power in Power

What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but
when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere,
but anyway...

Saso

0
Saso
9/5/1998 1:56:35 PM
sybase.power++.general 2129 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 15:56:35 +0200, "Saso Zivanovic"
<zivanovic@fmf.uni-lj.si> wrote:

>What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but
>when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere,
>but anyway...
>
>Saso

Hi, Saso

The '^' operator is bitwise exclusive or. Although you can do some
things with Power++ with no pre-knowledge of C or C++, you'll soon
find that you need at least the basics. I'd suggest something like
Stan Lippman's "C++ Primer", or, if you like your information more
concentrated, Stroupstrop's "The C++ Programming Language."

--
Al Balmer
Balmer Software Consulting

Please reply in newsgroup, not e-mail.
0
albalmer

Power-on and reboot after power failure
Hi, I just set up a small school I volunteer at with a simple openSUSE 10.3 server in their computer lab. It's running on a Dell poweredge system. The Dell doesn't have anything I could find in BIOS or any other hardware level config settings that would tell it to reboot after a power failure. Right now, if the power fails and then comes back on the machine will sit there until someone hits the front panel "on" button. Not good. The research I did indicates that Dell's answer is that it's up to the operating system to "set the boot flag". ...

Power Tool /Power Cerv
Is there any way to access old user groups circa 1994-96 for discussions on Powertool/PowerCerv. Our Powerbuilder system was build with PowerTool version 4.1 and Power Cerv 4.0 as its ancestor objects. Its currently at PB6.5.1 every thing still works but I would imagine its going quit working in the next few operating systems. My real question is their any way to find old manuals as we build new addons its sometimes difficult to see/remember what its doing, other than surfing through the code. Getting selected rows to work with the cntrl-shift copy etc. Anyone remember u_dwa , u_cb, ...

Power down by power button Frezzing
My laptop is frezzing when I press the power down button. Not completely though, I am able to minimize windows etc just not able to click anything on the panel thus I can't power off and end up having to hold the power button until the computer powers off. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could deal with this. As well I am wanting to set it up so that I could power of the computer simply by closing the lid. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. -- tjstinson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Are you al...

power of
Hi! This may sound as a very stupid question, but here it comes anyways. Has anybody come across a function that wold calculate the power of a number, like the pow function in C. Simply, x to the power of y. I know of 2 options, one an inefficient iterative multiplication, but I have real numbers as power, so that is ruled out. Another is to do something like this: exp(y*log x), but is an approximation. So, please do let me know if there is any other more accurate way of doing it. Thanks, Prachi. _________________________________________________________________ Join t...

The Most Powerful!!
Name: Lord vectronx Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: The Most Powerful!! Comments: Yeah man, good work in progress!! This is in my opinion, the most powerful internet browser ever made. Simple, light, fast and it make what we can expect from a good "navigator", so now you had integrate some -opera ;-)- good functionalities, it missed some interesting functions like "Groups" of sites, favorites etc.. -see Maxthon to see what i talking for ;)- and the job will be near the PERFECT life for the Net Surfer , the Nirvana of the Wired Life, go go go boys, we can do ...

Power ++
Yes I'm interested with that copy, how much will you sell it?? Yves Lavoie -------------------------------------- I can sell power++ developer 2.0 (new copy, never opened). Are you interested in? regards, zbyszek ogledzki _______________________________ PANGEA Zbigniew Ogledzki http://www.pangea.com.pl email:zbyszek@pangea.com.pl ...

Power on
Got a machine running Win 98. A while back I fiddled with the power settings in the Control Panel. Now when the machine is powered on (done by turning on the powerbar that goes to wall electrical socket, not by pressing poweron switch on computer) the disk drive light comes on for a couple of seconds and then the machine shuts off. Have to then press the poweron switch to start the machine. Occasionally the machine will startup normally just by turning on powerbar. Thanks for any advice on this. Bruce <bru221100@yahoo.com> wrote: > Got a machine running Win 98. A while bac...

powerful
Name: mar3o Email: maree1717atyahoodotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 2 Summary: powerful Comments: Namoroka is one of the most powerful browsers in the world ....I prefer it Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1) Gecko/20090806 Namoroka/3.6a1 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.6a1/firstrun/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Power++
Came across Power++ today. They call it a descendant of Delphi on their FAQ. It offers multiple languages, including Pascal++, in which to program. http://gridplusplus.com/power Anyone used it or know much about it? -- Kevin Powick Kevin, > Came across Power++ today. They call it a descendant of Delphi on > their FAQ. It offers multiple languages, including Pascal++, in which > to program. > > http://gridplusplus.com/power > > Anyone used it or know much about it? nope, but i'd be wary of a developer tool website where seemingly every ...

More power to you
"What goes into a super PC now" <http://www.washingtontechnology.com/news/20_2/emerging- tech/25350-1.html> OR <http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y1CB2105A> UJ _________ - How do you compare security tools ? Bruce Schneier ...

How To force Win XP Power Policies
How can we use ZenWorks for Desktops 4.0.1, with NetWare 6.5, Windows XP Professional, no AD or Domain controller, to force the power policies on each Windows XP Pro machine to completely disable all power saving, hibernation and standby settings? I have not found any entries in the Windows Group Policy Editor to address this. I have not found any Windows Group Policy settings in ZenWorks to do this. Any ideas????? > I have not found any entries in the Windows Group Policy Editor to address > this. I have not found any Windows Group Policy settings in ZenWorks to &g...

Error al migrar power 8 a power 9
Buen dia, tengo una aplicacion desarrollada en power builder 8.0, pero necesito trasladarla a power builder 9.0 me sale dos errores: pfc_main.pbl(pfc_n_trp).2:Error C0001:ilegal data type:transport pfe_main.pbl(pfc_n_trp).2:Error C0001:ilegal data type:pfc_n_trp aqui es el codigo: /***************************************** pfc_main.pbl(pfc_n_trp) : /***************************************** forward global type pfc_n_trp from transport end type end forward global type pfc_n_trp from transport end type global pfc_n_trp pfc_n_trp forward prototypes protected function ...

Why to upgrade Power Builder 8 from Power Builder 7
Hello All, I work for a client in New York city. All of our current applictions are written in Powerbuilder and Sybase environment. Recently we migrated our Financial application into Oracle. Now our management wants to re-write all other applications into Oracle forms with Oracle database. It will take from one year to two years. Right now we are in Powerbuilder 7.0 which is stable environment and our management is thinking to upgrade from PB 7 to powerbuilder 8 Is there any Pros and Cons on the upgrade please let me know. Thank you in advance, Chandrika. ---== Poste...

Ingenieria en Reversa Power House
Alguno de Uds. ha realizado reverse eng. desde un archivo QDS de Power House, para obtener la definicion en un modelo en Power Designor Data Arch. Please re-post this in English. Alexander Nolazco Reyes wrote in message <350F26EC.7E2FC0C2@mh.gob.sv>... >Alguno de Uds. ha realizado reverse eng. desde un archivo QDS de Power >House, para obtener la definicion en un modelo en Power Designor Data >Arch. > > As far as I can tell there is no reverse engineer feature for Power House. You can generate a Power House application but it doesn't work in rev...

Web resources about - power in Power - sybase.power++.general

Power Line
Every year for some time now, has selected an English Premier League team of the year. Last year, in my absence, a long-time reader made the ...

Balance of power in international relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... as allying with others against the prevailing threat, whereas bandwagoning refers to alignment with the source of danger. The Balance of Power ...

Argentina presidential election: Mauricio Macri brings conservatives to power
Opposition candidate Mauricio Macri won Argentina's presidential election on Sunday, marking an end to the left-leaning and often-combative era ...

US experts warn of risks selling NSW power to China
American intelligence and defence experts have urged Australia to spurn or impose tough conditions on a Chinese consortium bidding for the NSW ...

Zenos E10 R adds power to lightness
... Misc. Automakers , Performance British track car manufacturer Zenos Cars reveals the new R version of its E10 speedster, packing 350 horsepower ...

Lilys share new video co-directed by Stephen "ESPO" Powers
photo: Lilys @ BV CMJ 2015 (more by Amanda Hatfield) Lilys have a new video for their song "High Writer at Home" from their classic 1994 album ...

33,000 shivering without power for a week in Spokane, Washington
Customers living without heat amid subfreezing temperatures and the forecast calls for snow and wind chills dropping into single digits

Only The Internet Has the Power to Turn the Lockdown in Belgium into a Time to Tweet Cat Pictures
On Sunday night, as a major anti-terror police operation was under way in Brussels, authorities asked the public to not report officers' movements ...

Gamesa Plans 100 MW Of Solar Power In India, Commissions Its First Project
Gamesa has chosen one of the fastest-growing markets in the world to stage its comeback in the solar power sector. The Spanish renewable energy ...

Ben Carson Accuses Media Of 'Misusing Their Power' To Dig Up Dirt On Him
Republican presidential candidate Ben Carson lashed out at some members of the media over the weekend, saying that they had misused their power ...