Sample Code for RS232 port

I'am new with Power++ and I'am locking for sample code on how to work with
ports (RS232 serial port) with Power++ and Windows95.
Does anybody know where I can get something to read and try and play around?

Thank you
Christian

0
Christian
11/22/1999 10:50:42 AM
sybase.power++.general 2129 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hello Karl

I don`t think Power++ has a serial port functionality. I use WIN32 SDK for
this.
A (relative) good sample code is found on:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wcedoc/wcecomm/serial_18.htm

Hope it helps
Boaz

Christian Karl <karl@ikon.de> skrev i en
nyhedsmeddelelse:95mWTUNN$GA.304@forums.sybase.com...
> I'am new with Power++ and I'am locking for sample code on how to work with
> ports (RS232 serial port) with Power++ and Windows95.
> Does anybody know where I can get something to read and try and play
around?

> Thank you
> Christian

0
Boaz
11/22/1999 5:05:57 PM
On Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:50:42 +0100, "Christian Karl" <karl@ikon.de>
wrote:

>I'am new with Power++ and I'am locking for sample code on how to work with
>ports (RS232 serial port) with Power++ and Windows95.
>Does anybody know where I can get something to read and try and play around?
>
>Thank you
>Christian

check out this website
http://www.lvr.com/serport.htm

Joel
0
Joel
11/22/1999 9:08:35 PM
I have code that I have written for Power++. It is a serial class that
can read/write from/to the serial port using buffering. It is also multi
threaded. Let me know if you want me to email it to you.

--
Regards
Kon Tantos

Christian Karl wrote:

> I'am new with Power++ and I'am locking for sample code on how to work with
> ports (RS232 serial port) with Power++ and Windows95.
> Does anybody know where I can get something to read and try and play around?
>
> Thank you
> Christian
0
Kon
11/24/1999 7:02:57 PM
"Boaz Ben-Porat" <BoazB@datapharm.dk> wrote in message
> Hello Karl
>
> I don`t think Power++ has a serial port functionality. I use WIN32 SDK for
> this.
> A (relative) good sample code is found on:
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wcedoc/wcecomm/serial_18.htm
>
> Hope it helps
> Boaz
>

> Christian Karl <karl@ikon.de> skrev i en
> nyhedsmeddelelse:95mWTUNN$GA.304@forums.sybase.com...
> > I'am new with Power++ and I'am locking for sample code on how to work
with
> > ports (RS232 serial port) with Power++ and Windows95.
> > Does anybody know where I can get something to read and try and play
> around?
> >
> > Thank you
> > Christian

0
David
12/18/1999 4:24:25 AM
Windows developers Journal - July 97 had an excellent RS-232 module.

On Fri, 17 Dec 1999 20:24:25 -0800, "David Torrez"
<mfc_coder@NOSPAM.msn.com> wrote:

>"Boaz Ben-Porat" <BoazB@datapharm.dk> wrote in message
>> Hello Karl
>>
>> I don`t think Power++ has a serial port functionality. I use WIN32 SDK for
>> this.
>> A (relative) good sample code is found on:
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wcedoc/wcecomm/serial_18.htm
>>
>> Hope it helps
>> Boaz
>>

>> Christian Karl <karl@ikon.de> skrev i en
>> nyhedsmeddelelse:95mWTUNN$GA.304@forums.sybase.com...
>> > I'am new with Power++ and I'am locking for sample code on how to work
>with
>> > ports (RS232 serial port) with Power++ and Windows95.
>> > Does anybody know where I can get something to read and try and play
>> around?
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> > Christian

0
dave
there is an excellent OCX:
MSComm32.ocx

belonging to Visual C++ and Visual Basic. I tried it and found it is working
very fine!

David Torrez schrieb:

> "Boaz Ben-Porat" <BoazB@datapharm.dk> wrote in message
> > Hello Karl
> >
> > I don`t think Power++ has a serial port functionality. I use WIN32 SDK for
> > this.
> > A (relative) good sample code is found on:
> >
> > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/wcedoc/wcecomm/serial_18.htm
> >
> > Hope it helps
> > Boaz
> >

> > Christian Karl <karl@ikon.de> skrev i en
> > nyhedsmeddelelse:95mWTUNN$GA.304@forums.sybase.com...
> > > I'am new with Power++ and I'am locking for sample code on how to work
> with
> > > ports (RS232 serial port) with Power++ and Windows95.
> > > Does anybody know where I can get something to read and try and play
> > around?
> > >
> > > Thank you
> > > Christian

PHASE GmbH, Bluechertr. 2, D-23564 Luebeck
Tel. +49-451-792744, Fax +49-451-792644
Web: http://www.phase-hl.com

0
Christian

Seperating Admin code in code-behind from general code
Hi guys, I just want to know if it would improve the functioning of my site to create two seperate dlls: One of the dll's would contain all the code for the general functioning of the site, and the other dll would contain all of the code for the administration elements of the site. Thanks GP...

Library code for rs232 communication with com port
There are no example I can find on the serial port programming so far so can any one help : I am trying to convert / test if the following code works in dot net 2.0 http://www.codeworks.it/net/VBNetRS232.htm http://brian.vallelunga.com/code/x10/ While there are library to work with serial communication in Delphi and other development platform, there is very limited resource on this area. Can any one guide on this. My intention is to program x10 firecracker so that it can turn on and off lights. and also for barcode scanner drivers and webcam video conferencing. Is usb 2....

possible CTEs in the Code Gallery Scaffold sample code
 FYI, it looks there are some possible CTEs in the Code Gallery Scaffold sample code. This is the page where I got to code... http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/dynamicdata/Wiki/View.aspx?title=NET35Samples These are the compile-time-errors when I tried to compile with VS.NET 2008 SP1... Error 1 Type 'System.Web.DynamicData.DynamicDataManager' does not have a public property named 'enablequerystringselection'. C:\Code\Temp\DynamicDataSamples\ScaffoldDemo\DynamicData\PageTemplates\List.aspx 6  Error 2 Type 'System.Web.DynamicData.Dy...

To code or not to code?
The rise of Open Source software adoption has brought with it increased awareness of non-proprietary programming technologies. http://www.itnews.com.au/Feature/4593,to-code-or-not-to-code.aspx -- "Never drive faster than your ANGEL can fly" ...

Here is a sample of the code.
EditItemTemplate inside of the FormView: <EditItemTemplate> .....Removed Code for Clarity <asp:DropDownList ID="drpParent" SelectedValue='<%# Bind("ParentID") %>' Runat="server" CssClass="standard" Width="100%" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource2" DataTextField="Name" DataValueField="OrganizationID" AppendDataBoundItems="True" OnDataBound="drpParent_DataBound"> <asp:ListItem>&lt;&lt; None &gt;&gt;</asp:ListItem> </asp:DropDownList> .......Removed Code for Clarity </EditItemTemplate> DataSources -- SqlDataSource1 is for the FormV...

sample code
Hello, Where i can find sample code to kicktart this amazing platform Many many thanks Luigi for 2.0Sreedharhttp://www.w3coder.orgweblog http://weblogs.asp.net/skoganti...

sample code
--=-RhEjMsbiOB21ibb0Bbn+ Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I've written a library of sorts which contains useful routines such as: _absi - absolute value of I0 _absn - absolute value of I0 _chomp - chomp a string (S0) with a trailing newline _chr - create a string (S0) with the ascii value of I0 _exit - terminate with a return code of I0 _hex - return in I0 the decimal value of the hex string in S0 _index - return the index (in I0) of S1 in S0 starting with I0 _lc - lowercase S0 _lcfirst - lowercase the first character in S0 _ord - return (in I0) t...

Code Sample
Hello Everyone, Does anyone have any code sample or link reference on how to build a dropdown list dynamically using sql table data. I also need some reference on how to add the option value of the dropdown listed using a store procedure to the same table. I'm basically want to display some values on a dropdown list and when the user select a value from the dropdown add to a sql table. I'm using a store procedure to add the new record to the table. Thanks <asp:DropdownList id="DL1" runat="server" onSlectedIndexChanged="DL1_IndexChanged" />...

Sample Code
Hi! I'm attempting to create a web page with an HTML datawindow on it which will access several Jaguar components. I have read all the documentation, seen many code snippets, but I am looking for some sample web pages that actually accomplish this task. Specifically, I am looking to put code in the Buttonclicked, clicked, rowfocuschanged and itemchanged events. Can someone point me to some examples? Thanks in Advance (I know ... I can abreviate!) -- Timothy P. Beck IntelliServe LLC An Intelligent Choice www.intelliserve.com tpbeck@intelliserve.com (760) 431-1310 ...

Code samples
I went to this page: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/ , but I could not find any C/C++ code samples about NSS or PSM using. I'm looking for code samples how-to sign/verify bytes (PCKS7) using certificates stored in Mozilla certificate store? Also, looking for code samples how-to make SHA1 hash of some bytes? I hope someone will answer this question. Thank you in advance. @(none) wrote on 3/1/2004, 7:49 AM: > > I went to this page: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/ , > but I could not find any C/C++ code samples about NSS or PSM...

code sample
hi, Please le me know the url for code sample of datawindow.net2 in asp.net. Is petshop using Datawindow.net2 available? Regards RRM ...

Sample code
Below is what is working for me... string sSQL = "SELECT code_type,description, format, range_start,range_end FROM sys_codes_type" of_SetLevelSource( true ) this.inv_levelsource.of_Register( 1, "description", "", sqlca, sSQL, "") this.inv_levelsource.of_Register( 2, 'code_label', ":parent.1.code_type", "d_sys_codes_codes", sqlca, "" ) this.event pfc_Populate(0) OR this.inv_levelsource.of_Register( 1, "description", "your arg here", sqlca, sSQL, "") ...

SQL
Hi I recieved no reply to this message in Third Party Tools, posted here... I am looking for a component or code to allow a user to construct a SQL statement without graphical assistance. Similar to the way Borland allows the user to construct the "CommandText" value in a TADODataSet component, however I don't particularly need the assistance offered to get column and table names. Just the basics... I would like the user to be able to construct and test a SQL statement at run-time. Any information would be good. daryl "Daryl Stock" <developer@...

Code Sample
What is wrong with the following code? Hundreds of errors appear in the JavaScript editor that state that top.mouseMove has no properties. I am trying to use this code to trigger the collapse of a menu and the re-expansion. Thanks! <iframe id="content" src="EdImageMapPage.html" flex="1" onmousedown="top.downMouse(event)" onmouseup="top.upMouse(event)" onmousemove="top.moveMouse(event)" onclick="top.clickMouse(event)" /> ...

Web resources about - Sample Code for RS232 port - sybase.power++.general

File:National Park Service sample pictographs.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This image or media file contains material based on a work of a National Park Service employee, created during the course of the person's official ...

Facebook Gives Developers Easier Access To Sample Apps
Facebook took steps to make its sample applications more readily accessible by developers , creating a new Samples and How Tos page , as well ...

Discover New Sample Apps
We're always looking for ways to simplify how you integrate with Facebook. Today, we've made it easier to find our sample apps. Our samples ...

Splenda uses Facebook to Dole Out 16,000 Samples of New Splenda Mist
In a break from traditional product sampling, sweetener brand Splenda is sending Facebook fans samples of its new Splenda Mist product to test ...

Archbishop Sample (@ArchbishpSample) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Archbishop Sample @ ArchbishpSample ...

Sample Lab for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Sample Lab on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Samsung Droid Charge Samples - a set on Flickr
Photos taken with the Samsung Droid Charge

CSIRO sues contractor after fridge power left off, rare samples destroyed
A simple flick of the switch allegedly destroyed a rare CSIRO collection, costing it millions and destroying years of research.

Journalist Samples the Holiday Version of ‘Disciplinary Loaf’
In a Dec. 18 New York Times article , Albany reporter Jesse McKinley included as a side note illustration the full recipe for Nutraloaf, an infamous ...

Shop the Madeline Weinrib Sample Sale This Weekend — Design News
Pin it Attention, New Yorkers! Madeline Weinrib is having a sample sale this weekend at ABC Carpet + Home, where a whole host of rugs, accessories, ...