Can anyone get Excel 97 Automation to work with their Power++?

I've tried this on two different machines with the latest copy of Power++
2.0 and I can not get "Excel.Application" automation object to work with
Power++ 2.0.

I do the following:
1. From the menu select Components -> Add ActiveX Components..
2. Select "Show Automation Servers"
3. Select "Microsoft Excel 97 Application"
4. Try different combinations of the setting from the ActiveX component
wizard
5. Press finish

What I see is a message stating that something is building (I can not see it
well since it flashes by quickly).  Then I get a message saying ActiveX
component library(s) successfully created.

BUT nothing gets created no new directory under the component directory and
nothing gets added to the component palate.

Frankly, I'm getting very frustrated and disappointed with the ActiveX
capabilities of Power++ (or lack of) .  I have a project due and I'm forced
to use Delphi to meet my deadline.

Can anyone out there duplicate this problem or is it me.  I've successfully
used Excel automation from PowerBuilder 5 and Delphi on both the machines,
so I don't think there is anything wrong with Excel.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ali Pashaei.

0
Ali
1/13/1998 11:52:20 PM
sybase.power++.general 2129 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I can't get it to work either but I'm not running the latest version of
Excel.  Is Excel a true ActiveX or just an OLE?
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dealer Solutions, LLC

0
Jim
1/14/1998 2:23:34 AM
Hi Ali,

Had the same problem with creating the Excel component library (Note that
word built ok from this option??).

You can work around this by leaving the radio button on the show type
libraries option and selecting Microsoft Excel 5.0 Object Library.  On the
next screen save the contents of the folder as the first generation produced
an error message on the build.  Also ensure that you enter a unique prefix
for the application objects on the last screen to prevent duplication
errors.  On the first build attempt I got an error when building
dtExcel.dll - "Too many files open".  To get around this, go through the
above steps again and select the "Use existing source files to build
component(s)" option.  This starts at the point of building the dtExcel.dll
object again and went through successfully on the second attempt.

Good luck

Allan

0
Allan

power in Power
What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere, but anyway... Saso On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 15:56:35 +0200, "Saso Zivanovic" <zivanovic@fmf.uni-lj.si> wrote: >What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but >when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere, >but anyway... > >Saso > > Hi, Saso The '^' operator is bitwise exclusive or. Although you can do some things with Po...

Help: Can't get Excel.Application as Automation to work
I've tried adding "Microsoft Excel 97 Application" as a OLE Automation ActiveX component to the component pallet with no success. After pressing "finish" on the wizard screen, a "building ..." screen flashes on the screen very fast and then a message stating "ActiveX component library(s) successfully created" message appears. No directory for "Excel.Application" gets created and nothing gets generated or added to the component palette. I'm using Power++ 2.0. I've tried the default options settings on the wizard as we...

Where I can get a copy of Power++ ???
I would like "take a look" to Power++ but I have not find any beta or demo version in Internet.. can anyone help me ?? ...

Where I can get a copy of Power++ ???
I would like "take a look" to Power++ but I have not find any beta or demo version in Internet.. can anyone help me ?? ...

How can I create power designer diagram from power builder script ?
I would like to create PowerDesigner diagram from PowerBuilder script. Tanatep Go for organisation chart in PB regards Vikas J <Tanatep> wrote in message news:5A01FE4531D0FB010010FE8885256C79.0010FE9785256C79@webforums... > I would like to create PowerDesigner diagram from PowerBuilder script. Sorry I don't understand your meaning. I would like to use PowerDesigner OLE in PB for creating Business Process Diagram. Best regards, Tanatep "Vikas J" <Vanjacobson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6Mhu5slkCHA.198@forums.sybase.com... > Tan...

Can I use Power Designer OLE in my Power Builder program ?
I would like to create diagram which used in Power Designer. Can I use some Power Designer OLE ? Where are the document of this OLE ? Thanks ...

Can't get it to work. Can't get help.
Name: Tony Clarke Email: minionataondotat Product: Thunderbird Summary: Can't get it to work. Can't get help. Comments: Installed T'bird. Had to change defunct server that T'bird selected by default. Kept asking for passwords associated with previous email (Outlook Express ), when passwords entered then got error messages saying aon responded with 're-authentification failure'. Searched your knowledge base & help forums to no avail. Found them very user-unfriendly & ended up more confused than before. Would like to try T'bird, but I think ...

Can anyone get this site to work with SeaMonkey?
Century21 has recently redone their site and claims that it is optimized for IE7 and Firefox. I have tried the following browsers over a dial-up connection (38.6K) and can't get it to work for searching home listings: SeaMonkey 2.0.13 spoofing NOT Firefox 3.6.16 Firefox4 IE6 IE7 Google Chrome There are many reported errors on the site but that can't be the problem because the site works when I access it from my local library over a T1 line with IE7. Is it possible that time-out problems cause a dial-up connection to fail while broad-band works? Any other suggestion...

Can anyone get Classic FM to work?
Hi All, Classic FM's VLC feed is down: /usr/bin/vlc http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/Show.asx?StreamID=2 And I can not get Classic FM to work in http://ukrp.musicradio.com/classicfm/live FF 22 64 for Linux. Can you et it to work and how? Many thanks, -T Am 19.07.2013 22:04, schrieb Todd and Margo Chester: > Hi All, > > Classic FM's VLC feed is down: > /usr/bin/vlc http://mediaweb.musicradio.com/Show.asx?StreamID=2 > > And I can not get Classic FM to work in > http://ukrp.musicradio.com/classicfm/live > FF 22 64 for Linux. > > Can ...

Can get Pages to display with Power Dynamo and IIS.
I have installed Power dynamo 3.6 with IIS and I try to reference the site after creating a mapping in powerdynamo and it can't find it. I have gone through the set up from the white paper on sybase website and this look correct. I have also created the website using powerdynamo and restart IIS and even rebooted the computer. I am sure that this has to be something simple. I have got this to work several times before it has just been a while and I have forgotten. I am thinking it must be a classpath problem. Can someone help me to remember. Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide ...

Where can get Pocket Power Builder References and tutorial
Hi, I just started to pick up the pocket power builder. It is hard to find the reference or tutorial via internet. Can yours guy give me some advise to where can I get the reference. Tq When you installed PocketBuilder there are two reference sets installed. They can be viewed either from: a) the Windows menus - Start->Programs->Sybase->Pocket... ->Online Books -or- Online Help b) From within PocketBuilder itself - Help->Online Books or Help -> Contents The instructions for the tutorial is in one of the books. The code is in ...\Sybase\Pocket......

Can anyone get the password protection feature to work?
I entered a password in the config file and indeed, when I go to my gallery it asks me for a pasword. Trouble is that it keeps showing me the login dialog no matter how often I enter the correct password. Is there a special trick? FYI I can log in as admin just fine and add pictures etc. I don't think my install is completely broken. Thanks! NocSquadEngine for game squad and clan hostingGravityPoint for all other group portal hostingTungstenTech: DNN Site Mine did the same thing. I noticed that when you hit 'Enter' to submit it does as you said, but if you actually click t...

Can anyone get the web AppEon demo to work?
Hey, Has anyone gotten the Appeon demo at http://pb.demo.trysybase.com/appeon_code_examples/index.html to work? I tried following the Web requirement, but that didn't change anything. I still get the "browser not fully supported" msg and at best a splash screen. David David I found that contrary to the documentation, I had to have IE 6 SP 1. Anything other than that and it would not work. Good Luck Michael Walker Cascadia Software David McMeans wrote: > Hey, > > Has anyone gotten the Appeon demo at > http://pb.demo.trysybase.com/ap...

it is powerful and excellent
Name: harbey Email: harbey133atyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: it is powerful and excellent Comments: I would like to inform you that I usually use Firefox beside other browser.But I found that Firefox is the BEST. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12 ...

Web resources about - Can anyone get Excel 97 Automation to work with their Power++? - sybase.power++.general

Automation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For a hierarchical presentation of automation topics, see Outline of automation . For other uses, see Automation (disambiguation) . Automation ...

Automation World - Covering the field of industrial automation
AutomationWorld.com delivers content for the Automation Buying team, which includes Information Technology and Networking; Operations and Engineering; ...

Facebook Ads API Partner AdStage: Campaign Automation, $6.25M Series A Funding
AdStage , a Facebook ads API partner, announced Wednesday the launch of campaign automation — as well as a $6.25 million round of Series A funding. ...

Mind blown! Facebook’s f8 makes a mobile move into marketing automation
... Thus, you’ll need to build a mobile app (if you’re enterprise) or use an app-building platform (such as GroSocial). The marketing automation ...

Automation Heroes (@automationhero) on Twitter

Automation World
Automation World is your link to the why and how of manufacturing automation. The purpose of this group is to connect manufacturing engineers,... ...

Is home automation in your future or are you using it now?
Home automation gets touted by some as the future, but it's really the now. A seemingly endless list of products are on the market and they allow ...

Rockwell Automation Announces Mobility Co-Innovation with Microsoft
A new mobility co-innovation project by Rockwell Automation and Microsoft Corp. will be demonstrated at Automation Fair in Chicago Nov. 18 and ...

3 Growing Digital Trends for 2016: Automation, Personalization, Gamification.
1. Marketing Automation What is it? Marketing automation is a category of technology that allows companies to streamline, automate, and measure ...

Edimax lands networking device orders for production automation
... device maker Edimax Technology has obtained orders from US-based clients for about 25,000 wireless networking devices used in production automation, ...