVO, the code I use to try to access the CC is the following, // Profile JaguarConnect SQLCA.DBMS = "SYJ Adaptive Server Enterprise (Jaguar Components)" SQLCA.LogId = "jagadmin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "UseContextObject='Yes',CacheName='myCon...

Not able to connect to informix from Powerbuilder 7.0
Hi I am trying to connect to Database from my application to Informix and it won't connect . It would give an error sqlerrtext : DBMS IN7 I-Net v7.x is not supported in your current installation. The envoromment is Powerbuilder 7.0. If i do SHift + F7 it works and i am able to see the tables. When i try to connect from Pb6.5.1 to the same database , there is no problem any advice would help Srikanth Make sure you have that driver installed, and that PB 7.0 recognizes it. sri wrote: > Hi > > I am trying to connect to Database from my ap...

Client Connections and PowerBuilder connections
What do I need to do to my NT box to be able to run a browser from a client machine to run the demo database/tutorial? I am able to run the demo from the NT server itself, but would like to test client connectivity. My client has browser capability. Furthermore, I am anticipating on using Jaguar as a middle tier for accepting communications from PowerBuilder. Jaguar would then take the SQL and pass the information onto a SYBASE SQL Server. I am not even concerned with any of the business logic that may be involved but am more interested in getting Jaguar to be a middle tier while...

Connection from PowerBuilder connects to Internet
We have a client who has experienced a problem I've seen posted on this forum but can't find now. When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I remember that it's a problem with their version of the winsock.dll, but I don't remember the recommended solution. Thanks for you help, James Clanton >When they connect with our application to SQLAnywhere, they're getting their >connect to AOL dialog. They can cancel out and everything works. I >rem...

PowerBuilder 9.0.1: Connect to Oracle Using the PowerBuilder Native Driver
Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be related to our production issue. http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11000397 http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=11008896 Thanks in advance, John johnshi@yahoo.com The first one only affects the development environment, and the second one is only applicable to datawindows build with the old PBDBMS method. What problems are you having? On 12 Oct 2004 08:56:32 -0700, John Shi wrote: >Could anyone please email me this Solved Cases? It may be >related to our production i...

PowerBuilder 5.0 and Oracle 7.3, how do I connect them?
First let me say I am new to PowerBuilder *and* Oracle. Don't assume I know anything! I have the following setup: 1. PowerBuilder 5.0 running on Windows 95 2. Oracle SQL Plus v3.3.2.0.0 on the same Win95 machine. 3. Oracle 7.3 running on HPUX 10.20 I am able to connect to Oracle via SQL Plus. How do I connect to Oracle via PowerBuilder? When I attempt the connection I get the following error message. "ORA-03121: no interface driver connected - function not performed" I *do* have the proper .dlls for connecting to Oracle 7.1 and 7.2. I don't have either of tho...

Web resources about - Avoiding ODBC Connections when setting up a UDB database in Powerbuilder 7.0 - sybase.powerbuilder.connection

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles