Are there any free books on Power++ ?

--------------582EC8654F9A3451502B0152

Hi there,

Browsing the web I have found that, at the WWW site of Macmillan you can
read on-line a lot of good books on programming and that for free. I had
also found there a very good book on Borland C++ Builder (Charlie
Calvert's Borland C++ Builder Unleashed) but nothing about Power++.
There were also a lot of books about Visual C++.

Are there any FREE books on Power++ that you can read FREE on-line on
the WWW ?

(At the advertising chapter Borland stay by far better than Sybase. You
can download BCB for free and try it for 2 months and with this book you
can also see what BCB is good at. I have tried several times to download
Optima ++ trial, to see what they offer for trial, and always I have had
to give up because of the slow connection. With Borland I usually get
20-30kb/sec which was enough for letting me download the BCB in good
conditions and also fast).

TIA

Ionut

--------------582EC8654F9A3451502B0152

<HTML>
Hi there,

<P>Browsing the web I have found that, at the <A HREF="http://www.mcp.com/personal/">WWW
site of Macmillan</A> you can read on-line a lot of good books on programming
and that for free. I had also found there a very good book on Borland C++
Builder (Charlie Calvert's Borland C++ Builder Unleashed) but nothing about
Power++. There were also a lot of books about Visual C++.

<P>Are there any FREE books on Power++ that you can read FREE on-line on
the WWW ?

<P>(At the advertising chapter Borland stay by far better than Sybase.
You can download BCB for free and try it for 2 months and with this book
you can also see what BCB is good at. I have tried several times to download
Optima ++ trial, to see what they offer for trial, and always I have had
to give up because of the slow connection. With Borland I usually get 20-30kb/sec
which was enough for letting me download the BCB in good conditions and
also fast).

<P>TIA

<P>Ionut</HTML>

--------------582EC8654F9A3451502B0152--

0
Ionut
11/19/1997 7:23:31 AM
sybase.power++.general 2129 articles. 0 followers. Follow

--------------CE6E980BBBD46C87FE39C3AF

Absolute Power++ (http://www.orbit.org/power/) is cool place

 --
Best wishes, Michael
                     PS:  Sorry for my English

--------------CE6E980BBBD46C87FE39C3AF

begin:          vcard
fn:             Michael Dubner
n:              Dubner;Michael
org:            LANIT
adr:            My home address...!;;Dobroslobodskaya 5;Moscow;;;Russian Federation
email;internet: mpd@lanit.ru
title:          WebMaster of MAR's server
tel;work:       7(095)265-41-01
note;quoted-printable:=C2 =EC=E8=F0=F3 =E7=EE=E2=E5=F2=F1=FF =A8=E6 (=EB=E5=F1=ED=E0=FF =E7=E2=E5=
	=F0=F3=F8=EA=E0 =F2=E0=EA=E0=FF! =D1 =EA=EE=EB=FE=F7=EA=E0=EC=E8)
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;1
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------CE6E980BBBD46C87FE39C3AF--

0
Michael

power in Power
What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere, but anyway... Saso On Sat, 5 Sep 1998 15:56:35 +0200, "Saso Zivanovic" <zivanovic@fmf.uni-lj.si> wrote: >What does the ^ operator? I thought that it was the powering operator, but >when I got 3^2=1 instead of 9... OK, I know there is pow function somewhere, >but anyway... > >Saso > > Hi, Saso The '^' operator is bitwise exclusive or. Although you can do some things with Po...

Power down by power button Frezzing
My laptop is frezzing when I press the power down button. Not completely though, I am able to minimize windows etc just not able to click anything on the panel thus I can't power off and end up having to hold the power button until the computer powers off. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how I could deal with this. As well I am wanting to set it up so that I could power of the computer simply by closing the lid. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. -- tjstinson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Are you al...

Power Tool /Power Cerv
Is there any way to access old user groups circa 1994-96 for discussions on Powertool/PowerCerv. Our Powerbuilder system was build with PowerTool version 4.1 and Power Cerv 4.0 as its ancestor objects. Its currently at PB6.5.1 every thing still works but I would imagine its going quit working in the next few operating systems. My real question is their any way to find old manuals as we build new addons its sometimes difficult to see/remember what its doing, other than surfing through the code. Getting selected rows to work with the cntrl-shift copy etc. Anyone remember u_dwa , u_cb, ...

Power-on and reboot after power failure
Hi, I just set up a small school I volunteer at with a simple openSUSE 10.3 server in their computer lab. It's running on a Dell poweredge system. The Dell doesn't have anything I could find in BIOS or any other hardware level config settings that would tell it to reboot after a power failure. Right now, if the power fails and then comes back on the machine will sit there until someone hits the front panel "on" button. Not good. The research I did indicates that Dell's answer is that it's up to the operating system to "set the boot flag". ...

Power++
Came across Power++ today. They call it a descendant of Delphi on their FAQ. It offers multiple languages, including Pascal++, in which to program. http://gridplusplus.com/power Anyone used it or know much about it? -- Kevin Powick Kevin, > Came across Power++ today. They call it a descendant of Delphi on > their FAQ. It offers multiple languages, including Pascal++, in which > to program. > > http://gridplusplus.com/power > > Anyone used it or know much about it? nope, but i'd be wary of a developer tool website where seemingly every ...

Power on
Got a machine running Win 98. A while back I fiddled with the power settings in the Control Panel. Now when the machine is powered on (done by turning on the powerbar that goes to wall electrical socket, not by pressing poweron switch on computer) the disk drive light comes on for a couple of seconds and then the machine shuts off. Have to then press the poweron switch to start the machine. Occasionally the machine will startup normally just by turning on powerbar. Thanks for any advice on this. Bruce <bru221100@yahoo.com> wrote: > Got a machine running Win 98. A while bac...

Power ++
Yes I'm interested with that copy, how much will you sell it?? Yves Lavoie -------------------------------------- I can sell power++ developer 2.0 (new copy, never opened). Are you interested in? regards, zbyszek ogledzki _______________________________ PANGEA Zbigniew Ogledzki http://www.pangea.com.pl email:zbyszek@pangea.com.pl ...

powerful
Name: mar3o Email: maree1717atyahoodotcom Product: Shiretoko Alpha 2 Summary: powerful Comments: Namoroka is one of the most powerful browsers in the world ....I prefer it Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1) Gecko/20090806 Namoroka/3.6a1 From URL: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/3.6a1/firstrun/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

More power to you
"What goes into a super PC now" <http://www.washingtontechnology.com/news/20_2/emerging- tech/25350-1.html> OR <http://makeashorterlink.com/?Y1CB2105A> UJ _________ - How do you compare security tools ? Bruce Schneier ...

power of
Hi! This may sound as a very stupid question, but here it comes anyways. Has anybody come across a function that wold calculate the power of a number, like the pow function in C. Simply, x to the power of y. I know of 2 options, one an inefficient iterative multiplication, but I have real numbers as power, so that is ruled out. Another is to do something like this: exp(y*log x), but is an approximation. So, please do let me know if there is any other more accurate way of doing it. Thanks, Prachi. _________________________________________________________________ Join t...

The Most Powerful!!
Name: Lord vectronx Product: Firefox 2 Beta 2 Summary: The Most Powerful!! Comments: Yeah man, good work in progress!! This is in my opinion, the most powerful internet browser ever made. Simple, light, fast and it make what we can expect from a good "navigator", so now you had integrate some -opera ;-)- good functionalities, it missed some interesting functions like "Groups" of sites, favorites etc.. -see Maxthon to see what i talking for ;)- and the job will be near the PERFECT life for the Net Surfer , the Nirvana of the Wired Life, go go go boys, we can do ...

How To force Win XP Power Policies
How can we use ZenWorks for Desktops 4.0.1, with NetWare 6.5, Windows XP Professional, no AD or Domain controller, to force the power policies on each Windows XP Pro machine to completely disable all power saving, hibernation and standby settings? I have not found any entries in the Windows Group Policy Editor to address this. I have not found any Windows Group Policy settings in ZenWorks to do this. Any ideas????? > I have not found any entries in the Windows Group Policy Editor to address > this. I have not found any Windows Group Policy settings in ZenWorks to &g...

Ingenieria en Reversa Power House
Alguno de Uds. ha realizado reverse eng. desde un archivo QDS de Power House, para obtener la definicion en un modelo en Power Designor Data Arch. Please re-post this in English. Alexander Nolazco Reyes wrote in message <350F26EC.7E2FC0C2@mh.gob.sv>... >Alguno de Uds. ha realizado reverse eng. desde un archivo QDS de Power >House, para obtener la definicion en un modelo en Power Designor Data >Arch. > > As far as I can tell there is no reverse engineer feature for Power House. You can generate a Power House application but it doesn't work in rev...

Why to upgrade Power Builder 8 from Power Builder 7
Hello All, I work for a client in New York city. All of our current applictions are written in Powerbuilder and Sybase environment. Recently we migrated our Financial application into Oracle. Now our management wants to re-write all other applications into Oracle forms with Oracle database. It will take from one year to two years. Right now we are in Powerbuilder 7.0 which is stable environment and our management is thinking to upgrade from PB 7 to powerbuilder 8 Is there any Pros and Cons on the upgrade please let me know. Thank you in advance, Chandrika. ---== Poste...

Web resources about - Are there any free books on Power++ ? - sybase.power++.general

Product Data Sheets - Sybase Inc
switch to mobile view Worldwide [change] Argentina Australia Austria Belgium Brazil Canada China Czech Republic Denmark Finland France Germany ...

Sybase Software Downloads and Code Samples - Database and Mobility Software - Sybase Inc
The business intelligence and database management software download center offers various Sybase software downloads and code samples. For more ...