Powerbuilder

I was speaking with a contact at State of Oregon who had a question/issue:

They had someone from IBM put a sniffer on their network, and they
noticed that their powerbuilder app. would quite often have a few timeouts
before connecting to ASE 11.9.2.    I believe there is an ASE server
parameter
that defines the amount of time for the server to wait before sending a
message
back to disconnect, along with the number of retries, but he was wondering
if
there is something in powerbuilder?   (I'm trying to find the ASE end of
it, but
having difficulty...it's something that goes into the interfaces file.)
They are using PB 7.0.02...they
are using open client on the desktop...PB makes an attachment to open
client,
then to ASE.  they have dbparam set where appname = "X", packetsize =
1024...
do you know if there is a place here for a timeout value?  (they want to
set it
somewhat higher to see if less retries would improve anything, although he
says they aren't seeing any major problem...i think the trace is showing
more
pain than they're feeling...)

Let me know...

--
mitchell_marvin@hotmail.com

0
Marvin
4/24/2001 10:27:31 PM
sybase.power++.general 2129 articles. 0 followers. Follow

power in Power
What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere, but anyway... Saso On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 15:56:35 +0200, "Saso Zivanovic" <zivanovic@fmf.uni-lj.si> wrote: >What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but >when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere, >but anyway... > >Saso > > Hi, Saso The '^' operator is bitwise exclusive or. Although you can do some things with Po...

What generals generally do

PowerBuilder and Power++ Datawindows
We are still maintaining an old Power++ based application, which makes quite extensive use of DataWindows. Since using the DataWindows with a MS SQL Server 2005 (a customer requirement), we are looking for a solution where we can use the old Power++ SW with a more recent DataWindows implementation. Is this possible at all with PowerBuilder? Are we able to import or migrate the already existing *.pbl/*.pbd files? Os is DataWindows.NET a more feasible solution? TIA, Oliver Oliver wrote... > We are still maintaining an old Power++ based application, > which makes quite exten...

Is PowerBuilder.General newsgroup broken?
Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. Mike Just saw some new ones now..Could be some haven't switched to the new servers.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. "Mike Niemann" <mniemann@oowidgets.com> wrote in message news:#VivpTX7CHA.331@forums-2-dub... > Haven't seen a message poster there in many days. > > Mike > > I had the same problem too! Then I right-clicked on the newsgroup and clicked properties->Local Files Tab->Clicked on the Reset to reset all the postin...

Welcome to the PowerBuilder.General newsgroup
Welcome to the Powersoft sponsored newsgroup for general PowerBuilder questions. While we encourage you to look around forums.powersoft.com to find a newsgroup that most precisely fits the topic of your question, we encourage those whose questions fall between the cracks to post their questions here. While Powersoft controls this newsgroup, there are some **MIS**interpretations of that fact that should be avoided: - "Posting a message means a guaranteed answer from Powersoft." In an effort to help PowerBuilder developers help each other become successful, Powersof...

Cross-compiling between Power++ and Powerbuilder
Hi, I ran into a DataWindow Problem in Power++; It refuses to print out more than one page correctly, unlike PowerBuilder, which can handle the exact same nested report fine. My Idea was to encapsulate the Report in a PowerBuilder Function. Obviously, I have to include the DLL's and such at distribution time, but at least the Print-Out will work correctly. My Problem is how to create a Function under Powerbuilder which I can then implement under Power++. PB has a C Code generator, but I don't seem to be able to get any refrence or help about that subject. I thought of using...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
Can someone help me please. I am using PB7 Build 8033 and Excel 97 SR1 I have a spreadsheet which has 1 chart "graph", and 2 sheets "Model" and "Calculations". There are also 7 macros in module 1. I am trying to use OLE Automation to link to the spreadsheet, I need to populate some cells, run some macros and retreive some cells. I can get excel and the spreadsheet to open in automation mode, I can retreive and populate individual cell value, and I can successfully close and disconnect from excel and the spreadsheet. My problem is that I cannot s...

How Power++ can be used with Powerbuilder ?
Hi all ! I'm new to Power++. I work with powerbuilder and I want to know how Power++ and Powerbuilder can be used together. Here at Algo Design inc., we do all databases development with Powerbuilder. How can I integrate Power++ application ? Thanks guys ! ------------------------------------------------- Yvan Lussier R&D Algo Design inc. The first thing to understand is that Power++ 2.0 and 2.1 supports PowerBuilder v5 datawindows only. Power++ 2.5 will support PB v6 datawindows when its released. Jim Fennacy ����� � ��������� ... >The firs...

powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general
This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I was able to hit it 11:25 am Eastern Daylight Savings Time vie OE newsreader. Russ <rob.potts@veridian.com> wrote in message news:3485451A5E94D5550053492985256D08.0053493885256D08@webforums... This news group seems to be down, trying to hit it from the web page. I've notified the people in charge. Until it's resolve, you can still use the web-based newsreader at www.pfcguide.com. On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:14:52 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.futures_discussion <Joe_Slawsky> ...

Great thread in the powerbuilder.general forum
Look for the one entitled "Identity Column". It started on 4/7/2003 with a question about implementing IDENTITY/AUTOINCREMENT columns in PB datawindows, but has morphed into a debate of Oracle v. ASA. Anybody that wants to pile on, please feel free to contribute! -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com Join the PB9 Book mailing list! www.pb9book.com ...

PowerBuilder template setting for Power Designer
I have trouble setting the Power Builder template for Power Designer and I got the message of "No default set for Application template! Update it in your model extended attributes". I already set the value of template library in the Libraries tab! The same problem occurs for Version 6 release 1.2, 1.3, 1.5 and version 7. I tried to set from the Model Attribute -> extended, template tab. I also tried from Client->PowerBuilder Attribute. both give me the same message about default template not set.. I tried all possible way mention in the on-line help that i could fin...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

PowerBuilder, Power++, Delphi, CBuilder, VB or VC++ ??
Dear Power++ Group, I am totally ignorant of PowerBuilder or even what kind of language it uses. I know that Delphi is Object Pascal (I've used Version 2.0 a while back, and 4.0 is probably completely different today), and even though I don't know much about VisualC++, a friend of mine who does, blew me away by creating a basic app within a couple of minutes that included build-in print and preview mode using some kind of a wizard. So I assume that VC++ is not the one that I knew from version 2.0. Considering all the code we had to manually write (and believe me it was a lot)...

use powerbuilder novisual object in power site
Hi all, I just build a nonvisual object in powerbuilder 7.0 and have disployed it to jagar as jagar component. Now, I want to use it at the powersite, I don't know how to use it. I know that if the EJB jargar component can be called as following: HomeObj = java.GetHomeInterface(xxxxx,xxx,xxx); ss = HomeObj.create(); ss.EJBFunction(xxx, xxx, xxxx); I want to know that can I call those NV object like that? You just need to add some server side script in the page where you want to call the component..... -------- Script start var pbComp = java.CreateComponen...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder - sybase.power++.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles